falconfanEST1989

Goodell wanting LA in Superbowl theory

114 posts in this topic

On 1/22/2019 at 7:17 PM, TheUsualStuff said:

This has already been addressed. The NFL has developed technology that allows them to use magnetic forces and directed microbursts of wind to direct the ball where they want it to go. The magnetic field was created by a jet that was using a cloaking device flying over the Sewerdome. The NFL has been using leather impregnated with slivers of steel for years.... everyone knows this.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Yep.  And Belichick builds a team instead of accumulating talent.  Values dependability over your time in the 40. 

And where he really wins is by meeting tenders to sign RSA, which almost nobody does....they had almost no picks in 2017 but got 3 starters by giving up those picks to get restricted free agents.

And he uses the inherent value of trading for a player.  The signing bonus stays with the team he signed with, so NE only onherits the base salary.  Clever

09-roll-safe.w700.h700.jpg

FalconsIn2020 likes this

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

09-roll-safe.w700.h700.jpg

LOL...to Belichick’s credit, he surrounds himself with genius’s.  I just started a thread abou it. It’s long and will be ignored, but worth the read.

Adams & Harrington: the genius’s behind the genius

Edited by Falconsin2012
ya_boi_j likes this

41 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

You think Saints might make a run at Brown?

Wash your mouth out, ROH!!

With Loomis, I’m sure they don’t have the cap. But they are terribly deficit at WR, signing such has-been Dez and Marshall.

8 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

LOL...to Belichick’s credit, he surrounds himself with genius’s.  I just started a thread abou it. It’s long and will be ignored, but worth the read.

Adams & Harrington: the genius’s behind the genius

I’ll have to read that on the computer at work. I been up since 1 this morning. That’s too much for my eyes on the phone lol

FalconsIn2020 likes this

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

With Loomis, I’m sure they don’t have the cap. But they are terribly deficit at WR, signing such has-been Dez and Marshall.

With Brees at 40 does it even make sense to add more vertical threats.  Brady just showed you don’t need it if your football IQ is elite.  He was not very good throwing deep vs KC...but he was lethal throwing wide and using Edelman in the seams at 10-15 yards.  

Vandy likes this

6 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

With Brees at 40 does it even make sense to add more vertical threats.  Brady just showed you don’t need it if your football IQ is elite.  He was not very good throwing deep vs KC...but he was lethal throwing wide and using Edelman in the seams at 10-15 yards.  

Brees definitely has the IQ, but they still need a vertical threat, saints offense was pedestrian 2nd half of season.

It’s more Belichick than Brady, I think. And as you know, Sean payton’s No Belichick. 

FalconsIn2020 likes this

9 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Lol.....don't you know the cap doesn't apply to the Saints...every year we ask...."how did they get that guy".…and by trading for him...they would just have to pay his base salary...his personality fits that team....and I feel like they will try to make a splash move...

Going to wash my mouth out now...lol

ya_boi_j and Vandy like this

31 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Yep.  Belichick builds a team in lieu of accumulating talent.  Values dependability over your time in the 40.  And don’t tell FFS1970, but he rarely goes BPA.  

Where Belichick really wins is 2 areas:

First by meeting tenders to sign RSA, which almost nobody does....they had almost no picks in 2017 but got 3 starters by giving up those picks to get restricted free agents.

And second he uses the inherent benefit of trading for a player.  The signing bonus stays with the team he signed with, so NE only inherits the base salary and let’s the other team assume the rest.  Clever

Great post. Team and buy-in more than talent. 

FalconsIn2020 likes this

16 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Sure they need a vertical threat, saints offense was pedestrian 2nd half of season.

It’s more Belichick than Brady, I think. And Sean payton’s No Belichick. 

On the last part, no doubt.  SP is a great football coach.   Both he and Belichick have ego & pride. All great athletes do.  What separates Belichick is his willingness to evolve. To admit his scheme isn’t always right...changing from 3-4 to 4-3 was one such move.  Just doesn’t put all his eggs into one basket...or something like that

But you know all this....I’m rambling tonight, Vandy

Edited by Falconsin2012
Vandy likes this

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

On the last part, no doubt.  SP is a great football coach.   Both he and Belichick have ego & pride. All great athletes do.  What separates Belichick is his willingness to evolve. To admit his scheme isn’t always right...changing from 3-4 to 4-3 was one such move.  Just doesn’t put all his eggs into one basket...or something like that

The dude over-prepares so much that’s he’s prepared for everything. Everything.

FalconsIn2020 likes this

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

The dude over-prepares so much that’s he’s prepared for everything. Everything.

Dude probably knows I’m having shellfish for dinner and the antidote should I prove to be allergic.  

Im telling you Adams & Harrington play a part.  Do we have similar genius’s on staff?

OT:  Belichick has 3-4 people in his War Room.  The rest of our War Rooms look like Mardi Gras

Edited by Falconsin2012

Dude probably knows I’m having shellfish for dinner and the antidote should I prove to be allergic.  

Im telling you Ernie & Harrington play a part.  Do we have similar genius’s on staff?

Don’t get me started, 2012. 

FalconsIn2020 likes this

11 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Interesting read. Always evolving to get better, looking for that edge. 

Always.  Find the value.  He loved Malloy, Law, Vrabel, Wilfork & Seymour.  Great players who he unfortunately could no longer justify the price tag on.  People say he doesn’t care, but he cried when releasing VW.

When everyone places a premium on vertical threats, Bill passes due to cost.  Figures there must be value in the slot.  So he gets Hogan for 3 years $12 million and Rex Burkhart for 3 years 9 mill.  

Edited by Falconsin2012
Vandy likes this

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Always.  Find the value.  He loved Malloy, Law, Wilfork & Seymour.  Great layers who he could no longer justify the value on.  

When everyone places a premium on vertical threats, Bill passes due to cost.  Figures there must be value in the slot.  So he gets Hogan for 3 years $12 million and Rex Burkhart for 3 years 9 mill.  

And Edleman’s Only $4.7M.......WTH?

FalconsIn2020 likes this

And Edleman’s Only $4.7M.......WTH?

Oh yeah. Velcro hands himself was a 7th round BB gem.  Quickly making a case as the most clutch playoff receiver of all time.  Those were not easy catches late vs KC

Edited by Falconsin2012
Vandy likes this

Oh yeah. Velcro hands himself.  Quickly making a case as the most clutch playoff receiver of all time.  Those were not easy catches late vs KC

I mean, when you look at that roster, it’s not that impressive. That’s why i’ve Always been fascinated about the patriot way, it shows how important buy-in is to their success. 

FalconsIn2020 likes this

I mean, when you look at that roster, it’s not that impressive. That’s why i’ve Always been fascinated about the patriot way, it shows how important buy-in is to their success. 

Most rosters have more talent.  I have no doubt about that. 

Vandy likes this

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Also helps to be in the consistently worse division in the league.

3 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Also helps to be in the consistently worse division in the league.

They’d do much the same in our division.  Do you like our chances vs Belichick & Brady twice a year?  Newton and Winston would stand little chance over time...

Patriots would win 11-13 games per year in every division in either Conference

Edited by Falconsin2012