Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SacFalcFan

Offseason thread 2019

99 posts in this topic

Is there anything that is not politics or religion you guys want to talk about let's do it here.  We have done this a number of years and having a thread like this keeps everything not college sports related..  Let me start off:  Who is doing a keto diet?  

3 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Not i

wife is trying the Planko (sp?). But I think she’s about tired of it and no results. 

I have been doing keto now for 3 months and am down 40 lbs.. :) Never heard of planko before.. 

Oh I’m sure I spelt it wrong. I know it starts with a P. 

Shes been eating a lot of salad avocado etc. 

i do the RP diet template and i am stronger and leaner than ever. 

i work out 5-6 times per week (crossfit) and run 7-8 miles on the weekends. 

congrats on the weight loss!!!

18 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

I have been doing keto now for 3 months and am down 40 lbs.. :) Never heard of planko before.. 

Congrats!

Keep Chopp'in !!!

Recently went and saw the Macon Mayhem. Ring looks smaller in person than on when I’ve seen hockey on tv. No fights my night and the Mayhem won but man they could never beat a single power play. Once I think they got scored on in the first 8 seconds of the penalty. 

1 hour ago, 95Dawg said:

Recently went and saw the Macon Mayhem. Ring looks smaller in person than on when I’ve seen hockey on tv. No fights my night and the Mayhem won but man they could never beat a single power play. Once I think they got scored on in the first 8 seconds of the penalty. 

I'm going this Friday ... it's Stranger Things night.  

95Dawg likes this

18 minutes ago, The Great American said:

I'm going this Friday ... it's Stranger Things night.  

Planning on going back on the 1st with my wife and son. Supposed to be superhero night

The Great American likes this

I’m about to start doing keto again. Have an old army friend up in Seattle now that is a pro MMA fighter, he started his own gym and all that; he helped me come up with a full keto meal plan. I was on it for a while and the results are just amazing. Fell off of it the past year or so and I think my health would really benefit from going back on it as my regular diet. 

Highly recommend it.

46 minutes ago, Ricky Fontaine said:

What do you guys think about the air fryer craze? Which one would you recommend?

We have one that we use.  It’s nothing special for us though.

Keto is the best. I love the foods I can eat and I don't have to give up alcohol :D

The down side is you can't cheat. Once you cycle off its so hard to get back on. At least for me. But the weight loss and the energy levels I get are great. Been off for about 6 months. Being married makes it more challenging since my wife doesn't do it. So I cycle on and off for a couple months at a time just to keep my weight in check. 

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

5 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Is there anything that is not politics or religion you guys want to talk about let's do it here.  We have done this a number of years and having a thread like this keeps everything not college sports related..  Let me start off:  Who is doing a keto diet?  

Everyone is different but keto has worked for me. I have used it as part of an entire lifestyle change and now a year in I do it more to maintain and bc of how I feel than to lose weight. If I want a spoonful of sugar in my coffee i will add it. Since I am longterm I feel like you have to do something sustainable and having an option occasionally helps me anyways. When i started last April my arthritis was getting worse it seemed daily, I ate Tums like candy l, and was taking Goodys powders every day. By September I had lost 35 pounds, my migraine headaches were all but gone, heartburn gone 100%, and my arthritis probably 90-95% better. I feel better at 41 than I have in almost ten years. And being able to workout daily has finally got my back and neck strong enough to actually lift again. Sorry such a long post just wanted to share how much getting the refined sugars and processed foods out of my body has changed my quality of life.

13 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

I saw some lady say keto is great because she can eat all the red meat and dairy she wants. Good luck with your arteries.

Well maybe she doesn’t want a lot lol... but keto isn’t bad on your blood flow at all, your body breaks down those fats for energy a lot easier than it does carbs. You have to maintain a balance though, which society can make incredibly hard if you eat out or eat with friends a lot. Have to be careful even with the stuff you buy at the grocery store because so many things are loaded up with sugars.

If her idea of keto is just red meat and dairy she’s not doing it right anyway. Only thing I don’t like about keto is no pasta... I love pasta :( 

2 hours ago, UAB_DAWG said:

Keto is the best. I love the foods I can eat and I don't have to give up alcohol :D

The down side is you can't cheat. Once you cycle off its so hard to get back on. At least for me. But the weight loss and the energy levels I get are great. Been off for about 6 months. Being married makes it more challenging since my wife doesn't do it. So I cycle on and off for a couple months at a time just to keep my weight in check. 

I do love keto.. it's easy imo to pick out foods to eat.. i am also improving as a cook as well with what i am doing for the eating plan.  i have done a number of diets, but keto is the best IMO.  i love it.. i lost 40 lbs in 4 months.. i lost 10 pounds last week alone.  

1 hour ago, sdogg said:

Keto is by far the most effective diet I've ever tried and I've tried probably 100's. 

agreed it is.. i used the carb manager application to keep track.. that and myfitness pal are my favorite apps. 

1 hour ago, Dawggone said:

Everyone is different but keto has worked for me. I have used it as part of an entire lifestyle change and now a year in I do it more to maintain and bc of how I feel than to lose weight. If I want a spoonful of sugar in my coffee i will add it. Since I am longterm I feel like you have to do something sustainable and having an option occasionally helps me anyways. When i started last April my arthritis was getting worse it seemed daily, I ate Tums like candy l, and was taking Goodys powders every day. By September I had lost 35 pounds, my migraine headaches were all but gone, heartburn gone 100%, and my arthritis probably 90-95% better. I feel better at 41 than I have in almost ten years. And being able to workout daily has finally got my back and neck strong enough to actually lift again. Sorry such a long post just wanted to share how much getting the refined sugars and processed foods out of my body has changed my quality of life.

there is a great book you can read on refined sugars and the efffect they have on societies once introduced.   it opened my eyes to the detriment of refined sugars.  i agree it's been a lifestyle change and i feel much more in control of my food selections and the tracking part really helps me.  i had no idea how sugar had an affect on cancers, but the more I looked into it the more scary it got.  keto helps with inflammation which is one of the biggest health issues that people have to face.. again until keto i had no idea about the importance of inflammation and disease in our bodies.  Thanks to the 40 lb loss i am working out a lot right now.  I feel so much better right now then i did 6 months ago.  My blood work was great after being on keto for over 4 months.  Thanks so much for your story above.  I can say it's one of the best eating plans i have ever had the opportunity to do.  

2 hours ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

My concern with Keto is what happens when you stop it?

Depends on the foods you start eating. If you go back to eating what you were before you started keto then you’ll have the same results you had with that diet before. You won’t rapidly blow up or just put all the weight back on or something, but keto really clears your system and you have such a different energy level in general that when you go back to eating whatever you want (which for most people is carb and sugar heavy foods) you will feel the difference. Too much sugar really does have a bad effect on the body.

But I can tell you from when I’ve done keto before, I was still able to eat at places like Texas Roadhouse and Buffalo Wild Wings. Have to be a little more selective with the menu but if you adjust to the diet it’s extremely beneficial. I’m about to start back on it and intend to stay on it. At least until thanksgiving rolls around. :lol: 

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

Kinda always felt like as long as u run a few days a week and stay away from sweet tea and French fries that’s about the best diet - sustainable