Sidecar Falcon

Saints’ Fan Wants To Organize A Class Action Lawsuit

137 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ltstorm2 said:

Man....... I was at that Monday night football game in New Orleans that Brees broke the TD record.  I remember a ref making up a rule.  He said " There's no holding on the play because the saints were running a screen".  That play happened in the endzone and should have been a safety.

LOL. That was the exact play I was thinking of on my last post. The fix was in way before that play but it couldn't have been more obvious after that. 

JDaveG and Flying Falcon like this

36 minutes ago, Atticus67 said:
Sports grieving is tough, we know 28-3 blown lead, a bs holding call to push you out of FG range to ice the game, but one call, or non call does not lose a game.
The Rams deserve credit for winning, finding the way to do it in a tough environment to win. The Saints had four possession in the fourth quarter and OT and came away with 3 points at home. they choked.

The holding call was legit..... what was not legit was the face masks that should have off set that but was not called on the Patriots

JDaveG likes this

Just now, CrimsonFalcon said:

The petition to have the game replayed has made it's way to Facebook...

I kind of wish they would just to see the Rams blow them out..... they don't understand that they're not the only ones who have been screwed over by the refs in playoff games... like I told one of those idiots before they just need to take their humping like a man.... Meaning be more like their sister

JDaveG likes this

9 hours ago, The Don™ said:

Rams could have iced that game 2 or three times before that non-PI call. Goff missed a wide open receiver in the 4th QTR that could have walked in in the endzone. He threw a ball high for Woods that caused him to stumble and fall...he could have walked into the endzone. Goff was off half the game and in some game-ending moments. One of the Rams guys dropped an easy INT in the fourth quarter. 

It wasn't that one non-PI call that determined the outcome of the game. Saints have nothing to complain about when refs are almost ALWAYS on their side in their stadium. Of course, this is all IMO.

This is the best response. Everyone is focused on that missed DPI call Rams at-fault, but as you said, the Rams missed about three opportunities to put that game away prior to that snap. To add to this, the Rams had their miscues with Gurley fumbling and dude dropping a bonafide INT. 

JDaveG likes this

9 hours ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

I’m not backing this up with much evidence but just anecdotally from my decade watching the NFL ...

When it comes down to it, refs are VERY hesitant to throw flags that will directly determine the outcome of a game. Near the end, a “let them play” mentality seems to take hold.

As I've stated before in this forum, I'm a high school and college football official and I can tell you with confidence that is Officiating 101. Unless the entire world sees it, you never, Ever, EVER throw your flag in crunch time. Of course, this has obvious drawbacks (see 2012) but it is what it is. 

That's why I always say that you should never allow the game to get into the hands of the officials. They only have themselves to blame for getting in the red zone THREE TIMES IN THE FIRST QUARTER only to come away with 13 points. If they had been on the job, the halftime score would've been 31-10 and the Rams done for instead of 13-10...

Edited by ratesforless

14 minutes ago, ratesforless said:

As I've stated before in this forum, I'm a high school and college football official and I can tell you with confidence that is Officiating 101. Unless the entire world sees it, you never, Ever, EVER throw your flag in crunch time. Of course, this has obvious drawbacks (see 2012) but it is what is. 

That's why I always say that you should never allow the game to get into the hands of the officials. They only have themselves to blame for getting in the red zone THREE TIMES IN THE FIRST QUARTER only to come away with 13 points. If they had been on the job, the halftime score would've been 31-10 and the Rams done for instead of 13-10...

I agree.....

JDaveG likes this

LMAO.....................

Check it out and cry me a river stains fans.....

That top left panel shows a missed facemask call during a scramble by Rams QB Jared Goff during a fourth-quarter drive that, if called, would have given them first-and-goal from the two-yard-line. Instead LA ended up settling for a field goal, which is why the game was tied when the fateful non-call on Robey-Coleman happened.

50732320_2324559004257441_519433001180856320_n.jpg

JDaveG and Halcon-1 like this