Offseason thread 2020

SacFalcFan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2020 at 12:35 AM, SacFalcFan said:

anyone else get Covid? 

yep. I had it late March. Wife got a very very mild  case from me. Now she has it again but pretty strong; she's been battling it 2 1/2 weeks now.  Gets better, then worse. repeat.

3 hours ago, m2Falcons said:

yep. I had it late March. Wife got a very very mild  case from me. Now she has it again but pretty strong; she's been battling it 2 1/2 weeks now.  Gets better, then worse. repeat.

I am sorry to hear that..  we got it mid july and just restarted my workouts.  i know from talking to Epidemiologists I know that they believe the immunity lasts for 3 to 4 months, but our Tcells and other cells will stay around and are supposed to help the re-infection we get be 10% of what it was prior.. so that is interesting your wife is getting worst than the first time.  I hope she gets feeling better pretty quick.  It was a bad flu for me and I have asthma and am still a bit overweight, but the HIIT workouts which improved my lung function and heart as well I believe really helped me fight it.  

5 hours ago, AutumnEffect said:

I'm not getting it. What's the problem?

Glad everyone in your family is safe, @SacFalcFan.

Thanks.. I was worried about it, but 5 months ago I talked to some friends who were just learning about covid (doctors I know) and i ask what can I do to prepare to get covid since I knew my wife was going to give it to me.  my wife is a photographer and goes into work so i knew she woud get it first.  anyways they recommends HIIT workouts 5x per week and take a number of immune boosters and we believe that was why I didn't end up in the hospital.. they said my lung function improved a lot and was normal before I got covid.. anyways I hope your family and everyone else on this board stays healthy.  

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

Thanks.. I was worried about it, but 5 months ago I talked to some friends who were just learning about covid (doctors I know) and i ask what can I do to prepare to get covid since I knew my wife was going to give it to me.  my wife is a photographer and goes into work so i knew she woud get it first.  anyways they recommends HIIT workouts 5x per week and take a number of immune boosters and we believe that was why I didn't end up in the hospital.. they said my lung function improved a lot and was normal before I got covid.. anyways I hope your family and everyone else on this board stays healthy.  

Really glad you were prepared. Good job! Luckily we haven't caught it. I usually have good lung health from playing competitive ultimate, but of course we weren't able to play our season this summer. I've had to make due playing mini-games with a small group of friends.

7 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

I am sorry to hear that..  we got it mid july and just restarted my workouts.  i know from talking to Epidemiologists I know that they believe the immunity lasts for 3 to 4 months, but our Tcells and other cells will stay around and are supposed to help the re-infection we get be 10% of what it was prior.. so that is interesting your wife is getting worst than the first time.  I hope she gets feeling better pretty quick.  It was a bad flu for me and I have asthma and am still a bit overweight, but the HIIT workouts which improved my lung function and heart as well I believe really helped me fight it.  

Her symptoms were 5-10% of mine the first round (likely due to a very light viral load and immune system had easy time fighting it off) where this time it has flipped the scenario.