Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
g-dawg

RBU Super Bowl 53 - Gurley vs Sony

64 posts in this topic

Needs to be a recruiting advertisement.   Has that ever happened in a SB?  Two star RBs from same university?

Go DAWGS!!!

The next 2 weeks before the super bowl will be nothing but a a ton of talk and free recruiting press when discussing running backs and how both are Dawgs!!

Come on 2020 backs and jump on board. 

g-dawg likes this

8 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

The next 2 weeks before the super bowl will be nothing but a a ton of talk and free recruiting press when discussing running backs and how both are Dawgs!!

Come on 2020 backs and jump on board. 

Yeah UGA football PR gonna exploit the **** outta this!!!

Both 1st round picks.  Gurley signed richest deal in NFL History for an RB.   Sony upcoming star.

Come on down Kendall Milton!

Come on down Zach Evans

Be like Gurley/Marshall and Chubb/Michel.  Dominate and stay fresh for NFL while still being high draft pick.

RBU baby!

95Dawg likes this

They even mentioned it on the telecast how Sony was a backup behind Gurley at Georgia before becoming a star player himself. Made me smile. I hope the Rams win but I will be happy for Sony if the Pats get another one. 

But man it would be nice to see Gurley get it after the way his last season at UGA went. All DGDs but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want it for Gurley a little bit more!

And then there’s this

Georgia Football

Sony Michel has 5 Rush TD this postseason, most by any rookie in a single postseason in NFL history. The last player with 5 Rush TD in a single postseason was Terrell Davis in 1997.

for those too young Terrell played at UGA too

UGA=RBU 

Yeah I know. Saw him in the sideline bike.  That’s what makes him so humble. Here he has an actual excuse of a hammy I believe but he refused to use that as an out. 

Man I hope he gets the ring. 

If I am kirby and the athletic department i am putting up billboards in the state of georgia about the 4 dawgs in the super bowl..  also for uga being rbu!!!  that stuff matters in recruiting.. you gotta to sell it. 

3 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

If I am kirby and the athletic department i am putting up billboards in the state of georgia about the 4 dawgs in the super bowl..  also for uga being rbu!!!  that stuff matters in recruiting.. you gotta to sell it. 

I might put those billboards in Milton’s hometown in Cali and Evans hometown in Texas. ;)

m2Falcons likes this

More fuel for the recruiting fire. Georgia and LSU are tied for the lead in consecutive years with a player appearing on a Super Bowl roster at 18 years. 

Link

4 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

GA and Rutgers lead way in # of players in Super Bowl.

GA should've been 1 but poor MM couldn't stay healthy and was dumped by the Pats

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/super-bowl-2019-rosters-listed-by-college-teams-conferences-georgia-rutgers-sec-lead-the-way/

you are also forgetting isaiah wynn who tore his achilles in the preseason.. he will get a super bowl ring as well.  so we actually have 5 NFL guys on rosters with one injured.   

9 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

you are also forgetting isaiah wynn who tore his achilles in the preseason.. he will get a super bowl ring as well.  so we actually have 5 NFL guys on rosters with one injured.   

Yeah

I think they were just going by the players and not injured.  Dang shame for Wynn too.  You just knew he'd fit right in as starter and I believe that he was doing very well before the injury.

Hope he makes comes back just as good post-injury

Have we discussed how Gurley has been outrushed in the playoffs by a street free agent on his team? 

29 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

Have we discussed how Gurley has been outrushed in the playoffs by a street free agent on his team? 

Do we need to? 3rd most rushing yards on the season, most TDs. He’s obviously a little banged up and CJ Anderson is pretty much fresh. Hopefully Gurley can get rested up over these next 2 weeks and take that Super Bowl MVP trophy.

Yeah from what I heard he's been dealing with a hammy issue but wouldn't use it as an excuse in any interview.