Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcon Freddie

Chiefs Linebacker Dee Ford - sucks to be him

22 posts in this topic

Dee Ford is the Chiefs' linebacker who participated on the play near the end of regulation in the AFC Championship game when the Chiefs intercepted a Patriots deflected pass. That event cinched victory for the Chiefs … or it would have if Mr. Ford had not lined up offsides - and not just by a little bit - drawing a flag which negated the interception. This kept the Patriots alive to tie and go into overtime, which they won. The Devil may take care of his own, but he often doesn't make it too obvious.

The Chiefs themselves won't publicly single out Ford, but you know there were undoubtedly a lot of sideway glances in his direction in the Chiefs' locker room after the game.

13 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

Both Ford and Houston got completely shut out

Well coached that Patriots Oline I expect nothing different from them.

They murdered them running the football aswell.Inside outside running behind Devlin & Gronkowski.They were really good today.

3 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

lest we not forget this violent act by Chris Jones. 

dm_190120_nfl_chiefs_jones_roughing.jpg

RTP has to made a reviewable penalty next season. Refs **** up on that call too many times. Huge penalty. 

JDaveG, papachaz and Drew4719 like this

9 hours ago, Falcon Freddie said:

Dee Ford is the Chiefs' linebacker who participated on the play near the end of regulation in the AFC Championship game when the Chiefs intercepted a Patriots deflected pass. That event cinched victory for the Chiefs … or it would have if Mr. Ford had not lined up offsides - and not just by a little bit - drawing a flag which negated the interception. This kept the Patriots alive to tie and go into overtime, which they won. The Devil may take care of his own, but he often doesn't make it too obvious.

The Chiefs themselves won't publicly single out Ford, but you know there were undoubtedly a lot of sideway glances in his direction in the Chiefs' locker room after the game.

Even if the int stood the Pats had all 3 timeouts and it would have been very possible that they could have gotten the ball back with 40 seconds on the clock.

Atlantafan21 likes this

1 minute ago, NCFalconfan said:

RTP has to made a reviewable penalty next season. Refs **** up on that call too many times. Huge penalty. 

Yeah, I was thinking about a ref challenge flag but, it would be very difficult to implement. The only way I can think that it wouldn't be abused is if you don't get the flag back once you've challenged. That way the flag would only be used in non-calls/calls that would decide the outcome of the game. 

3 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

It's already been influenced way too heavily in the QBs favor(ironically enough, not for Matt Ryan though). There was a play earlier in the year where Chris Jones backed off a would-be sack on Brady because he didn't wanna get penalized. Brady then ran into the end zone. 

NCFalconfan likes this

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Even if the int stood the Pats had all 3 timeouts and it would have been very possible that they could have gotten the ball back with 40 seconds on the clock.

Was about to say the same thing. The play wouldn't have ended the game, but it would have definitely helped the Chiefs a lot. 

Their defense is built to attack after they get a lead. They suck in shootouts. The pats dominated the TOP. Here's barnwell on why it might feel familiar to us:

The reality is that the Chiefs were gassed. With the Patriots dominating time of possession in the first half and holding the ball in overtime, they finished the game with 94 offensive plays to Kansas City's 47. As Chase Stuart pointed out on Twitter, this is reminiscent of the comeback victory over the Falcons in the Super Bowl, when the Patriots ran 93 plays to Atlanta's 47. As I noted at the time, the Falcons' pass rush was useful for most of the game before simply falling apart late in the contest. Here, while the Chiefs didn't do much with their rush for most of the game, they offered even less on the final few drives.

Francis York Morgan likes this

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

Their defense is built to attack after they get a lead. They suck in shootouts. The pats dominated the TOP. Here's barnwell on why it might feel familiar to us:

The reality is that the Chiefs were gassed. With the Patriots dominating time of possession in the first half and holding the ball in overtime, they finished the game with 94 offensive plays to Kansas City's 47. As Chase Stuart pointed out on Twitter, this is reminiscent of the comeback victory over the Falcons in the Super Bowl, when the Patriots ran 93 plays to Atlanta's 47. As I noted at the time, the Falcons' pass rush was useful for most of the game before simply falling apart late in the contest. Here, while the Chiefs didn't do much with their rush for most of the game, they offered even less on the final few drives.

yuck...sounds eerily familiar.  so why no defensive time outs?    chiefs game plan, and lack of running game cost them the TOP and therefore the game...

oh yeah, and being offsides on a potential game clinching int is definitely something falcons would do

Jesus and Francis York Morgan like this

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

Even Romo called out during Overtime Reid should call a timeout to give his defense a breather....

The Walrus doesn't understand needing to rest because he is such a finely tuned athlete himself.

Dirtybird56 and Jesus like this

12 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

Yeah, I was thinking about a ref challenge flag but, it would be very difficult to implement. The only way I can think that it wouldn't be abused is if you don't get the flag back once you've challenged. That way the flag would only be used in non-calls/calls that would decide the outcome of the game. 

The CFL reviews plays like this as well as PI. They are treated the same way as normal challenges and it works quite well. 

The O.D.B likes this

Dee Ford costed them the game.  Of all the times to line up offsides, he does it on a 3rd and 10 with the game on the line.

10 hours ago, Falcon Freddie said:

One cannot blame him for that bad mishap.

Blame their worst secondary who did not do ****!

And dummy Andy Reid ...for mismanaging clock and being too conservative with Patrick Mahomes in 1st half.

You just cant keep guy like Patrick on leech....u have to unleash the beast.

They did not figure out a way to get Kelce involved in pass blocking or even in P.A 

20 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

I believe it will happen or atleast,  teams should be allowed to challenge it.

jay1k2 likes this

29 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

This is what I’ve sort of been thinking too. ONE challenge flag to use on a penalty (or a non-call). You’d have to be very strategic in using it. God knows there have been plenty of times I’ve wanted the Falcons to have that option.

Flip side argument: it’s already so controversial when a penalty is called or missed, I wonder if this wouldn’t just create more outcry in the end.

30 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Was about to say the same thing. The play wouldn't have ended the game, but it would have definitely helped the Chiefs a lot. 

And I'm surprised this hasn't been discussed more because I thought it was game changing.. I watched NFLN all morning and I didn't hear one word.

31 minutes ago, Jesus said:

This is a mirror of SB 51

This is why I am not a fan of small players like Dee Ford and Vic Beasley. They have to rely on their speed to get anyone going and are frequently shutout in big games and caught with stupid off sides penalties.

30 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

This is what I’ve sort of been thinking too. ONE challenge flag to use on a penalty (or a non-call). You’d have to be very strategic in using it. God knows there have been plenty of times I’ve wanted the Falcons to have that option.

Flip side argument: it’s already so controversial when a penalty is called or missed, I wonder if this wouldn’t just create more outcry in the end.

I think with limitations, it would be a good thing. 1 flag, non-refundable, only usable in the 4th quarter. I'm sure there would be games still decided by poor officiating but, this would drop the number much lower. I think with all the focus on this in the lat 5-8 years the NFL would want that number as low as possible.