Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ergo Proxy

Draft History during DQ tenure

71 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, atljbo said:

I think coach quinn thinks that too.... But this is why I hate when ppl use the bust word... 

Jamaal Anderson was a bust... That's a bust ... 

Vic Beasley is inconsistent *** **** and it's Frustrating *** **** but the guy is not a bust

If Beasley was taken in the 2nd or 3rd round, I don't think the word bust gets throw out at all. He's not Duke Riley who is completely lost out there. 

Ergo Proxy, JDaveG, Vandy and 3 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, atljbo said:

I think coach quinn thinks that too.... But this is why I hate when ppl use the bust word... 

Jamaal Anderson was a bust... That's a bust ... 

Vic Beasley is inconsistent *** **** and it's Frustrating *** **** but the guy is not a bust

Well it has more to do with hate for a particular player. Jamaal Anderson was probably biggest all time bust in Falcons history. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tl;dr said:

If Beasley was taken in the 2nd or 3rd round, I don't think the word bust gets throw out at all. He's not Duke Riley who is completely lost out there. 

Even for a top first rounder he isn’t bust. Did he underperform? Yeah. But not a bust by any means, not even close.

Ergo Proxy, atljbo and tl;dr like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

If Beasley was taken in the 2nd or 3rd round, I don't think the word bust gets throw out at all. He's not Duke Riley who is completely lost out there. 

Now duke was one I missed on to.... I think he can be a key special teamer but he has shown he is not a starting LB

Ergo Proxy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Now duke was one I missed on to.... I think he can be a key special teamer but he has shown he is not a starting LB

Falcons need to hit big on second round. This team needs an immediate contributor. Second round is not the round for project picks.

Ergo Proxy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Falcons need to hit big on second round. This team needs an immediate contributor. Second round is not the round for project picks.

I think your previous post hit on it. We have been hit or miss with our second round picks recently (Oliver pending, but I think that one will turn out okay)

falcons007 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I notice and have noticed for a long time is this franchise has no freaking idea how to scout or draft offensive lineman. This is the first year I thought Matthews was really good. Just average before. Schroeder was a lucky UDFA. Where is the guard picks in the 2nd/3rd rounds? Thats why we are in this mess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vic Beasley 1st 4 years

29.5 sacks 114 tackles 10 PD 9 FF 2 FR 1 int

I’m having a hard time finding another DE the Falcons have drafted recently with those kind of numbers.

Ergo Proxy and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RYNE said:

What I notice and have noticed for a long time is this franchise has no freaking idea how to scout or draft offensive lineman. This is the first year I thought Matthews was really good. Just average before. Schroeder was a lucky UDFA. Where is the guard picks in the 2nd/3rd rounds? Thats why we are in this mess. 

So Schraeder was “lucky” and Matthews was “average”, eh? 

Many of You guys lack perspective. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beasley doesn’t show up against quality competition. He’s not someone that is a dependable piece on the edge. He’s simply not that good. 

Outside of Grady, there isn’t a dependable player on the line. Maybe Takk ends up being a solid number 2 but he has to show that ability next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Vic Beasley 1st 4 years

29.5 sacks 114 tackles 10 PD 9 FF 2 FR 1 int

I’m having a hard time finding another DE the Falcons have drafted recently with those kind of numbers.

Peoples issue is that minus the 2016 season he's averaged 5(4.6) the other years which is a huge dropoff, with that said I'd love to see him stay on the team just not for his 2019 salary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thajames said:

Peoples issue is that minus the 2016 season he's averaged 5(4.6) the other years which is a huge dropoff, with that said I'd love to see him stay on the team just not for his 2019 salary. 

But you can’t just minus things that don’t prove your point. That’s the issue with the anti-Vic crowd. His biggest issues the last two years have been playing out of position and misuse. He can be very effective, but he’s never gonna be more than he is. If was a consistent 8 sack guy every year, which he can be, then he should have a place on the team.

It never works to get caught up in salaries and caps. He’s gonna make what he makes. The goal for the team is to put him in the best postion to succeed. They pay Matt and Julio a lot of money and they are always put in the best position to succeed. Why not Vic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jesus said:

But you can’t just minus things that don’t prove your point. That’s the issue with the anti-Vic crowd. His biggest issues the last two years have been playing out of position and misuse. He can be very effective, but he’s never gonna be more than he is. If was a consistent 8 sack guy every year, which he can be, then he should have a place on the team.

It never works to get caught up in salaries and caps. He’s gonna make what he makes. The goal for the team is to put him in the best postion to succeed. They pay Matt and Julio a lot of money and they are always put in the best position to succeed. Why not Vic?

Apples to oranges comparing paying Vic to paying Julio and Matt based on production. I don't have a time machine to see if Vic can be an 8+ guy a year moving forward, what i can say is that SO FAR he seems like a 4 to 5 sack guy which is what his numbers show. He did have a great year, so did Peyton Hillis. With that said I'd rather he stay on the team because that one great season shows that the potential is there for sure.

rings639 and Ergo Proxy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZoneOne01 said:

Beasley doesn’t show up against quality competition. He’s not someone that is a dependable piece on the edge. He’s simply not that good. 

Outside of Grady, there isn’t a dependable player on the line. Maybe Takk ends up being a solid number 2 but he has to show that ability next season. 

That’s true for most DEs. They get sacks in bunches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, stizz said:

Biggest issue on him is that he's "finesse" aka soft. Is it wise to shell out 15 plus on a player who only feasted on backups and disappeared in every postseason game he'e been in?

Whose shelling 15 per for Beasley ? I bet the Falcons won’t so whose doing that.

This is some made up stuff on these boards to prove how wrong there point is about him.

Fact of the matter all we are looking for him is a bit more consistency.Id put money on it Beasley is an easy 6-10 sack guy every year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beasley’s overall problem is that he isn’t good at creating pressure, which is a huge problem.  He has a very low pressure rate for his career.  He only has one move, speed.  If that doesn’t work he’s done.  In 2016 he converted a stupid high percentage of his pressures into sacks, which made him look much better than he actually was.  The other three years were much more the norm for him.  He has 29.5 sacks in four years, he only has 34 QB hits...he just doesn’t get there, or almost get there, near enough.

jay1k2 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jesus said:

But you can’t just minus things that don’t prove your point. That’s the issue with the anti-Vic crowd. His biggest issues the last two years have been playing out of position and misuse. He can be very effective, but he’s never gonna be more than he is. If was a consistent 8 sack guy every year, which he can be, then he should have a place on the team.

It never works to get caught up in salaries and caps. He’s gonna make what he makes. The goal for the team is to put him in the best postion to succeed. They pay Matt and Julio a lot of money and they are always put in the best position to succeed. Why not Vic?

Out of our main four edge defenders (Takk, Beasley, Reed and Irvin), he was the worst graded in pass rush, against the run and in coverage by PFF.  He also was PFF’s worst graded edge defender.  In position, out of position, scheme fit or whatever, he had a bad year last year playing as a linebacker and an even worse one this year on the edge.  His cap hit is the fourth highest on the team next year at 12.8 mil with $0 dead money if he is cut.  Time to cut ties and move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ike barn87987 said:

So Takk is worse than VB? C'mon man.

Been injured since he got here and still better than #44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, falcons007 said:

And who has done what? The whole defensive line sucks.

Just saying if you use his first two seasons you got to use his last two as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, atljbo said:

Time out... yall calling Takk a bad pick ?

looks like he's calling Wes a dud. I swear I hate our "fans" sometimes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, tl;dr said:

I think this shows that we need some investment on the OL. Since 2013, we have only drafted one OL in the first 3 rounds (Matthews). 

In 2012 our first 2 picks were OL, but they were Konz and Holmes so yeah...

What is worrying to me, is that the draft has definitely change under Quinn EXCEPT for Oline. TD still has a craptastic record drafting Olinemen outside of Mathews. 

tl;dr likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, falcons007 said:

And who has done what? The whole defensive line sucks.

Grady and Jack were forces rushing the passer. Grady was an overall stud last year and played amongst the elite or bottom of elites.  Takk has quietly been the only consistent DE.  He had 6 sacks last year with a sack in each playoff game for 8 sacks total.  He had 7 this year on a team that has slim to no pass rush chances because we were down in games and couldn't stop the run.  That's actually pretty impressive considering he is still learning the nuances of the position.

Outside of those 3 and flashes from Vic and Irvin we sucked bad.  Got almost nothing from the base DT McClain and the rotational ends Shelby and Reed were marginal when healthy.

Ergo Proxy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0