atljbo

Ed Oliver

101 posts in this topic

1. Yea he is athletic *** ****.

2. He seem to have good enough length for his size (arm length)

3. I dont think he is 6'3 ... He looks like he is maybe 6'1

4. I would be SHOCKED... SHOCKED I SAY... If he comes in at 285lbs... Im praying he hits 275lbs

I think teams will over think it with him .... I hope they do.. If he gets to 10 i would package a 3rd rounder to get him

Rumor has it he’s closer to 275....of course he can water down at the combine

Edited by Atl Falcon

37 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

We have to nail UFA to have luxury of moving up for him, but he’s one guy I’d move up for if he fell enough.

But still...

i disagree because we have a 4th and 5th round comp pick .... I wish he would slip to 14 and we all good ...

We could have a Ridley type situation (just slide to us) ...

im very interested to see how this draft falls..... I think we grab a RT at 14 but we will see

i really dont want to trade up tho.... it could get interesting tho

A-TowN.- and Ergo Proxy like this

@atljbo I’m down if we got a lot of work done in FA and really see him clearly above other DL we might consider at 14; presuming our 1st rounder will be a DL by the time draft day comes along.

My gut says I don’t know, but could see it happening if the scenario unfolded that way. Idk on the cost overall to move up. Round 1 trade ups can be costly.:shrug:

atljbo likes this

They're drafting CB at #14.

TD has been quoted as being concerned with coverage or the lack thereof. (per the Falcoholic website).

It could be "deceptive-Smoke", but I doubt it.

Falcon CB depth is already thin, and short (with Kazee and Poole filling-in at FS).

This also tells-me that one of the top 3 CBs will not be back next offseason.

In a draft full of DL-talent before pick #14, most of the top-6 DL will all be gone by then.

I suspect a run-stuffer like "Snacks Harrison" as a Free Agent.

#14:

CB, OT/OG Risner, or a trade-down for the FS from Alabama 

Edited by Rise

40 minutes ago, Rise said:

TD has been quoted as being concerned with coverage or the lack thereof. (per the Falcoholic website).

Falcon CB depth is already thin, and short (with Kazee and Poole filling-in at FS).

In a draft full of DL-talent before pick #14, most of the top-6 DL will all be gone by then.

#14:

Our corners had a down, year but i'm not jumping ship just yet. A rookie corner is not likely to make an immediate impact. Much thinner at interior DL than Trufant, Alford, Oliver, Pool... with 3 very capable safeties as well. 

Stryka, Ergo Proxy, rugger8 and 4 others like this

8 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

I wish I could see more of those violent hands in game film.

Movement Strength and athletically he’s a beast.

Could he be moved outside to rush DE and inside on passing downs? I don’t like him as a FT DT for the reasons you said

egoprime II, Stryka and Ergo Proxy like this

5 hours ago, Rise said:

#14:

Could happen. Greedy or Baker could be there. Baker is pro ready IMO

im keeping a watch on prospect visits. If we invite Thompson in for a workout that means Rico’s injury was worse or he’s cut and we view Kazee as a nb.

personally, the range of Thompson is amazing. I’d love for us to get a true centerfielder

7 hours ago, atljbo said:

i disagree because we have a 4th and 5th round comp pick .... I wish he would slip to 14 and we all good ...

We could have a Ridley type situation (just slide to us) ...

im very interested to see how this draft falls..... I think we grab a RT at 14 but we will see

i really dont want to trade up tho.... it could get interesting tho

Just need a few QB hungry teams ahead of us to over-draft QBs.....

No matter what, we’re gonna get a good player at #14...

1 hour ago, falconfreak1 said:

Is he praticeing for for football or to be a ninja. I can’t tell. 

Hehe. I love the hand work drills. After watching Beasley have zero moves to get gets off him, I would love a guy who knows how to use his hands.

Do that drill 5k more times so that it is second nature. You wont always win with speed, better have a backup plan.

He looks to be more in the Micheal Bennett type of guy. A strong base DE who can slip inside in nickel. Rashan Gary is another guy who could provide the same. We dont need 3 of the 250 lbs speed rushers. We need s big DE who is stout vs run as well. 

8 hours ago, Rise said:

#14:

Could just cut Alford and start Oliver. Kazee moved to NCB when Allen is healthy 

Ergo Proxy likes this

8 hours ago, TSprings said:

Our corners had a down, year but i'm not jumping ship just yet. A rookie corner is not likely to make an immediate impact. Much thinner at interior DL than Trufant, Alford, Oliver, Pool... with 3 very capable safeties as well. 

out dline could not put any pressure on qbs this year thats why our cb’s looked bad. fix the d@mn line.

50 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Haven't had a DT drafted top 10 since 2011 but okay

Not doubting that DTs are not big in the top 10, I remember the Jets getting Leonard Williams in 2015 off the top of my head as some of us wanted him but he went two spots ahead of Vic.

Edit:  I just looked it up and he is listed as a DE in the draft (though he plays DT).

Edited by Monolith2001

We need to make a good OL signing in FA... DT should be the pick at 14 either Simmons, Oliver or Wilkins.. then get a good OL in the 2nd round.. no need to trade up.. also its a very good TE class we should grab a good one with our 4th rounder..

Lots of good Dline players are available, and personally I like the Clemson guys. Only player I would move up for is RT Jonah Williams who can fortify our OL for years. Then all we need is some good G's and Suh in FA.

I'm hesitant to move up, but I'm all in on Ed Oliver. People talk about freaks of nature and he is the prime example. I love Christian Wilkins and Jeffrey Simmons but when it comes down to it, Ed Oliver is my bet to becoming an All-Pro. I'll be at the draft this year and I think you'll hear me yelling from the stands if we get Oliver at 14. 

MilleniumFalcon and g-dawg like this

13 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

We have to nail UFA to have luxury of moving up for him, but he’s one guy I’d move up for if he fell enough.

But still...

Not really, we still have extra 4th and 5th round comp picks to play with. 

Ergo Proxy likes this