Sidecar Falcon

Saints’ Fan Wants To Organize A Class Action Lawsuit

137 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

Yes, might not be as good as the fresh tears last night though

Well, wifey and I ran through those cases of tears pretty quickly last night so we need to buy some more...

Ezekiel 25:17 likes this

3 hours ago, ratesforless said:

Well, wifey and I ran through those cases of tears pretty quickly last night so we need to buy some more...

Same here man, my wife knows how much I hate the Saints she was helping me with the tears. She helped until the Chiefs lost, which is her team. Then she had her own tears. 

Leave aside for the moment the fact that this would probably be dismissed on the pleadings.  Imagine with me a world where this goes to court and the guy who posted that thread is the star witness for the plaintiffs.

Plaintiff's attorney (PA):  Mr. Saints fan, can you explain to the Court why the game was fixed?

Saints Fan (SF):  Yes.  They refused to call clear pass interference on that one play.

PA:  And can you tell the court how that affected the outcome of the game.

SF:  See, instead of us going up by 7 points, we only went up by 3.

PA:  And how do you know you'd have gone up by 7?

SF:  We have Drew Brees.

PA:  Can you explain to the Court what happened next?

SF:  So the Saints kicked the field goal and went up by 3.  Then the Rams marched right down the field and got a field goal to tie it up.

PA:  So then you lost the coin toss in overtime?

SF:  No -- we WON the coin toss in overtime!

PA:  So then what happened?

SF:  Brees marched it right down the field but then threw an interception.

PA: ................... the same Drew Brees who would have guaranteed you the victory with a touchdown had the PI been called?

SF:  Anyway, then the Saints defense actually held them but their kicker hit a 57 yard field goal.......

PA: ....................

tenor.gif?itemid=5756109

4 minutes ago, Disco said:

Haha, someone in there offers 100 dollars for the lawsuit.  Roger Goodell must be ****ting in his pants right now! 

Bruh, that will buy like at least 5 minutes of some high powered lawyer's time.  He should be scared.

11 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Leave aside for the moment the fact that this would probably be dismissed on the pleadings.  Imagine with me a world where this goes to court and the guy who posted that thread is the star witness for the plaintiffs.

Plaintiff's attorney (PA):  Mr. Saints fan, can you explain to the Court why the game was fixed?

Saints Fan (SF):  Yes.  They refused to call clear pass interference on that one play.

SF:  So the Saints kicked the field goal and went up by 3.  Then the Chiefs marched right down the field and got a field goal to tie it up.

PA: ................... the same Drew Brees who would have guaranteed you the victory with a touchdown had the PI been called?

SF:  Anyway, then the Saints defense actually held them but their kicker hit a 57 yard field goal.......

tenor.gif?itemid=5756109

The only flaw in this logic is the saints didn't need a TD to guarantee anything, the Rams would have had 15 seconds and no timeouts to get into field goal range.  The automatic first down is what essentially would have sealed the game.

That said it couldn't have happened to a more deserving fan base and there were plenty of missed calls both ways.  One play doesn't make a game.

1 minute ago, IA Falcon07 said:

The only flaw in this logic is the saints didn't need a TD to guarantee anything, the Rams would have had 15 seconds and no timeouts to get into field goal range.  The automatic first down is what essentially would have sealed the game.

That said it couldn't have happened to a more deserving fan base and there were plenty of missed calls both ways.  One play doesn't make a game.

Sure it would have.  And any of the missed calls the other way would have also changed the landscape of the game.

You can't have the benefit of favorable non-calls all game to keep things close and then whine when the last non-call goes the other way.  But that's what Saints fans are doing right now.

Just now, JDaveG said:

Sure it would have.  And any of the missed calls the other way would have also changed the landscape of the game.

You can't have the benefit of favorable non-calls all game to keep things close and then whine when the last non-call goes the other way.  But that's what Saints fans are doing right now.

I think you're misunderstanding what I said, I agree you can't complain about a single isolated call.  The Rams probably score a TD instead of field goal the drive before if a face mask is called.  Just pointing out the scenario you described isn't even what was necessary to win, a field goal had a 99.9% chance of sealing only the clock would have been at 15 seconds instead of 1:45. 

CrimsonFalcon likes this

5 minutes ago, IA Falcon07 said:

I think you're misunderstanding what I said, I agree you can't complain about a single isolated call.  The Rams probably score a TD instead of field goal the drive before if a face mask is called.  Just pointing out the scenario you described isn't even what was necessary to win, a field goal had a 99.9% chance of sealing only the clock would have been at 15 seconds instead of 1:45. 

No, I get it.  And I get that both of us agree we are unsympathetic about it.

I just find it amusing that the storyline is "they blew that one call!" while ignoring literally every non-call for the entire game that went the Saints' way.  I know you aren't doing that.  I just find it funny that Saints fans refuse to see it.

IA Falcon07 likes this

21 minutes ago, IA Falcon07 said:

This. Saints fans should go back and watch the 1st qtr when the Saints were settling for field goals instead of blowing the game wide open with Mr. ALL WORLD at qb and "Better Than Julio" Thomas at WR. At home, 13 point lead, HOF qb, whistle blowing crowd, etc wasn't enough to overcome some really arrogant play calling by your head coach in the last 2 minutes.  The irony is amazing in that Peyton did exactly what Shannahan did in that game that the saints organization trolled us relentlessly over. Karma is a real ***** some times ain't it?

2 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Mannnnn....I almost wrecked my truck:lol:

Truth be told...they have a right to be mad though..

No doubt they do but there were lots of missed calls they committed like face masks.  Bruh their misery right now is music to my ears! Karma is a biatch!!!!  :D

JDaveG likes this

Cmon aints. Payton didnt run the ball and milk the clock. Then brees threw that lame duck int. And you all want to bi...ch about a PI. GTFO

JDaveG likes this

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

SF:  So the Saints kicked the field goal and went up by 3.  Then the Chiefs marched right down the field and got a field goal to tie it up.

tenor.gif?itemid=5756109

I think you mean the Rams lol

JDaveG likes this

3 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Mannnnn....I almost wrecked my truck:lol:

Truth be told...they have a right to be mad though..

No.....no they don't.

After years of them getting  preferential treatment from the refs...they have no right to be mad.

papachaz likes this

1 hour ago, IA Falcon07 said:

dang this sounds familiar, wait a minute and let me think......  :ninja::huh:

42 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I think you mean the Rams lol

In the last sentence?  "Their" was meant to refer to the Rams, but I see that wasn't clear.

13 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

In the last sentence?  "Their" was meant to refer to the Rams, but I see that wasn't clear.

“SF:  So the Saints kicked the field goal and went up by 3.  Then the Chiefs marched right down the field and got a field goal to tie it up.”

This line. 

Just now, Sidecar Falcon said:

“SF:  So the Saints kicked the field goal and went up by 3.  Then the Chiefs marched right down the field and got a field goal to tie it up.”

This line. 

Aw, crap.  Fixing.

Thanks.

Sidecar Falcon likes this