Cole World

Senior Bowl Measurements

14 posts in this topic

I don't have time to capture them all but here are a few that I've been following the last couple of months.

Osiruz likes this

Bradbury got better in the drills as the days went on.His weakness though and it showed up was anchoring against power.He improved but always seemed to go on a ride and on skates for the most part.

Risner the same I wasn’t overly enamoured in what I saw with him.For me right now he’s 3rd-4th round material.

Osiruz likes this

6 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Bradbury got better in the drills as the days went on.His weakness though and it showed up was anchoring against power.He improved but always seemed to go on a ride and on skates for the most part.

Risner the same I wasn’t overly enamoured in what I saw with him.For me right now he’s 3rd-4th round material.

Question though would you draft Bradbury if so what round?

I'm high on Elgton Jenkins

gtech1 likes this

54 minutes ago, Cole World said:

I like McCoy of all the centers. The only thing Bradbury is missing is strength.

4 hours ago, Cole World said:

Wouldn’t touch Bradbury I think he gets killed in the pros.

Your guy Jenkins 2nd round if some team fell in love I could see a late 1st round like what happened to Daniels Price and co last year.

I don’t think I saw Jenkins lose a rep during those drills and he was pretty impressive against power.Saw him go against Mack and he got pushed but reset his feet dropped his butt and stalemated Mack’s power.I think he was the only guy that I saw that was effective in doing that.

Cole World likes this

3 hours ago, ike barn87987 said:

I like McCoy of all the centers. The only thing Bradbury is missing is strength.

McCoys physical and I like how he try’s to be first when it comes to striking an opponent.I don’t like the guys footwork though.He can be had with rips and swims if he’s beaten too the punch.

Risner has the ridicilous no sack streak, but he didn’t impress as much as I’d hope when in drills in space. I thought Dillard was about his equal...

I think it’s clear as glass that this draft is top heavy with DL talent and that’s where our first pick will be and then I think there are a bunch of OL that are late 1st-2nd round guys, so I think that’s where our 2nd rounder will be along with depth in the interior class for a 3rd rounder....then I think this draft is so deep at DL, we are gonna come back to it for another run stopper to rotate with Senat...

After that, it will be all skill positions...

I still think we bring back Ty on a contract and wait on the Schroeder cut until after draft to see how it unfolds?

Edited by Matt_The Iceman_Ryan
poolerspirit likes this

On 1/25/2019 at 2:11 PM, kiwifalcon said:

I was high on Risner going in. I’m not as much after watching Dillard. I really like him better.

1) Jonah Williams

2) Andre Dillard 

thtas my top 2 OTs

kiwifalcon likes this

Think Risner has a good week overall. Struggled at first, but got better everyday. Has good strength and technique. Had some great reps versus Wren and killed Zach Allen all week (who is basically just a power guy). Also created some massive running lanes on Saturday’s game. Held Montez Sweat in check as well. 

Smiler11 likes this

Risner definitely showed some resiliency after that first day.

He must've had an aha moment and realized he was about to lose some money.

and as far as Garrett Bradbury if he's available in the 4th (unlikely) and we somehow don't draft Elgton Jenkins I wouldn't mind taking him.

Bradbury, like Ryan Khalil and Jason Kelce are undersized ZBS centers that have good feet but have trouble against power from time to time.

Edited by Cole World

20 hours ago, A-TowN.- said:

Think Risner has a good week overall. Struggled at first, but got better everyday. Has good strength and technique. Had some great reps versus Wren and killed Zach Allen all week (who is basically just a power guy). Also created some massive running lanes on Saturday’s game. Held Montez Sweat in check as well. 

Risner had a good week, but I do think he'll be better inside. Was a center in HS and played there as a freshman. If we drafted him, I'd play him at guard and groom him as the long term successor to Mack. 

He reminds me of another former Kansas State player, Cody Whitehair. He was PFF highest graded tackle in college his senior year, got picked in the 2nd round and is now the starting center for the Bears.

4 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

Risner had a good week, but I do think he'll be better inside. Was a center in HS and played there as a freshman. If we drafted him, I'd play him at guard and groom him as the long term successor to Mack. 

He reminds me of another former Kansas State player, Cody Whitehair. He was PFF highest graded tackle in college his senior year, got picked in the 2nd round and is now the starting center for the Bears.

I haven't watched any tape of Risner but Whitehair was a beast in college. The way I first discovered him was attempting to watch tape of Emmanuel Ogbah and I started wondering why the LT at KSU was owning him. Risner may be good, too, but I think Whitehair was at another level.