Caddieman

And the Aints fan meltdown goes into stage 2.........I smile more and more each day.

82 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Lukas jackson said:

Glorious.

They've reached an entirely new level of butthurt. I can only imagine how bad it would be if this had happened to them in the Super Bowl instead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Expert Poster said:

Saints also win if the Rams' kicker doesn't make that kick in regulation to send the game to OT. Do you think the kick was rigged? 

Go back to Chicago's failed kick, do you think it is even possible by the laws of Physics for the ball to hit high off of one goal post then bounce back down to hit the cross bars. Think about that, is there something wrong there?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For you NFL is rigged folks:

I can stretch my mind enough to think maybe the NFL coaches the refs to look more closely for certain infractions and even possibly lean calls a little in one direction to support a narrative (and even this I'd need way more proof to believe it). That being said, if you think Roger Goodell and the referees can 100% rig a game to make one team win or lose, you're out of your gourd. Think about it. Do you really think at least 20-30 players on every team plus the coaches, would be willing to not make plays or calls in order to let the "fix" happen??? You realize these guys are largely paid on the stats they accumulate. Each and every player and coach is trying to win every play so they can stay employed in the NFL. 

 

If you want to say Goodell and the refs maybe give it a nudge sometimes, we can have that conversation. If you're telling me games are rigged, you can leave on or take off the tin foil hat because I'm not listening to you either way. 

falconidae likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Expert Poster said:

They've reached an entirely new level of butthurt. I can only imagine how bad it would be if this had happened to them in the Super Bowl instead. 

That would have been the mother of all melt downs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

Go back to Chicago's failed kick, do you think it is even possible by the laws of Physics for the ball to hit high off of one goal post then bounce back down to hit the cross bars. Think about that, is there something wrong there?

 

So now you're actually arguing that the league is altering the trajectory of field goal kicks? 

falconidae and TheUsualStuff like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBF there are plenty on here that think the NFL is rigged. Idiotic if you ask me as there are far too many variables that go in to winning a game of Football. 

I think an element of unconscious bias might exist with officials, but to go from that to the NFL being fixed is a giant leap.

falconidae and TheUsualStuff like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

Why would you smile about that, exactly what happened. Could not happen to a team I despise more, but this is your NFL and they control the outcome of every playoff game! How could that be good in any way?

And you know what Saints fans would have said if it happened to us? "Don't let it come down to one play".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

And you know what Saints fans would have said if it happened to us? "Don't let it come down to one play".

No doubt, they are littlest and grimest fans for rubbing in your face. The worst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

Go back to Chicago's failed kick, do you think it is even possible by the laws of Physics for the ball to hit high off of one goal post then bounce back down to hit the cross bars. Think about that, is there something wrong there?

 

I think I saw someone behind a grassy knoll holding a big fan. . . .

falconidae likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

I think I saw someone behind a grassy knoll holding a big fan. . . .

I am a Physics Major, don't ask me. Just going by what the Commentator said, "almost looks like the ball is magnetized". 

What is a grassy knoll?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

I am a Physics Major, don't ask me. Just going by what the Commentator said, "almost looks like the ball is magnetized". 

What is a grassy knoll?

Look, I don’t doubt that the NFL and the refs tilt calls in-game to keep it close and keep people interested.  Heck the defensive holding rule is so broad that it practically gives refs authority to grant an automatic first down whenever they feel like it.  

But it’s important to distinguish between the refs keeping a game close and deliberately helping one team win.  If Brees doesn’t throw that duck in OT they may have scored a TD and won anyway.  

Look at the 2009 NFCCG.  The refs did everything but carry the Saints into the end zone but the Vikings nearly won anyway 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cheap Talk said:

Go back to Chicago's failed kick, do you think it is even possible by the laws of Physics for the ball to hit high off of one goal post then bounce back down to hit the cross bars. Think about that, is there something wrong there?

 

Yes

Cheap Talk likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

lol

This is extremely hilarious. Their fans, players, and head coaches just wanted to humiliate us on Atlanta SOOO BADLY that they have lost their minds! You will NEVER be this good in a year the Super Bowl is in Atlanta again (which is unlikely cause the Super Bowl won't be here again for at least a decade). We never acted like this over missing a chance to play the Super Bowl in New Orleans back in 2012/early 2013 when we were robbed by the 49ers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cheap Talk said:

.... Unfortunately the non-call for PI was not bad officiating. There is no officiating that bad, neither in HS, college, or the NFL. ....

Seriously? I can find non calls just that egregious in every single game. Officiating sucks in the NFL. There were numerous blown calls for both sides in the game.

 

1 hour ago, Cheap Talk said:

Go back to Chicago's failed kick, do you think it is even possible by the laws of Physics for the ball to hit high off of one goal post then bounce back down to hit the cross bars. Think about that, is there something wrong there?

 

No, there's not. It's an oblate spheriod, of course it's going to take strange bounces, that happens every game as well.

The superb owl is going to one of the most watched broadcast shows of the year, no matter who is in it.  Problem with your conspiracy theory is that  the NFL doesn't care at all who plays and/or wins the superb owl, they are making billions off of it. Each owner is going to make upwards of 150 million this year for owning a franchise, whoever wins. They just don't care enough to cheat.

Another problem is one all conspiracy theories have. Hundreds of people would have to be in on fixing games, it's just impossible that they could all be kept quiet, it just is.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Caddieman said:

These Aints fan are so stupid. They have moved on to saying that Goodell fixed the game so the Rams could go to the super bowl. Oh the Aints agony is truly therapeutic. Lol I don’t even care now if the Pats win!

 

 

http://blackandgold.com/saints/92231-will-not-watch-screwbowl-53-a.html

I hope Goodell did do that, it's not likely but F it anything to screw the Saints over even if it is illegal back deals are ok with me.

I'll even chip in, we can do a gofundme to pay off the NFL to screw the Saints on every game they play. Hope NFL hires a ferw refs to be in each Saints game to ignore calls that would have gone in their favor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

Do not get caught-up so much in the happenings of make-up calls, changing scores, overtime, etc.....worry about the outcome, and the outcome could not happened the way it happened without that no-call. The NFL was put on the spot Sunday for the whole world to see. There were two Refs looking intently at that play, and had all day to make the easiest call of their careers. The NFL wants the second largest city in the US to get back into football, this notion could not have been more exposed than it was Sunday.

I just don’t see it. Every missed/bad call, no matter what point of the game it’s in plays a part in the outcome of the game. Not just a game winning play or a bad play/call when it’s late in the 4th. If the NFL wanted the Saints to lose and had the refs in on it, why were the refs missing multiple calls the would have gone the Rams way? Or did they just decide on that play “hey let’s make a call and have the Rams to win”.

It doesn’t add up when you look at what happened in the totality of the game. Maybe they told Ben Watson to get sick and sit out the game, then after that they told the TE who was playing in his position to purposely drop an easy td on the first drive. I’m sure they told Gurley to drop a pass and get it intercepted close to their own 10 yard line, because they knew the Saints wouldn’t score. The examples could go on and on. I just don’t see it. But that’s just my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cheap Talk said:

Go back to Chicago's failed kick, do you think it is even possible by the laws of Physics for the ball to hit high off of one goal post then bounce back down to hit the cross bars. Think about that, is there something wrong there?

 

South Alabama lucky kick! South Alabama kick hits goal post and crossbar twice!

 

Football Blooper: Field Goal Hits 4 Posts and Goes In!

 

 

Lukas jackson likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Seriously? I can find non calls just that egregious in every single game. Officiating sucks in the NFL. There were numerous blown calls for both sides in the game.

 

No, there's not. It's an oblate spheriod, of course it's going to take strange bounces, that happens every game as well.

The superb owl is going to one of the most watched broadcast shows of the year, no matter who is in it.  Problem with your conspiracy theory is that  the NFL doesn't care at all who plays and/or wins the superb owl, they are making billions off of it. Each owner is going to make upwards of 150 million this year for owning a franchise, whoever wins. They just don't care enough to cheat.

Another problem is one all conspiracy theories have. Hundreds of people would have to be in on fixing games, it's just impossible that they could all be kept quiet, it just is.

 

 

 

 

I don't think the fix is in either, but if you don't think the League wanted the Rams to win, then I don't know what to tell you.  Having LA relevant is huge to the NFL.  They'll get more advertising dollars, because more fans will be tuned in.  It does matter.

Cheap Talk likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, falconidae said:

Seriously? I can find non calls just that egregious in every single game. Officiating sucks in the NFL. There were numerous blown calls for both sides in the game.

 

No, there's not. It's an oblate spheriod, of course it's going to take strange bounces, that happens every game as well.

The superb owl is going to one of the most watched broadcast shows of the year, no matter who is in it.  Problem with your conspiracy theory is that  the NFL doesn't care at all who plays and/or wins the superb owl, they are making billions off of it. Each owner is going to make upwards of 150 million this year for owning a franchise, whoever wins. They just don't care enough to cheat.

Another problem is one all conspiracy theories have. Hundreds of people would have to be in on fixing games, it's just impossible that they could all be kept quiet, it just is.

 

 

 

 

Everything you have mentioned has been addressed before in other threads, do not have time to get into it again. I will just say you sound very sensible, but a little naive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, treboyplay said:

I just don’t see it. Every missed/bad call, no matter what point of the game it’s in plays a part in the outcome of the game. Not just a game winning play or a bad play/call when it’s late in the 4th. If the NFL wanted the Saints to lose and had the refs in on it, why were the refs missing multiple calls the would have gone the Rams way? Or did they just decide on that play “hey let’s make a call and have the Rams to win”.

It doesn’t add up when you look at what happened in the totality of the game. Maybe they told Ben Watson to get sick and sit out the game, then after that they told the TE who was playing in his position to purposely drop an easy td on the first drive. I’m sure they told Gurley to drop a pass and get it intercepted close to their own 10 yard line, because they knew the Saints wouldn’t score. The examples could go on and on. I just don’t see it. But that’s just my opinion. 

You are certainly right in your thinking. But, think about it this way, if they are fixing games (LOL) their goal would be for you to think these very things to cover their tracks. That is why you simply worry about the outcome if you are a detective on this case. In every crime you follow the money trail, which leads you to answers. If that call is made the Saints win the game, that much is a given, so drastic action/non-action had to be taken which took them out of their cover.

Again, this is the most obvious non-call in the history of the NFL. It was not bad officiating. Bad officiating is when you watch the replay and see the call should have gone the other way. This is a African Bull Elephant in the room, which caught the NFL red-handed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

You are certainly right in your thinking. But, think about it this way, if they are fixing games (LOL) their goal would be for you to think these very things to cover their tracks. That is why you simply worry about the outcome if you are a detective on this case. In every crime you follow the money trail, which leads you to answers. If that call is made the Saints win the game, that much is a given, so drastic action/non-action had to be taken which took them out of their cover.

Again, this is the most obvious non-call in the history of the NFL. It was not bad officiating. Bad officiating is when you watch the replay and see the call should have gone the other way. This is a African Bull Elephant in the room, which caught the NFL red-handed!

I definitely agree that this was a horrible no call. If it was the Falcons I would be pissed. But my dislike for the Ain’ts fans won’t let me stop smiling!!! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, falconidae said:

South Alabama lucky kick! South Alabama kick hits goal post and crossbar twice!

 

Football Blooper: Field Goal Hits 4 Posts and Goes In!

 

 

From what someone posted on here the other day, the technology is being developed by the University of NC(?), and has been out a couple of years. Will probably start seeing strange things happening with field goal kicks, maybe even passing(?), at all levels of football. Wish they would have kept the Genie in the bottle.

They already know how to edit instant replays with the outcome they want, got caught red-handed in the Seattle game. Now this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

Yes

To clarify, I think its physically possible. With a round ball, maybe not. With an oblong shaped ball? Absolutely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I don't think the fix is in either, but if you don't think the League wanted the Rams to win, then I don't know what to tell you.  Having LA relevant is huge to the NFL.  They'll get more advertising dollars, because more fans will be tuned in.  It does matter.

LA Rams were 31st in % of home game seats filled last year, Chargers have had trouble filling a 30K seat stadium since they got there. Not like there's a whole lot of support for the NFL in LA.

Also ignores that the NFL is a global phenomena, esp. the superb owl. 

And, if they wanted the rams to win, why didn't they call  the face mask on the saints at the goalline? Why didn't they throw the flag when play clock ran down on the Saints on the play they scored a TD?

And on and on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now