Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flying Falcon

Rule 17

40 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

Thanks!!! This is exactly what I needed. Sent to him so he can fully understand the rule.

Article 2 basically cancels out their petition going around.

And as far as I know, there's been no protest filed by the Taints.

12 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

Talked to my boy from N.O. and they're talking about some Rule 17 down there. Anyone know what this is?

God they are so stupid, they had a lead after that drive and blew it to go to OT and then blew it in OT when Brees threw a pick.

Godzilla1985 likes this

On 1/21/2019 at 8:35 PM, octoslash said:

Rule 17 states that it's illegal to have sex with more than 17 of your own siblings on the same day in Louisiana. 

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!! 

Godzilla1985 likes this

On 1/21/2019 at 9:44 PM, FalconinPA said:

Rule 17 states that you must have less than 17 teeth in your mouth to be a Saints fan

**** man.....I can't get this joke out my head....I literally laugh every time I see your name now...

I need this on a t shirt.  

Have the front say "Rule 17 says"

And then the rest on the back

FalconinPA likes this

5 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

**** man.....I can't get this joke out my head....I literally laugh every time I see your name now...

I need this on a t shirt.  

Have the front say "Rule 17 says"

And then the rest on the back

:lol:

RING OF HONOR likes this

On 1/21/2019 at 9:45 PM, Doctor Kildare said:

I want the 2012 NFC championship result overturned because of the uncalled pass interference by Bowman against Roddy.

And Deion Jones getting snatched from behind on James White's TD in the Super Bowl.

On 1/21/2019 at 9:31 PM, Flying Falcon said:

Talked to my boy from N.O. and they're talking about some Rule 17 down there. Anyone know what this is?

“The Commissioner has the sole authority to investigate and take appropriate disciplinary and/or corrective measures if any club action, non-participant interference, or calamity occurs in an NFL game which the Commissioner deems so extraordinarily unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such action has a major effect on the result of the game,” Rule 17, Section 2, Article 1 states. 

Article 3 of the same rule gives the commissioner the authority to reverse the result of the game and order it be played again “either from the beginning or from the point at which the extraordinary act occurred.”

Honestly - this doesn't really interpret the way they are trying to make it sound.   The refs are actually participants in the game.   This was a missed call, but the act of missing calls is certainly not extraordinary in the NFL - in fact, it's a common occurrence which happens multiple times in a game, much less in a year - including playoff games and often alters the course of the game.    If they used this instance and replayed the game, the NFL knows they would be under siege from this point on.   It won't happen.   

On 1/21/2019 at 9:42 PM, falcons007 said:

Only under natural calamities, emergencies or a fan interferes with the play on the field. It doesn’t cover the omissions and errors by refs. If that was the case Vikings would have been in SB in 2009.

Sewer town probably can’t grasp the rule. 

So.... what you are saying is.... if they were to go back and change this ruling they open up the door to potentially giving away the ONLY CHAMPIONSHIP they will ever have? 

Am I hearing that correctly??? :rolleyes:

On 1/21/2019 at 9:38 PM, rings639 said:

Anyone else find it extremely ironic that we lose in the NFC chamionship game on a BS non pass interference call after leading all game with a chance to play in the super bowl in the Saints house on the line.  

Six years later the exact opposite happens to the Saints.

Only difference is that we lost on that very play...Aints still had plenty of chances to win that game and still messed it up.  We were screwed out of that game.  They simply chose to let it slip away on numerous chances.

rings639 likes this

On 1/21/2019 at 9:15 PM, Jesus said:

I hope that ref crew calls their first home game next year.

Actually quite the opposite, thankfully we’ll likely never have to see those bumbling, brainless dolts again.

Walt Coleman is retiring after this year and still hasn’t worked another Raiders game after the Tuck Rule 17 years ago.

No more Vinovich for us. B)

But it’s the Rams that Vinovich has historically screwed...any stats showing he has been bad for the Stains?