falconfanEST1989

Goodell wanting LA in Superbowl theory

114 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

I think Brees is in on it as well throwing those 2 interceptions. Goodell is obviously paying him. 

Yes, did not want to say it because everyone would say, "What, you think the players are in on it too!".

You do not get a 20-million per year contract just handed to you, there are conditions. This time the nod went to LA to open-up all those millions of rating dollars that have been sitting idle since the OJ days.

This is the 3rd time this decade the NFL has gone coast-to-coast in the SB. Would think that would be a preferred scenario?

4 hours ago, Jesus said:

The Super Bowl is the #1 rated program on TV every year. Of the top 10 rated primetime programs every year, usually most of them are NFL games. It doesn't normally matter who is playing either, though winning teams tend to draw bigger audiences. Heck a lot of people don't even watch the super bowl for football.  This article points out that 26% of watchers just tune in for the commercials and for a majority of people under the age of 30 that is why they watch at all.  It really doesn't matter who is playing. 

I have watched this phenomenon before with Chairmanship games in every sport, and the City being represented sweeps-up everyone in the moment. Even people that do not follow sports at all. So have to disagree with your assertion that it does not matter which teams are playing, and would bet your article does not reach that conclusion either..

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

34 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

I have watched this phenomenon before with Chairmanship games in every sport, and the City being represented sweeps-up everyone in the moment. Even people that do not follow sports at all. So have to disagree with your assertion that it does not matter which teams are playing, and would bet your article does not reach that conclusion either..

You might need to read the article then.

JDaveG likes this

4 hours ago, runshoot said:

this conspiracy theory is stupid because you cannot know that this single "non-call" would cause LA to win. NO could still win in OT.

0/10 rating

I mean, you would have to assume LA drives the field, kicks the FG, gets the toss in OT, or if not Brees throws a pick.......come on. 

Brady won the toss in OT. He never gave them the ball back. Saints choked. 

16 minutes ago, Jesus said:

You might need to read the article then.

Besides, the real objective of the NFL is to get the winning City involved with the NFL for years to come (and of course point spreads). They threw Philadelphia a bone, Seattle will not be heard from for years, but the fans are going no where. Now they want that huge Southern California market to be relative. The Rams do not have to win the SB, but that fact they made it matters. My guess is that the Patriots will win again and Brady will retire as a GOD, just like Peyton Manning before him. 

Zone#7 likes this

3 hours ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Yup, if Zuerlein misses the 57 or 58 yard FG in OT, NO gets the ball back midfield.

This has already been addressed. The NFL has developed technology that allows them to use magnetic forces and directed microbursts of wind to direct the ball where they want it to go. The magnetic field was created by a jet that was using a cloaking device flying over the Sewerdome. The NFL has been using leather impregnated with slivers of steel for years.... everyone knows this.

falconsd56, Smiler11 and JDaveG like this

1 hour ago, Cheap Talk said:

Yes, did not want to say it because everyone would say, "What, you think the players are in on it too!".

You do not get a 20-million per year contract just handed to you, there are conditions. This time the nod went to LA to open-up all those millions of rating dollars that have been sitting idle since the OJ days.

This is the 3rd time this decade the NFL has gone coast-to-coast in the SB. Would think that would be a preferred scenario?

I was being sarcastic.

JDaveG and TheUsualStuff like this

5 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

This has already been addressed. The NFL has developed technology that allows them to use magnetic forces and directed microbursts of wind to direct the ball where they want it to go. The magnetic field was created by a jet that was using a cloaking device flying over the Sewerdome. The NFL has been using leather impregnated with slivers of steel for years.... everyone knows this.

That’s also how the pick happened. Brady sent one of his deflated balls to the Pooperdome, but Roger Goodell snuck onto the field and injected it with a small amount of mercury, bringing it to legal weight and also putting it completely out of balance. 

Why is there no evidence of this? That’s exactly what you’d EXPECT, man!

tenor.gif

57 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

I was being sarcastic.

No, No, not sarcasm! What a bitter group we have out tonight, it is not my fault the sport is fixed!

Edited by Cheap Talk

7 hours ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

It's a stupid theory....    to me a 40 year old 1st ballot HOF'er vs a 41 year old 1st ballot HOF'er wouldve been a far better story line than LA ..   

both QBs with the potential of going out with a superbowl win.  2 offenses capable of putting up 40+.. the superbowl ratings wouldve been just as high if not higher..   

Favre vs Manning would have been logical as well, but they had to rebuild New Orleans. 

12 hours ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

It's a stupid theory....    to me a 40 year old 1st ballot HOF'er vs a 41 year old 1st ballot HOF'er wouldve been a far better story line than LA ..   

both QBs with the potential of going out with a superbowl win.  2 offenses capable of putting up 40+.. the superbowl ratings wouldve been just as high if not higher..   

Trying to invigorate the L.A. market is hugely profitable for the NFL. If it's rigged it's rigged to make money not to create a good story.

poutlipper likes this

6 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

Agree it would go much further than viewer ratings. Reviving the 2nd largest market in the u.s. would be the goal.

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers

5 hours ago, JDaveG said:

That’s also how the pick happened. Brady sent one of his deflated balls to the Pooperdome, but Roger Goodell snuck onto the field and injected it with a small amount of mercury, bringing it to legal weight and also putting it completely out of balance. 

Why is there no evidence of this? That’s exactly what you’d EXPECT, man!

tenor.gif

Argon gas not mercury

JDaveG likes this

5 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

That's just stupid. The balls designated to be kicked are filled with either hydrogen or argon gas depending on whether the kick is supposed to be good or not.

JDaveG and poutlipper like this

6 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

Besides, the real objective of the NFL is to get the winning City involved with the NFL for years to come (and of course point spreads). They threw Philadelphia a bone, Seattle will not be heard from for years, but the fans are going no where. Now they want that huge Southern California market to be relative. The Rams do not have to win the SB, but that fact they made it matters. My guess is that the Patriots will win again and Brady will retire as a GOD, just like Peyton Manning before him. 

Brady's family is the richest family among NFL players.

12 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

perhaps, i'm just not a believer in games being rigged. He had a shot in OT, threw a pick and they ultimately lost. He'll have a chip on his shoulder next year. I just hope for the sake of argument they don't add a true #2 WR. If so, my oh my

Will really have to nail that 64th pick

poutlipper likes this

27 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Will really have to nail that 64th pick

Not like there aren’t  any good players outside of the first round. 

12 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

perhaps, i'm just not a believer in games being rigged. He had a shot in OT, threw a pick and they ultimately lost. He'll have a chip on his shoulder next year. I just hope for the sake of argument they don't add a true #2 WR. If so, my oh my

Chip or not...his arm looked dead except for the deep throw to Ginn....and even that he looked like he put everything he had into it.

Honestly it has been that way since the Dallas game...he looked terrible then and did not get much better.

I do think the rams showed that if you get a good corner and let him get physical with Thomas you can disrupt him a LOT (which to be fair to him is nearly every wr)

4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Chip or not...his arm looked dead except for the deep throw to Ginn....and even that he looked like he put everything he had into it.

Honestly it has been that way since the Dallas game...he looked terrible then and did not get much better.

I do think the rams showed that if you get a good corner and let him get physical with Thomas you can disrupt him a LOT (which to be fair to him is nearly every wr)

I’m not going to speculate anything concerning him or that team outside of him and them playing with a chip. It’s on them to prove they still have it. They can dink and dunk it all day with occasional deep passes and have just as much success as the next team, just won’t have major stats. They were a 50/50 run/pass team all season until they ran into the rams who forced them to get away from their game. That’s the whole purpose of watching film and building a team for these situations. 

While I do not think the games are rigged....I do think some players and teams get preferential treatment from the refs.

just like some guys  get a reputation and they get no leway......I mean Alford does not grab as much as any other db....but he gets flagged more than most.

if Alford played in N E I bet he would not get flagged near as much