Xfactor

Andy Reid you did it again

61 posts in this topic

Lack of game management cost you the game and this time a trip to the Super Bowl.

You did it in Philly but mixed in head scrathing time outs there tonight it was just the clock.

Get the ball back with 3:39 

Throwing on first down multiple times. Incomplete passes stopping the clock. 

No runs mixed in to burn the clock or make NE burn their timeouts. 

If you insist on throwing dink and dunk with Kelce you don’t need 25 yard pass plays.

Scored to quick you even snapped the ball before the two minute warning.

Leaving Brady with 2:00 minutes against your 31st rank defense. You lose and you did.

Dee Ford lost this game for them. There’s no such thing as leaving too much time because if they try to kill the clock it is never guaranteed they or anyone will score. For all you guys know the patriots would have held them out of the end zone then you guys would be saying why didn’t he score when he had a chance. It’s a lose lose for coaches in the nfl. We know first hand with how we treat Quinn. 

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Dee Ford lost this game for them. There’s no such thing as leaving too much time because if they try to kill the clock it is never guaranteed they or anyone will score. For all you guys know the patriots would have held them out of the end zone then you guys would be saying why didn’t he score when he had a chance. It’s a lose lose for coaches in the nfl. We know first hand with how we treat Quinn. 

Give Brady less than 2 minutes and the Chiefs get a shot Brady was still trying to score with 41 seconds left. 

Plus the penalty has nothing to do with my point. It happened but penalty or not if you leave that much time to Brady against  a porous defense you’re gonna lose. 

You had to run the clock down to protect your 31st ranked defense

3 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

Give Brady less than 2 minutes and the Chiefs get a shot Brady was still trying to score with 41 seconds left. 

Plus the penalty has nothing to do with my point. It happened but penalty or not if you leave that much time to Brady against  a porous defense you’re gonna lose. 

And if the chiefs dont hit the end zone in their attempt at trying to kill the clock, then what do you say? And the penalty has everything to do with your point because without the penalty the game is over

RoddyWhite84 and Ergo Proxy like this

9 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

And if the chiefs dont hit the end zone in their attempt at trying to kill the clock, then what do you say? And the penalty has everything to do with your point because without the penalty the game is over

No it doesn’t you’re talking about something that happened after they scored and left 2 min on the clock. 

I guess you need to send an email to all 32 teams to scrap the 2 minute drill in training camp. 

This strategy is older than dirt and when you have the GOAT and your D sucks it’s the correct call whether you score or not

I hear people talking about the time that the Chiefs left.   The thing is.. they needed a touchdown...you can milk the clock if all you needed was a fg..you can't play the time game when you don't even know if you're going to even score..

You take that TD no matter what...it's now on the defense to bring it home...that's their job..

10 of them did just that:ninja:

15 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

This game was replaying 2016 superbowl of Atlanta vs Patriots.

Except, it was Kansas making dumb clock management calls all game, Pats getting away with Phantom calls. And their W.Rs making GODLY catches with 1/2 centimeters above ground.

2 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I hear people talking about the time that the Chiefs left.   The thing is.. they needed a touchdown...you can milk the clock if all you needed was a fg..you can't play the time game when you don't even know if you're going to even score..

You take that TD no matter what...it's now on the defense to bring it home...that's their job..

But let’s be honest.

When you saw the clock after the Chiefs scored  and the Pats has over 2 minutes and all 3 timeouts... you knew they left too much time on the board, didn’t you?

15 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

No it doesn’t you’re talking about something that happened after they scored and left 2 min on the clock. 

I guess you need to send an email to all 32 teams to scrap the 2 minute drill in training camp. 

This strategy is older than dirt and when you have the GOAT and your D sucks it’s the correct call whether you score or not

Isn’t that what you’re talking about? The final 2 minutes. **** you act like every team is 100% efficient with their 2 minute drills. We literally watched a team all season who failed several times in the final 2 minutes while the opponent was successful. It’s just part of the game

4 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Agree...take T.D when u can but at same time...Andy Reid FAILED to manage clock the entire game and his entire life which costed him big games.

RING OF HONOR and Xfactor like this

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

But let’s be honest.

When you saw the clock after the Chiefs scored  and the Pats has over 2 minutes and all 3 timeouts... you knew they left too much time on the board, didn’t you?

Championship game , playing vs HOF coach and Q.B ....what did you expect?

5 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

But let’s be honest.

As soon as they scored I turned to my wife and said Kansas City just lost

ratesforless likes this

1 minute ago, Xfactor said:

As soon as they scored I turned to my wife and said Kansas City just lost

What you’re criticizing the chiefs of is pretty unfair. Waaaay easier said than done 

13 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Funny that the thread starter agreed with this but I say something similar and he’s trying to argue me down lmao

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

What you’re criticizing the chiefs of is pretty unfair. Waaaay easier said than done 

You’re right but Reid has done this **** his entire career. 

2 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

But let’s be honest.

I thought they had enough time to get back in it.. but again it's the defense job.. and 10 of them did their job...they should have won..

200 or 45 sec ..an elite qb will always give you a shot..

Let me ask you a question...

If Ford doesn't line up in the neutral zone and the Chiefs win...

Do you blame the Patriots for scoring fast and leaving enough time for the Chiefs to send it to overtime??

ya_boi_j and ratesforless like this

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Funny that the thread starter agreed with this but I say something similar and he’s trying to argue me down lmao

Not true ya there is truth to what both of you are saying but there is football and championship football. 

In this case Reid has to protect his weakness this is for all the marbles you have to bleed the clock or more than likely going to lose. 

No one on this forum should be at all surprised to see the Patriots score with that much time and all three timeouts left. We all knew that Edelman was going to come down with the ball no matter what and Gronkowski was somehow going to get open on the sidelines. We know this part of the script all too well, like the end of a 1986 Hulk Hogan match.

But while it would be easy to pile on Andy (again), Dee Ford lining up offsides cost them in a monumental way. If he simply glances at the ball and take a half-step back before it's snapped, GAME OVER. Ford has had a great season but that's the kind of mental error that folks remember for years...

J-Nice, ya_boi_j and RING OF HONOR like this

Just now, Xfactor said:

Not true ya there is truth to what both of you are saying but there is football and championship football. 

In this case Reid has to protect his weakness this is for all the marbles you have to bleed the clock or more than likely going to lose. 

Answer the question, if they get locked up after wasting so much time with only 2 time outs of their own, then what do you say. 

I don’t give a crap who the opponent is, you score when you can. Tds are not guaranteed. They needed a touchdown. Had Dee Ford not lined up offsides we aren’t having this discussion because the game would have been a wrap 

9 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I thought they had enough time to get back in it.. but again it's the defense job.. and 10 of them did their job...they should have won..

200 or 45 sec ..an elite qb will always give you a shot..

Let me ask you a question...

If Ford doesn't line up in the neutral zone and the Chiefs win...

Do you blame the Patriots for scoring fast and leaving enough time for the Chiefs to send it to overtime??

Yes and no.  Don’t forget the Pats had a penalty on that drive that stopped the clock for the Chiefs. So the Pats helped them

But If Ford doesn’t line up offsides and the int stands...

It was 54 seconds and Pats had all 3 timeouts. Game is probably over but the Pats could have gotten the ball back with 40 seconds.

Like you said,  they would have had a shot.