Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mashburn*Fibonacci

Should Saints been penalized for whistles?

51 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

2015, cost us a 5th and $350,000

I just looked it up and it says for the Seasons of ‘13 and ‘14. 

I know in 12 we could be complaining like little b!tches to, since Roddy got interfered with on the LAST Offensive play of the game that kept us from “winning” as well. 

But we all are better than that and realized that WE cost us the game, not a missed call.

1 hour ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Actually kinda surprised no one mentioned it during the game. 

Actually they did. They even showed video of the fan dressed as Sean Payton with a whistle in his mouth blowing it. Buck and Troy acted like there was no rule

39 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

Actually they did. They even showed video of the fan dressed as Sean Payton with a whistle in his mouth blowing it. Buck and Troy acted like there was no rule

Crap! Must have been during the second half when I was in the kitchen!

but I hope the league addresses this moving forward!

49 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Crap! Must have been during the second half when I was in the kitchen!

but I hope the league addresses this moving forward!

All they have to do is enforce rules already in place. There are rules about fan interference. They could have made an announcement to have them stop, then, penalized the saints if it continued.

3 hours ago, FalconinPA said:

They do say great minds think alike. They can shove those annoying whistles up their swamp rat *****.  

How do you think they snuck them in?

FalconinPA likes this

7 minutes ago, falconidae said:

All they have to do is enforce rules already in place. There are rules about fan interference. They could have made an announcement to have them stop, then, penalized the saints if it continued.

I agree and that was 100% on the officials at the game who apparently have no concept of their responsibilities in this regard.

The state of officiating in the NFL is atrocious, and needs to be addressed.

FalconinPA likes this

50 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Yepper.. we have that in basketball as well and we always enforce it with no exceptions. 

I guess we chalk this up to another thing they missed!

6 hours ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

I ain't talking about the weak whistle man fan who does it on their own.  I'm talking about those fans who were blowing it like crazy during the NFCCG. There was one play in the fourth where half the rams players stopped. And Goff looked like he was just throwing it to his RB for the **** of it, and it got the rams a first down.  However it did affect the rams in negative ways as well.  

So should the taints be fined? The whistles are not allowed already, yet their security doesn't care if you bring it in.  

**** yea they should! They tried to play it off on the whistle man, that's clearly a whistle. If we get fined for fake crowd noise, real intentional whistling should cost even more. 

Edited by Dirtybird3

11 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

What a double whammy this would be if not only they lost on a bad call but got penalized for the whistles.

they already don't have a first round pick. and I think they don't have a 3rd and 5th.. So would they do something different and penalize them by taking away 2020 picks? or hit the cap space? I can't see them telling payton he can't coach for X amount of games, because he isn't control of what the fans do and there was no warning. However he is a repeat offender. 

if they lost a first in 2020. that would destroy them. right now they have been floating by with rookies and not hurting the cap space, and that would cause them to do nothing but sign FA instead of hoping for a 1st and second round pick to get rookie pay and make an impact. 

Edited by mashburn*Fibonacci

12 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

they already don't have a first round pick. and I think they don't have a 3rd and 5th.. So would they do something different and penalize them by taking away 2020 picks? or hit the cap space? I can't see them telling payton he can't coach for X amount of games, because he isn't control of what the fans do and there was no warning. However he is a repeat offender. 

if they lost a first in 2020. that would destroy them. right now they have been floating by with rookies and not hurting the cap space, and that would cause them to do nothing but sign FA instead of hoping for a 1st and second round pick to get rookie pay and make an impact. 

There SHOULD BE a hefty fine along with potential draft pick loss. Otherwise, we are about to have whistles and cow bells all over the place!

They MUST make an example of them for the league to see this is not the thing to do!

mashburn*Fibonacci likes this

C’mon. This is different. If the league didn’t stop the extra whistles in game day and stop how they may have effected the outcome; read Saints winning with that advantage, why go back now?

Saints lost and their fans weren’t held accountable on that particular issue of the whistle.

Its a better point the NFL can use threatening or implying they could have done something on gameday but are letting it slide like the other missed calls on both teams.

Sean chose to rely on the refs. This is what happens when you don’t call plays to the percentages. What’s the likelihood the Rams with no time outs get into FG range with less than a minute?

Falcons losing a pick for MULTIPLE GAMES of artificial crowd noise across MULTIPLE SEASONS is not the same as FANS using whistles which were not dealt with.

What can or should the league do? Certainly not take away draft picks as though the Saints themselves were handing out whistles and covering over the unfair advantage.

Thats the point. It was let to slide just like the missed flags.

Upstate NY Falcon likes this

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

C’mon. This is different. If the league didn’t stop the extra whistles in game day and stop how they may have effected the outcome; read Saints winning with that advantage, why go back now?

Saints lost and their fans weren’t held accountable on that particular issue of the whistle.

Its a better point the NFL can use threatening or implying they could have done something on gameday but are letting it slide like the other missed calls on both teams.

Sean chose to rely on the refs. This is what happens when you don’t call plays to the percentages. What’s the likelihood the Rams with no time outs get into FG range with less than a minute?

Falcons losing a pick for MULTIPLE GAMES of artificial crowd noise across MULTIPLE SEASONS is not the same as FANS using whistles which were not dealt with.

What can or should the league do? Certainly not take away draft picks as though the Saints themselves were handing out whistles and covering over the unfair advantage.

Thats the point. It was let to slide just like the missed flags.

those caught on tv using them should be banned

Ergo Proxy likes this

2 hours ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

What a double whammy this would be if not only they lost on a bad call but got penalized for the whistles.

I approve of this message! :tiphat:

4 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

I agree and that was 100% on the officials at the game who apparently have no concept of their responsibilities in this regard.

The state of officiating in the NFL is atrocious, and needs to be addressed.

I agree. It needed to be addressed years ago, now it is just horrible.