Offseason thread 2020

15 hours ago, AutumnEffect said:

I'm not getting it. What's the problem?

Glad everyone in your family is safe, @SacFalcFan.

Isn’t this Tony Grimes Coach (handler)?  Sounds like the bagmen for the schools have dried up for some reason.  Probably because of prospects of no football for 2020.  With the NCAA granting a free pass on eligibility for 2020 and many smaller football programs shuttering their programs, there will be many less scholarships available in 2021.  Not to mention all of these kids in the portal with nowhere to land.  As Nolan Smith told Cade Mays “the grass isn’t always greener”

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Social distancing today  

Everyone is different but keto has worked for me. I have used it as part of an entire lifestyle change and now a year in I do it more to maintain and bc of how I feel than to lose weight. If I want a

I am dying y’all 

Posted Images

16 hours ago, m2Falcons said:

Her symptoms were 5-10% of mine the first round (likely due to a very light viral load and immune system had easy time fighting it off) where this time it has flipped the scenario. 

I hope she has a quick recovery from it.  I hope the next time I get it I will be even stronger.  The virus is going to stay with us for a while and our bodies are just going to need to keep fighting it off after the immunity ends.  just like the flu yearly. 

On 8/20/2020 at 5:28 PM, AutumnEffect said:

I'm not getting it. What's the problem?

Glad everyone in your family is safe, @SacFalcFan.

Basically a high school coach in Norfolk Va lamenting the recruiting process. Several things going on:  1 college coaches over offering verbal acceptances to many kids. Scholarships dry up and said kid is left to scramble to find places. 2 handlers of prep academies and clubs are also supposed to be a pipeline to the ncaa but sometimes dont follow thru like he thinks they should. 

49 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Basically a high school coach in Norfolk Va lamenting the recruiting process. Several things going on:  1 college coaches over offering verbal acceptances to many kids. Scholarships dry up and said kid is left to scramble to find places. 2 handlers of prep academies and clubs are also supposed to be a pipeline to the ncaa but sometimes dont follow thru like he thinks they should. 

there are a lot of issues with recruiting that won't be solved anytime soon.  I am sure a lot of high school coaches feel the same way.. the more they speak out the better chance there is to have their concerns addressed.  the ncaa is so slow to move.. prime example was official visits..   it made no sense that for a long time you could only take official visits your senior season.. a lot of these kids live in poverty and don't have the funds to travel.. why wouldn't you allow them to take an official visit earlier in the process?  A lot of players don't want to spend their senior season traveling on officials, but would rather focus on school and football and have their recruiting already done.  They have changed that, but it took an early signing day to get them to do something that was common sense. 

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

there are a lot of issues with recruiting that won't be solved anytime soon.  I am sure a lot of high school coaches feel the same way.. the more they speak out the better chance there is to have their concerns addressed.  the ncaa is so slow to move.. prime example was official visits..   it made no sense that for a long time you could only take official visits your senior season.. a lot of these kids live in poverty and don't have the funds to travel.. why wouldn't you allow them to take an official visit earlier in the process?  A lot of players don't want to spend their senior season traveling on officials, but would rather focus on school and football and have their recruiting already done.  They have changed that, but it took an early signing day to get them to do something that was common sense. 

Yeah the whole process is daunting. I cant imagine having a college coach in my ear whispering promises. It would be hard for me not to eat it up. The early signing was a good thing. I reap the benefits as a fan but dont realize there is a while process involved to get them in campus. Another issue is that kids (young men) from VA go to big programs like Bama and Penn State only to ride pine only to not play much or to come back to a smaller school. 

On 8/21/2020 at 8:48 AM, 007dawg said:

Isn’t this Tony Grimes Coach (handler)?  Sounds like the bagmen for the schools have dried up for some reason.  Probably because of prospects of no football for 2020.  With the NCAA granting a free pass on eligibility for 2020 and many smaller football programs shuttering their programs, there will be many less scholarships available in 2021.  Not to mention all of these kids in the portal with nowhere to land.  As Nolan Smith told Cade Mays “the grass isn’t always greener”

Yes. It was Tony Grimes. Nice pull. 

and you summed it up. Bagmen are not coming thru. I think it was an issue prior to covid

• 1 month later...

The best diet is what works for you and keto is terrific.  It is sustainable contrary to what the wellness planner lady wants to say and yes know those links pretty well.  The same links are used yearly for people who want to trash other diets.  It's literally almost the same article yearly and the same people use it, but just update their link. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Watched a few movies/TV shows over the last month or so since the season.  Some of these are old.

Mud - Matthew Mcsomething - reminded me part of my youth and could relate to coming from part of a family from the other side of the tracks and sketchy background.  Better than I thought it would be.

Peanut Butter Falcon - man thought this movie was awesome.  Touching and funny.

Watched a bunch of other movies and wasn't too thrilled.  Saw Ana (or Anna?) looked kind of like a rip off of Hanna (much better movie).  The Perfection (whoa was not ready for the umm extra scenery showed) but a twisted movie.  I am Mother - nah wouldn't watch again.  Aneon was just boring to me.  bunch of others that was a waste of time.

Watched the entire Marvel series with my 11 year old boy. except Hulk (didn't see it streaming for free anywhere).  Was surprised that Captain Marvel was better than I thought it would be and Antman and the Wasp was better than Antman.  Some of them were over hyped and some of them were ugh.  Probably Guardians 1, Capt America First Avenger, Capt Marvel, Spiderman Homecoming, Thor Ragnarock was my top 5 of those in no order.

Tried watching the old TV show Leftovers and man just so depressing don't think I'm going past season 1.  However, started Longmire and it looks good so far in season 1.