Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gold4425

This Is Why I Can't Forget What Shanny

37 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Really?

You forgetting the 25+ points the D gave up?

You forgetting the two different two point conversions the defense gave up?

You forgetting Quinn was calling the defense?

ONE play.  That’s all the defense had to make.  One **** play.

You can only give up a 25 point lead when your offense doesnt score a single point since the opening drive of the 2nd half. Defense gift wrapped 14 of the 28 points we scored. Debo forced fumble...7....Rocky pick 6......7. You telling me the number 1 offense could only manage 14 points on their own? Couldn’t even manage a few first downs down the stretch?

It doesn’t matter what the defense did. If the other team has enough time to score that many points in a quarter and some change that means your offense is getting the ball and punting it back in darn near less than 60 seconds each time. Didn’t run off a lick of clock. No defense had ever shut Brady out like that for as long as we did, he was bound to get off eventually. Shanahan blew it, period

7 hours ago, Jesus said:

When can we stop reliving this?

Lol, the Pats are about to play a Super Bowl in Atlanta. This is their THIRD straight since 28-3. Until Tom Brady and Bill Belichick retire, we will keep reliving this.

TheFalcoholic and MarkMc44 like this

If you want to stay aggressive, stay true to yourself, I get it, but take advantage of the situation. They would expect us to run the ball, so throw off of play action or from a "13" set. We had a lot of success with 3 tight end sets that year.

GO FALCONS!!!

2 hours ago, cwell1 said:

You can only give up a 25 point lead when your offense doesnt score a single point since the opening drive of the 2nd half. Defense gift wrapped 14 of the 28 points we scored. Debo forced fumble...7....Rocky pick 6......7. You telling me the number 1 offense could only manage 14 points on their own? Couldn’t even manage a few first downs down the stretch?

It doesn’t matter what the defense did. If the other team has enough time to score that many points in a quarter and some change that means your offense is getting the ball and punting it back in darn near less than 60 seconds each time. Didn’t run off a lick of clock. No defense had ever shut Brady out like that for as long as we did, he was bound to get off eventually. Shanahan blew it, period

Yep.

People still giving the defense a pass. They are equally to blame.

The Falcon Excuse board.  ‘It’s not their fault, they were tired’

Face it. ‘28-3‘ Quinn blew the game just as much as Shanny. He was calling the defense.

Oh and BTW they didn’t score on the opening drive.

But after the Falcons did score the Pats never punted and scored every time they touched the ball.  Every single time.

But hey that’s par for the course when you have a defensive coach calling the plays, right? Dan ‘28-3’ Quinn.

10 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Shanny is suffering in SF now...not so much a genius, never was. 

You have to love.  He looks like he is in heII most times you see him

WhenFalconsWin likes this

3 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Lol, the Pats are about to play a Super Bowl in Atlanta. This is their THIRD straight since 28-3. Until Tom Brady and Bill Belichick retire, we will keep reliving this.

Even that won’t matter. Until we WIN one, we will keep reliving this.

But today, I’ll take solace in the fact that we don’t have to watch our arch nemesis compete for their second one in our house. Thank the football gods on whom I’d all but given up for that one. 

TheFalcoholic likes this

11 hours ago, ssj5gal said:

Our D was trash that year. Offence carried us. All we had to do was run. The ball

To put it another way, which is easier: stopping another team's offense, or telling your own to run the ball? 

12 hours ago, Gold4425 said:

We had them! Shanny got cute, tried to show out and blew it. Shanny said "I called it like I always call it." Excuse me Shanny didn't you consider this was not just another game MAN this was the SUPER BOWL! Did you consider you were playing against Hall of Famer's??? Noooo you had to try and be cute at the wrong time. As brilliant as Shanny is he snatched the Super Bowl away from

AB the F O and State. I just had to get that off my chest! I'm done!

The fault rests on the Head Coach's shoulders.  Dan Quinn lost that game.  

Kyle and Dan both lost the SB. Patriots were dominating our D even before the score showed it. We simply didn't play to the clock and when we had a chance to salvage the situation and go up 2 scores? Kyle -"I blew it"