Thoughts on the Conference Championships

I know everyone on this board wants to kill the Falcon's coaching, but if the two championship game showed anything there is bad coaching everywhere.

Rams - Probably shouldn't have won. Their DBs are coached terribly from not turning around for the ball and blowing coverages. Goff made some bad throws and did not have good pocket presence at times. 

Chiefs - A defender lines up in an offside position. DBs and their coaching staff constantly do not recognize plays that Romo calls from the booth. Andy Reid does not understand clock management leaving too much time for Brady and doesn't call timeout to slow down the Patriots.

56 minutes ago, FalconsAirMiles said:

I know everyone on this board wants to kill the Falcon's coaching, but if the two championship game showed anything there is bad coaching everywhere.

Rams - Probably shouldn't have won. Their DBs are coached terribly from not turning around for the ball and blowing coverages. Goff made some bad throws and did not have good pocket presence at times. 

Chiefs - A defender lines up in an offside position. DBs and their coaching staff constantly do not recognize plays that Romo calls from the booth. Andy Reid does not understand clock management leaving too much time for Brady and doesn't call timeout to slow down the Patriots.

Romo also has the advantage of seeing the formation and then telling us what the play is.  Defensive coord... not so much

I actually loved the tactics Wade Phillips employed and how he took away Kamara in the second half lined his DE/DT in Suh out wide and he was clipping Kamara everytime off of the LoS that upset the timing of those gimme routes he was getting in the first half.

Also liked how the Patriots DBs pretty much did what we did to them in the SB and manned up and played bump n run coverage,no free releases.It got the job done.

Dont understand why Andy Reid/Eric Bieniemy never setup shorter quick hitting routes and then used no huddle once they got momentum.Thought Mahomes had a chance if he was allowed to be kept in rhythm.I expected better adjustments from a coach with Reid’s experience.

2 hours ago, theDIRTYcode said:

I think the Chiefs had them in 3rd and long on 3 different occasions. That's more than a coin toss. Brady is without question the greatest to ever play the game....and I hate that ****er.

Well, I think he is the most fortunate. With the Tuck rule, Seattle throwing pic at the goaline instead of running it in, and us not running the ball and kicking the field goal Brady could very easily have only 2 SB wins instead of 5.

There's not really good coaching or bad coaching, just coaching. Coaches can make decisions on the sidelines but sometimes things happen on the field out of your control that either make you look like a genius or a fool.

The Chiefs inability to slow the short passing game if the Pats is much more ****ing than  anything else they did. There is no doubt the coach prepared them for this, but they were just not able to stop it.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:08 PM, mattyicefalcon said:

I knew Brady was gonna win when they won overtime toss ..HEADS! 

I knew he was going to win when they throat punched the Chargers. When the Patriots won the coin toss against the Chiefs, I started shaking and broke out in a cold sweat. I thought back to when they won the toss against us

5 hours ago, FalconinPA said:

I knew he was going to win when they throat punched the Chargers. When the Patriots won the coin toss against the Chiefs, I started shaking and broke out in a cold sweat. I thought back to when they won the toss against us

They look more deadlier than their Superbowl 51 run....

As much as I hate to say this, Donald & Suh better make his life miserable for 60mins ...or hes just gonna stand in the pocket tall and rip their hearts out!! & may smash by them 3rd quarter.

I mean are you seeing how many #- of plays and points they have scored in first half alone this postseason vs one of best defenses in the league.

They OWN the clock and chip away with FIRST DOWNS ....BALL CONTROL CLOSE TO 40MINS!

I have NEVER seen any offensive team surgically dismantle and crush teams consistently on big stage.

Pats favored in my opinion. Just dont see Goff & Mcvay beating legends.

Mcvays time management is something he has to get it right...or else, hes gonna find Goff on sidelines most times....They need BOTH GURLEY AND ANDERSON to chew clock and wear their defense down even it may result in net 3 pts on long drives.