falconfanEST1989

Goodell wanting LA in Superbowl theory

114 posts in this topic

It's a stupid theory....    to me a 40 year old 1st ballot HOF'er vs a 41 year old 1st ballot HOF'er wouldve been a far better story line than LA ..   

both QBs with the potential of going out with a superbowl win.  2 offenses capable of putting up 40+.. the superbowl ratings wouldve been just as high if not higher..   

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

They both have a few more years to try to get their teams back to face each other

Agreed.. but I believe if brees 2ouldve played and win , I think he hangs them up 

Just now, falconfanEST1989 said:

Agreed.. but I believe if brees 2ouldve played and win , I think he hangs them up 

perhaps, i'm just not a believer in games being rigged. He had a shot in OT, threw a pick and they ultimately lost. He'll have a chip on his shoulder next year. I just hope for the sake of argument they don't add a true #2 WR. If so, my oh my

The nation would have preferred to see Aaron Rogers vs Tom Brady instead of Ryan vs Brady so please stop with this ‘league wants LA in the SuperBowl’ nonsense.

rings639 likes this

20 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

perhaps, i'm just not a believer in games being rigged. He had a shot in OT, threw a pick and they ultimately lost. He'll have a chip on his shoulder next year. I just hope for the sake of argument they don't add a true #2 WR. If so, my oh my

A true number #2 WR could get dangerous for the league

ya_boi_j likes this

26 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

He lost his chance. The Falcons will be back with a vengeance next season.

The Super Bowl is the #1 rated program on TV every year. Of the top 10 rated primetime programs every year, usually most of them are NFL games. It doesn't normally matter who is playing either, though winning teams tend to draw bigger audiences. Heck a lot of people don't even watch the super bowl for football.  This article points out that 26% of watchers just tune in for the commercials and for a majority of people under the age of 30 that is why they watch at all.  It really doesn't matter who is playing. 

6 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

True, but what would they have to give up? Not much money in upcoming cap space and no draft choices! They went all in this year, and blew dat! 

JDaveG, rings639 and FalconinPA like this

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

The Super Bowl is the #1 rated program on TV every year. Of the top 10 rated primetime programs every year, usually most of them are NFL games. It doesn't normally matter who is playing either, though winning teams tend to draw bigger audiences. Heck a lot of people don't even watch the super bowl for football.  This article points out that 26% of watchers just tune in for the commercials and for a majority of people under the age of 30 that is why they watch at all.  It really doesn't matter who is playing. 

True, but there is some credence to having the #2 and #9 television markets involved as opposed to the #32 (KC) and the #50 (NO).

15 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

There are 32 BILLIONAIRE owners of nfl teams and you think Goodell calls the shots? 

No I dont.  I was just explaining why it's stupid with all those "LA theories " floating around 

JDaveG likes this

3 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

True, but there is some credence to having the #2 and #9 television markets involved as opposed to the #32 (KC) and the #50 (NO).

Not really. The SB will be watched in all markets.  1 in 3 Americans watches it. The most watched SB ever was NE v Seattle in 2015. The NFL is a pretty national league. Then again the game is becoming less and less about football.

2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Not really. The SB will be watched in all markets.  1 in 3 Americans watches it. The most watched SB ever was NE v Seattle in 2015. The NFL is a pretty national league. Then again the game is becoming less and less about football.

Correct, but if you have people in LA who wouldn't normally watch because "they have no dog in the fight" they will watch because the Rams are in.  

Just now, CrimsonFalcon said:

Correct, but if you have people in LA who wouldn't normally watch because "they have no dog in the fight" they will watch because the Rams are in.  

The ratings for the game have been trending downward since 2015. It's hard to say if LA will add another 5-8 million viewers to raise it up back up to 2015 levels. I'm not gonna dig into the numbers for LA viewership since they lost their last team vs now. It's up to CBS to figure out how to sell the game to the world. I guess we will see.

26 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

Sure would 

21 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

He lost his chance. The Falcons will be back with a vengeance next season.

Not touching this one 

Drew4719, FalconinPA and JerseyNo11 like this

this conspiracy theory is stupid because you cannot know that this single "non-call" would cause LA to win. NO could still win in OT.

0/10 rating

JDaveG likes this

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

You are my son and all, but............................

• I don't believe the NFL is hella rigged, but I do believe they've become "NBA esq" and pushes certain players (Brees, Rodgers, Brady, any bum in the NY market)!  That is why you've seen them boost Brees and the Aints for so long!
  • I'm no soothsayer, but I believe Brees is done being 'Breesus," and the rumors of him crying and mumbling in his draws in the locker room after that pick Sunday only makes me believe that he believes it too!
  • Aints "fans" know that big *** bill that is going to cripple them for YEARS is about to come due, that is why they are crying in their panties right now over that big *** L that was handed to them this past Sunday!  That window is either closed or **** near shut now!
  • I hope the NFL sticks it to the Aints and their "fans" for years to come for the dbaggery they exude!
  • If Blank could threaten Goodell godfather style and promise to give the other owners (minus Benson) free sheetrock for life, the Falcons might be able to win it all in my lifetime!
Drew4719, falconsd56 and ya_boi_j like this

44 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

You are my son and all, but............................

• I don't believe the NFL is hella rigged, but I do believe they've become "NBA esq" and pushes certain players (Brees, Rodgers, Brady, any bum in the NY market)!  That is why you've seen them boost Brees and the Aints for so long!
  • I'm no soothsayer, but I believe Brees is done being 'Breesus," and the rumors of him crying and mumbling in his draws in the locker room after that pick Sunday only makes me believe that he believes it too!
  • Aints "fans" know that big *** bill that is going to cripple them for YEARS is about to come due, that is why they are crying in their panties right now over that big *** L that was handed to them this past Sunday!  That window is either closed or **** near shut now!
  • I hope the NFL sticks it to the Aints and their "fans" for years to come for the dbaggery they exude!
  • If Blank could threaten Goodell godfather style and promise to give the other owners (minus Benson) free sheetrock for life, the Falcons might be able to win it all in my lifetime!

I dunno pops. The 3 qbs you named simply know how to win IMO, especially Brady. The focus that man displayed the other night and way he was getting rid of the ball, even in long down situations, you just don't find that anywhere else. Coaches have to do a better job of game planning for these types of QB's. It's like when people say the Patriots always have a cake walk to the playoffs, who's fault is that. People have said Brees is a dinker and dunker, the old motto is if it's working, keep doing it until they stop it. Rodgers is an amazing QB who will shred defenses apart. I just don't believe in conspiracies.

I am my mother's son. :lol::lol:

Andrews_31 likes this

1 hour ago, runshoot said:

this conspiracy theory is stupid because you cannot know that this single "non-call" would cause LA to win. NO could still win in OT.

0/10 rating

Yup, if Zuerlein misses the 57 or 58 yard FG in OT, NO gets the ball back midfield.

JDaveG likes this