Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gold4425

This Is Why I Can't Forget What Shanny

37 posts in this topic

We had them! Shanny got cute, tried to show out and blew it. Shanny said "I called it like I always call it." Excuse me Shanny didn't you consider this was not just another game MAN this was the SUPER BOWL! Did you consider you were playing against Hall of Famer's??? Noooo you had to try and be cute at the wrong time. As brilliant as Shanny is he snatched the Super Bowl away from

AB the F O and State. I just had to get that off my chest! I'm done!

3 minutes ago, Gold4425 said:

We had them! Shanny got cute, tried to show out and blew it. Shanny said "I called it like I always call it." Excuse me Shanny didn't you consider this was not just another game MAN this was the SUPER BOWL! Did you consider you were playing against Hall of Famer's??? Noooo you had to try and be cute at the wrong time. As brilliant as Shanny is he snatched the Super Bowl away from

Really?

You forgetting the 25+ points the D gave up?

You forgetting the two different two point conversions the defense gave up?

You forgetting Quinn was calling the defense?

ONE play.  That’s all the defense had to make.  One **** play.

2 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Really?

Our D was trash that year. Offence carried us. All we had to do was run. The ball

6 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Really?

Yeah but there’s a few things wrong with that. The defense can’t do much if the offense is going 3 and out. And all Shanny had to do was run more than 4 times in the second half. Especially down the stretch

egoprime II, Vandy and papachaz like this

Just now, ssj5gal said:

Our D was trash that year. Offence carried us. All we had to do was run. The ball

And hope Freeman doesn’t fumble...which he does.... and there isn’t a holding call.

Run play wouldn’t have been a slam dunk either.

Why does the D and “28-3” Quinn get a pass?  That loss is as much on them as anyone else.

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Yeah but there’s a few things wrong with that. The defense can’t do much if the offense is going 3 and out. And all Shanny had to do was run more than 4 times in the second half. Especially down the stretch

D is just as much to blame.

25+ points.  2 2 point conversions.

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

D is just as much to blame.

25+ points.  

How much do you expect from a defense that can’t get any rest due to the offense repeatedly going 3 and out

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

How much do you expect from a defense that can’t get any rest due to the offense repeatedly going 3 and out

True but at the same time they couldn’t get any rest because they couldn’t get off the field.  

Falcons had 3 drives where they didn’t go 3-out in the 2nd half. 

1 they fumbled and 1 they scored.

After that scoring drive for the Falcons the Pats scored every time they touched the ball and never punted.

Jake Matthews gotta ghost holding penalty and Devonta Freeman decided to not do his job. The Pats will forever be coin flip OT champions in SB51. First OT in super bowl history and folks forget.

This game has 51 on my mind too. 

Couple things. 

If Freeman makes the block on Hightower, heck just slows him down for a split second, Ryan was about to unload a deep bomb to Aldrick Robinson who was about to be wide open. Ball game  

Alford should have picked Brady for a second time when he knocked the ball up on the Edelman foot “catch”. Ball game. 

There is an argument to be made that Edelman did not catch that ball. The ball moved upon contact with the ground. Hands were on the ball but ball was pushing against ground and helmet with hands simply on ball. Not possessing ball. 

Jake Mathews held. Killer. 

Kyle Shanahan decides to throw the ball within field goal range. Julio had just made a miracle catch. Was over confident. Cost us a SB. Idiot.

Dan Quinn did not take control of the situation with Kyle’s playcalling. Cost us a SB. 

Devondre Campbell’s “pass interference” was BS in overtime. 

Bottom line, we had so many opportunities to beat the greatest dynasty in NFL history for our first championship, and we didn’t take them. We gave them away. 

I have always felt like we were the better team that day, despise the “choke”, despite the outcome. We were the more talented football team who played better the majority of the game.

i have always made excuses for them such as, “the defense got tired. We couldn’t stop them because we scored so fast and defense never got a breather.”

but that’s BS. the offense barely moved the ball in the second half. That’s what left the defense on the field. And finally, none of it would have mattered if they had executed on any number of the plays they blew. think Freeman’s whiff pisses me off the most. 

Lots of thoughts on the NFL and 51 tonight. 

Ergo Proxy, Vandy, Absolute and 2 others like this

27 minutes ago, Gold4425 said:

Shanny is suffering in SF now...not so much a genius, never was. 

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I dunno know friend...JG might just take Shanny to the promised land.

You know...Jeff George.   :slick:

Osiruz likes this

30 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Really?

That tip by Alford should have sealed it but Edelman is King of the replays

5 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

SF is on schedule.  They will challenge for the division next year

52 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Really?

Should've ran more, the Pats were playing against the clock at that point and Shannyd the bed allover his stupid ace face.