Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wartownfalcon

Video of teen verbally confronting Vet

230 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, WalkingTheDawg said:

Good luck spinning the fact that it's not actually a Covington student? Try again. The effort to steer the narrative has been successful, though. Congrats, I guess?

Same age, in the same group in DC, wearing clothes for the regional team, but definitely not with them. Nope. Glad we have detective brainworms on the case.

Don't Doubt What You Saw With Your Own Eyes

One lesson of the past two days is that you will see what you want to see here, if you are determined to do so; that does not mean that there is anything to be seen but what is there. I see a frothing mass of MAGA youth—who, since we’re taking in all angles here, go to a school where students fairly recently wore blackface to a basketball game—frenzied and yelling and out of control. I see four black men who seem to belong to the Black Israelites—a threat to women in their orbit, but not to random white people they’re heckling—yelling insults at the students. Then I see Phillips, as he has stated from the beginning that he did, walk up to the teens, in what seems to be an attempt to diffuse the situation. I see them laughing and dancing, red MAGA hats bobbing up and down in glee. I see them yell in Phillips’ face, and I see that he doesn’t falter. I see the smugness of a group secure in its relative power over someone more vulnerable than they are. Nothing about the video showing the offensive language of Black Israelites changes how upsetting it was to see the Covington students, and Sandmann in particular, stare at Phillips with such contempt. I don’t see how you could watch this and think otherwise unless you’re willing to gaslight yourself, and others, in the service of granting undeserved sympathy to the privileged. Many were more than happy to do just that....

It’s never good for the likes of Robby Soave or Bari Weiss or the cool priest or The Atlantic or CNN to be too vociferously on the same side as people on the left angrily yelling about how a bad thing is bad, not only because it’s not the done thing but because their brands rely on finding middle ground and pushing back against anyone who seems to care too much about something they don’t. (Somehow, of course, this always seems to land them on the side of the powerful and the privileged.) They need to be seen as reasonable and responsible and responsive, different from the frenzied masses. If that means siding with some ****head MAGA teens and saying that 2 + 2 = 5 in the face of every bit of evidence there is to be had, so be it.

Just Let Me Float Out Into the Sea

Guthrie likely won’t ask, “You and your friends were wearing MAGA hats, a universal symbol of white supremacy, isn’t that kind of an issue?” If you’re Guthrie, a Mainstream Journalist, you are not allowed to treat the MAGA hat for what it really is. She likely won’t ask, “You were this huge crowd of boys, high on your own testosterone, filled with obvious hate, who surrounded an elderly Native American veteran and taunted him with racist gestures, why in the world should anyone be sympathetic towards you?” White teenage boys always get sympathy in America. She likely won’t ask, “Why shouldn’t we believe what we all saw with our own eyes?” The official position now is that what we saw with our own eyes was wrong.

Will anyone on the opposite side of this story—Nathan Phillips, for instance—be interviewed? I guess we’ll find out. But Nick Sandmann’s journey of lucrative victimhood is now well on its way. He will be a star at every Republican gathering for the next five years. He’ll probably meet the president. He’s set for life. Another great American story.

Edited by Gaear Grimsrud

Has the blackface (it's their whole body, but has the white outlines on the face) photo been confirmed as being Covington?   I saw it floating around but didn't know if some knucklehead found it from a different school and tried to pass it off.

9 hours ago, Jpowers said:

Dude you're willing to pin the entire left down to what some idiots in Portland do...... But this is where you take a stand on the right?  The detail you are willing to dive into here while also *****ing about the left in reference to idiots in Portland..... 

I wonder if they shared the same outrage at Kavanaugh and Moore accusers getting doxxed and receiving death threats?

10 hours ago, Jpowers said:

Dude you're willing to pin the entire left down to what some idiots in Portland do...... But this is where you take a stand on the right?  The detail you are willing to dive into here while also *****ing about the left in reference to idiots in Portland..... 

He posted a link to a story that has already proven to be false. The kid in the video isn't from Covington and that has been known since about 20 minutes after it surfaced but "journalists" keep putting it out there anyway. I'm not sure what Portland has to do with the media completely fabricating a story and the lemmings on the left going out of there way to detroy the lives of some kids that aren't ok with murdering babies. Everyone seems to be ok with calling in death threats to kids as long as those kids are pro-life. The immoral mob is so desperate to give off the appearance of morality and righteousness that they'll do anything, up to and including death threats on kids, to achieve their goal. And no one seems to have the stones or morality to simply disavow the actions. Instead, they double down on the vitriol. 

3 hours ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Same age, in the same group in DC, wearing clothes for the regional team, but definitely not with them. Nope. Glad we have detective brainworms on the case.

Well, despite your circumstantial certainty, you posted a link to a lie. A lot of people would appreciate learning the actual facts but, seeing as how you're continuing to run from reality, I'm guessing you're not one of those people. But, yea, I'm an ******* for not being a gullible cuck that ignores any fact that doesn't fit a flawed narrative.

14 minutes ago, WalkingTheDawg said:

Well, despite your circumstantial certainty, you posted a link to a lie. A lot of people would appreciate learning the actual facts but, seeing as how you're continuing to run from reality, I'm guessing you're not one of those people. But, yea, I'm an ******* for not being a gullible cuck that ignores any fact that doesn't fit a flawed narrative.

You can just admit that you're a moron. We can't think any less of you.

12 hours ago, Jpowers said:

It's funny, the "group of Black Muslims" (as coined by the kid's mother) who got into a shouting match with these teens, were actually Black Hebrew Israelites. They are far from being lefties. lol

But that's how simple-minded Conservatives are everything that isn't White, conservative or Republican is automatically branded as of the Left.

4 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

Has the blackface (it's their whole body, but has the white outlines on the face) photo been confirmed as being Covington?   I saw it floating around but didn't know if some knucklehead found it from a different school and tried to pass it off.

I believe snopes says it is legit was taken in 2012 or 2015.  They have painted themselves all black as that is school colors for quite some time, and that section always taunts the opposing team.  The picture and description would lead you to believe that there is something more sinister going on and that they did this specifically to a black player from the opposing team.

4 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

I wonder if they shared the same outrage at Kavanaugh and Moore accusers getting doxxed and receiving death threats?

I do.  The whole doxxing thing is BS.  If anything, I'd like doxxing to become a tort act/interference with anyone dessiminating the info to be liable.  I know it'd be **** near impossible to enforce, but still.

Gritzblitz 2.0 likes this

10 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

I know others may angrily disagree with this but I don't see it as blackface. Piss poor judgment for how similar it is to blackface but blackface as a racial farce was not the intent. It's was for a basketball blackout. I've seen Texas Tech fans do this all the time for football. I myself my freshmen year put on blue paint like William freaking Wallace for our blueout game versus App state but honestly if I were instead at Kennesaw St, I can't promise it would have occurred to me how bad this looks at 18 years old in 2008, tho maybe it would have

Them harassing the player is also pretty common. Tho I'm definitely open the possibility that this is still bullying with racial undertones that's a larger societal issue not limited to the covington kids. Sports culture puts a value on crowd bullying for competitive advantage

Edit:

I also remember this one year when Georgia Southern was playing South Carolina St (a black school) in the FCS 2nd round, and they had a 280 pound Jared Lorenzon type QB and the crowd was pretty merciless about it  (like "fatazz QB clap clap clap clap clap) and I participated in that but the body shaming of that poor kid trying to play football makes me ashamed looking back on it

Gritzblitz 2.0 likes this

11 minutes ago, Doozer said:

How many Libs reacted to the video.

It's all about the hats.

So, what was your opinion of the Gillette commercial?

I just texted this picture to my mom to explain to her how common the joker style face paint is since Dark Knight.

181466562.0.jpg

I could see why people would think it's like minstrel black face, it's pretty similar

Lol, y'all still can't let it go. You were lied to by the fake news. A group of black men and a lying native harassed some pro-life kids. The media has completely ignored the fact that over a half million people showed up for the march for life. Instead, they tried to show the world that kids who oppose baby murdering are racist. They got caught in their lie and were called out in it. A normal person would just admit they were wrong and move on with their life but self righteous hypocrites aren't capable of that. Those students didn't seek any attention, the media forced it on them with lies and negative exposure. It's ok, though, just keep attacking some kids that did nothing wrong. It's a very good look. Lol, and y'all do know that your lying activist isn't really a Viet Nam vet, right? I wonder what the narrative would be if a bunch of white men were yelling racial slurs at some black kids. I'm sure it would be completely ok with everyone. How dare those little white devils oppose baby murdering!!!! Lol, you people are literal caricatures of your own flawed ideology :)

7 minutes ago, WalkingTheDawg said:

Lol, y'all still can't let it go. You were lied to by the fake news. A group of black men and a lying native harassed some pro-life kids. The media has completely ignored the fact that over a half million people showed up for the march for life. Instead, they tried to show the world that kids who oppose baby murdering are racist. They got caught in their lie and were called out in it. A normal person would just admit they were wrong and move on with their life but self righteous hypocrites aren't capable of that. Those students didn't seek any attention, the media forced it on them with lies and negative exposure. It's ok, though, just keep attacking some kids that did nothing wrong. It's a very good look. Lol, and y'all do know that your lying activist isn't really a Viet Nam vet, right? I wonder what the narrative would be if a bunch of white men were yelling racial slurs at some black kids. I'm sure it would be completely ok with everyone. How dare those little white devils oppose baby murdering!!!! Lol, you people are literal caricatures of your own flawed ideology :)

2 hours ago, AF89 said:

JayOzOne and lostone like this

16 hours ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

So, what was your opinion of the Gillette commercial?

I need walkingthedawg's take on this more than I need oxygen