Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TSprings

Trubisky named to Pro Bowl... over Ryan?

13 posts in this topic

This is absolute insanity.

Ryan

Pass: 4924YDS , 35TD, 7INT, 108RTG good for 4th in the league

Rush: 124YDS,  3TD

Vs

Turbisky

Pass: 3222 YDS,  24TD, 12INT 95RTG for 18th in the league 

Rush: 421 YDS, 3TD

 

PFF had Turbisky ranked as the 33rd best QB this year.

Ryan had a down year considering PFF usually has him higher than his stats at #11

 

Reminds me of when Jamis Winston made the pro bowl over Ryan AND Brees in 2015 for no good reason.

 

Pro Bowl is garbage. Player's legacies should not be based on # of Pro Bowls as they sometimes are.

 

JDaveG likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Popularity contest. (Though even then, I don’t get Trubisky, lol. Maybe Matt turned it down for the twins??) 

Regardless, there’s only one early winter Bowl I care about seeing Matt in again. 

JDaveG likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Popularity contest. (Though even then, I don’t get Trubisky, lol. Maybe Matt turned it down for the twins??) 

Regardless, there’s only one early winter Bowl I care about seeing Matt in again. 

I hope he turned it down. Its a pretty useless stat considering if someone turns it down like Rodgers this year, then next man up gets named to the pro bowl. But it actually does have real consequences considering some player bonuses are based on making the Pro Bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TSprings said:

This is absolute insanity.

Ryan

Pass: 4924YDS , 35TD, 7INT, 108RTG good for 4th in the league

Rush: 124YDS,  3TD

Vs

Turbisky

Pass: 3222 YDS,  24TD, 12INT 95RTG for 18th in the league 

Rush: 421 YDS, 3TD

 

PFF had Turbisky ranked as the 33rd best QB this year.

Ryan had a down year considering PFF usually has him higher than his stats at #11

 

Reminds me of when Jamis Winston made the pro bowl over Ryan AND Brees in 2015 for no good reason.

 

Pro Bowl is garbage. Player's legacies should not be based on # of Pro Bowls as they sometimes are.

 

Relax, Matt turned it down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ryan must have turned it down... because now Dak is in for Brees who doesn't want to play. They really should just name All-Stars voted on by AP as a part of the All-Pro voting and scrap the game. 

JDaveG likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember when this was after the super bowl, and it was our last breath of football for 8 months?  A lot of time super bowl players from both teams were still in it.  I feel like people actually watched it then, now no one does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TSprings said:

This is absolute insanity.

Ryan

Pass: 4924YDS , 35TD, 7INT, 108RTG good for 4th in the league

Rush: 124YDS,  3TD

Vs

Turbisky

Pass: 3222 YDS,  24TD, 12INT 95RTG for 18th in the league 

Rush: 421 YDS, 3TD

 

PFF had Turbisky ranked as the 33rd best QB this year.

Ryan had a down year considering PFF usually has him higher than his stats at #11

 

Reminds me of when Jamis Winston made the pro bowl over Ryan AND Brees in 2015 for no good reason.

 

Pro Bowl is garbage. Player's legacies should not be based on # of Pro Bowls as they sometimes are.

 

He didn't get in over Ryan. Ryan turned down the invitation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JerseyNo12 said:

He didn't get in over Ryan. Ryan turned down the invitation.

I don't think you can know that, but it is probable.

So.. shouldn't Ryan get Pro Recognition the same way Brees and Rodgers do?  Because Dak and Turbisky now have the on their resume. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, TSprings said:

I don't think you can know that, but it is probable.

So.. shouldn't Ryan get Pro Recognition the same way Brees and Rodgers do?  Because Dak and Turbisky now have the on their resume. 

 

 

Pro bowls don't really mean anything anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0