Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Jaylon Ferguson is set to meet with the Falcons this week

62 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

LMAO. LATech has two or three players in the NFL Hall of Fame.

Ahh, Ummm, I'm, uh, struggling to see how this has anything to do with whether this particular kid will be successful 

What?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Ahh, Ummm, I'm, uh, struggling to see how this has anything to do with whether this particular kid will be successful 

What?

That was a response to the guy that said he won't be successful because he played against scrubs at LaTech.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

That was a response to the guy that said he won't be successful because he played against scrubs at LaTech.

that's not what i said 

you posted a video of his highlights against scrubs as if it were some mic drop in response to people hating on his tested times. i simply implied that a youtube highlight tape is as, if not more, ineffective at projecting NFL success than combine numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

That was a response to the guy that said he won't be successful because he played against scrubs at LaTech.

How does LA tech having players in the HOF, in any way, make a point about the level of OTs he's playing against any less valid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hjerry said:

How does LA tech having players in the HOF, in any way, make a point about the level of OTs he's playing against any less valid?

Several players played for LaTech against that level of competition and were very successful in the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Several players played for LaTech against that level of competition and were very successful in the NFL.

So? Just because a few have doesn't mean that he will or can

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Does it mean that he won't or can't? Hail naw.

Does it mean that you shouldn't take level of competition into account?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Hardy had NCAA records at receiving and we see what his lack of athleticism has done in the NFL.

different situation though. A DL can be a 500 lber who can't move and still be a good player because they are like a wall on the dline. But receivers literally have to move downfield to be effective and his lack of speed and quickness kills him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Several players played for LaTech against that level of competition and were very successful in the NFL.

According to this logic (the other guy) Ed Oliver will be ****

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MSalmon said:

According to this logic (the other guy) Ed Oliver will be ****

Yeah Oliver, Ferguson, Khalen Saunders, Isabella, Rock, Ximinies and Adderley have no freakin chance. Neither did Jerry Rice, John Stallworth, Khalil Mack, Snacks, Wentz, Armstead, Roddy, Romo, Roethlisberger, you name it. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yeah Oliver, Ferguson, Khalen Saunders, Isabella, Rock, Ximinies and Adderley have no freakin chance. Neither did Jerry Rice, John Stallworth, Khalil Mack, Snacks, Wentz, Armstead, Roddy, Romo, Roethlisberger, you name it. :rolleyes:

Claude Humphrey, Charles Haley, and John Randall all come to mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the number one problem with our defense?  To me it is the poor pass rush.  (we have no shot at Bosa or Allen)  

So, which is the better pass rusher, Clelin, Sweat, Burns, Polite, or Ferguson?  

Ferg seems like a nice physical specimen, but has a lot of development to make a real impact in the NFL.  He is supposed to be a bit stiff, so his game may have to be power, and I don't see that happening.   

I get due diligence, but I don't see Ferguson as a likely draft pick for us.  I think we will have a shot at a better pass rusher in the first round.  Why ignore a major need in the first round?  I say go after the best possible pass rusher in the first round.    

Draftnut57 and PokerSteve like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, etherdome said:

What is the number one problem with our defense?  To me it is the poor pass rush.  (we have no shot at Bosa or Allen)  

So, which is the better pass rusher, Clelin, Sweat, Burns, Polite, or Ferguson?  

Ferg seems like a nice physical specimen, but has a lot of development to make a real impact in the NFL.  He is supposed to be a bit stiff, so his game may have to be power, and I don't see that happening.   

I get due diligence, but I don't see Ferguson as a likely draft pick for us.  I think we will have a shot at a better pass rusher in the first round.  Why ignore a major need in the first round?  I say go after the best possible pass rusher in the first round.    

The last line threw me off a bit . So would you be against taking him at 14?

Edited by GeorgiaBoyz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, hjerry said:

Ahh, Ummm, I'm, uh, struggling to see how this has anything to do with whether this particular kid will be successful 

What?

That means there is a third one on the way to join them,  Not to mention any names , His initials are JAYLON FERGUSEN !!   :lol: :slick: I have us taking him in the 2nd round since I made my Mock last month,, but to be honest, I think now we will take him in the first or drop down a few and get him..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, b3nz. said:

that's not what i said 

you posted a video of his highlights against scrubs as if it were some mic drop in response to people hating on his tested times. i simply implied that a youtube highlight tape is as, if not more, ineffective at projecting NFL success than combine numbers.

 

4 hours ago, MSalmon said:

According to this logic (the other guy) Ed Oliver will be ****

 

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yeah Oliver, Ferguson, Khalen Saunders, Isabella, Rock, Ximinies and Adderley have no freakin chance. Neither did Jerry Rice, John Stallworth, Khalil Mack, Snacks, Wentz, Armstead, Roddy, Romo, Roethlisberger, you name it. :rolleyes:

again, not what i said. my response was to you posting a highlight video as your proof that the dude is gonna be good, and my point was that you can't take HIGHLIGHTS against small school guys as your only pre-draft evaluation. but you knew that, and chose to ignore the fact that i quoted and replied to you directly. 

i didn't even make the point that i don't think Ferguson will be good, my point was that your logic is massively flawed if you took a look at his HIGHLIGHT tape and made your mind up that he's worth picking. 

"when the games start there won't be any cones on the field" you're right, but there will be big boy NFL Tackles instead of cones, and if you can't run around cones that fast, what makes you think you can run around Lineman???

of course there are examples of small school guys who flourish in the NFL, much like there are examples of guys who test well at the combine who suck in the NFL. but to me, a super slow 3-cone time is more indicative of flexibility and ability to turn the corner as a pass rusher than a HIGHLIGHT tape of him racking up stats against Joe Shmoe from Alcorn State.

stop making it out to look like my point is that small school guys suck, it clearly wasn't. but you knew that. 

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, b3nz. said:

 

 

again, not what i said. my response was to you posting a highlight video as your proof that the dude is gonna be good, and my point was that you can't take HIGHLIGHTS against small school guys as your only pre-draft evaluation. but you knew that, and chose to ignore the fact that i quoted and replied to you directly. 

i didn't even make the point that i don't think Ferguson will be good, my point was that your logic is massively flawed if you took a look at his HIGHLIGHT tape and made your mind up that he's worth picking. 

"when the games start there won't be any cones on the field" you're right, but there will be big boy NFL Tackles instead of cones, and if you can't run around cones that fast, what makes you think you can run around Lineman???

of course there are examples of small school guys who flourish in the NFL, much like there are examples of guys who test well at the combine who suck in the NFL. but to me, a super slow 3-cone time is more indicative of flexibility and ability to turn the corner as a pass rusher than a HIGHLIGHT tape of him racking up stats against Joe Shmoe from Alcorn State.

stop making it out to look like my point is that small school guys suck, it clearly wasn't. but you knew that. 

Then point out the physical stuff not the school. But frankly I’m replying to FF not you, so no heartburn between us.

on the field I see a relentless pass rusher and strong edge setter in Ferguson with room to add muscle and possibly quickness with a pro style nutrition and fitness regime. Not a first rounder IMO but worth a flier in rounds 2-4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MSalmon said:

Then point out the physical stuff not the school. But frankly I’m replying to FF not you, so no heartburn between us.

on the field I see a relentless pass rusher and strong edge setter in Ferguson with room to add muscle and possibly quickness with a pro style nutrition and fitness regime. Not a first rounder IMO but worth a flier in rounds 2-4

I agree,, I couldn't understand how they had him ranked to go at 47 last month,, That's why I took advantage of him in my mock.. with our 2nd pick,, which is where he was ranked then,,  When you make a mock and the players that move up until the draft means you've pegged the best picks at the beginning of the Draft process.. which is a good thing... But I hope we get him regardless of what we have to do to get him,, I actually like him more than some of the DEs ranked higher that he has been... I think he was ranked lower because of the teams competition ...  But they really doesn't take away his gifts.. just shows them up more than stronger competition ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

That means there is a third one on the way to join them,  Not to mention any names , His initials are JAYLON FERGUSEN !!   :lol: :slick: I have us taking him in the 2nd round since I made my Mock last month,, but to be honest, I think now we will take him in the first or drop down a few and get him..

If we take Ferguson with our 1st pick,  it not only will blow up the rest of our draft, it would get TD and Quinn fired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vandy said:

If we take Ferguson with our 1st pick,  it not only will blow up the rest of our draft, it would get TD and Quinn fired.

Well, I don't think we'll take him in the first because I don't think we will have to.. the problem is,, at the start of the process, he was ranked around 50 to 55,, now he has risen to like around bottom of first or top of 2nd round.. So what ever we have to do to get him,, I'd love it... I think he's underrated , and that's why I had him in our 2nd round pick,, I'd say we have to slide up to get him by draft day,, He's good enough to go after,,, even if it costed us an extra pick to do so,, I'd say it will. We would still have 8 picks. I'm going to go on and say we trade up twice.. Just my gut feeling... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

That means there is a third one on the way to join them,  Not to mention any names , His initials are JAYLON FERGUSEN !!   :lol: :slick: I have us taking him in the 2nd round since I made my Mock last month,, but to be honest, I think now we will take him in the first or drop down a few and get him..

He wont be drafted by anyone until the 4th at earliest.

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Well, I don't think we'll take him in the first because I don't think we will have to.. the problem is,, at the start of the process, he was ranked around 50 to 55,, now he has risen to like around bottom of first or top of 2nd round.. So what ever we have to do to get him,, I'd love it... I think he's underrated , and that's why I had him in our 2nd round pick,, I'd say we have to slide up to get him by draft day,, He's good enough to go after,,, even if it costed us an extra pick to do so,, I'd say it will. We would still have 8 picks. I'm going to go on and say we trade up twice.. Just my gut feeling... 

That’s kinda confusing, but okay...

so who is your 1st falcon pick this time? 

(i’m wise to both your and G-dawgs game, you both do 100+ mocks every offseason to where you have to get something right...so you can point to that one and show off!!!!)

:ninja:

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0