Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wartownfalcon

Video of teen verbally confronting Vet

230 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

 

oh...not the one in MAGA hat you thought huh?

Those kids are dumb *****. Now go find somebody with some credibility defending them and making excuses for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Those kids are dumb *****. Now go find somebody with some credibility defending them and making excuses for them.

I didn’t seen the media talking about it, instead give false info about the Catholic kids there were approached by the Native veteran and causing an uproar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

I didn’t seen the media talking about it, instead give false info about the Catholic kids there were approached by the Native veteran and causing an uproar

Well ****. Here's CNN's most popular reporter basically defending those kids. I think it's a ******** argument but....... Can you match it? 

 

 

AF89 and ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty easy to google and watch the whole video. They were simply standing there minding there own business and the guy walked up right in the middle of them bearing his drum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to see how this thread turns out.

I wonder how many posters get the whole story, or will continue the "viral" narrative from Saturday.

FYI twitter is already going nuts over how messed up the initial reports on the incident was portrayed. Just go to your favorite "celebrity" and read the responding comments. 

Or just watch the WHOLE video and judge for yourself.

I want to see how this board justifies their outrage.

 

 

Edited by Doozer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most popular excuses include:

1)I don't need to know anything more. I don't need to watch the whole thing to know I'm right.

2)They're wearing MAGA hats! Those kids have to be evil! end of discussion!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Doozer said:

I want to see how this thread turns out.

I wonder how many posters get the whole story, or will continue the "viral" narrative from Saturday.

FYI twitter is already going nuts over how messed up the initial narrative on the incident was portrayed. Just go to your favorite "celebrity" and read the responding comments. 

Or just watch the WHOLE video and judge for yourself.

I want to see how this board justifies their outrage.

 

 

Funny what topics make you log into this account to comment on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Funny what topics make you log into this account to comment on. 

Well, in this case he is right. But it's not like the fake/scm hasn't messed up willfully/purposely a series of stories with a rush to judgement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, wartownfalcon said:

Pretty easy to google and watch the whole video. They were simply standing there minding there own business and the guy walked up right in the middle of them bearing his drum

They were standing in the path of the natives march, the natives tried to walk around them but the kids blocked them off, then you get the scenes we're familiar with, then after a few minutes when it was clear the kids were not going to move, clear a path, stop mocking them, or saying **** like it was good that the native's lands were stolen they gave up, left, and sought a different path around them.

So, no. The right's attempt to run interference for them has been lacking, at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Doozer said:

I want to see how this thread turns out.

I wonder how many posters get the whole story, or will continue the "viral" narrative from Saturday.

FYI twitter is already going nuts over how messed up the initial reports on the incident was portrayed. Just go to your favorite "celebrity" and read the responding comments. 

Or just watch the WHOLE video and judge for yourself.

I want to see how this board justifies their outrage.

 

 

Watched the whole video:

3 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

They were standing in the path of the natives march, the natives tried to walk around them but the kids blocked them off, then you get the scenes we're familiar with, then after a few minutes when it was clear the kids were not going to move, clear a path, stop mocking them, or saying **** like it was good that the native's lands were stolen they gave up, left, and sought a different path around them.

So, no. The right's attempt to run interference for them has been lacking, at best.

Did you watch the whole video?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I am providing this factual account of what happened on Friday afternoon at the Lincoln Memorial to correct misinformation and outright lies being spread about my family and me.

I am the student in the video who was confronted by the Native American protestor. I arrived at the Lincoln Memorial at 4:30 p.m. I was told to be there by 5:30 p.m., when our busses were due to leave Washington for the trip back to Kentucky. We had been attending the March for Life rally, and then had split up into small groups to do sightseeing.

When we arrived, we noticed four African American protestors who were also on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. I am not sure what they were protesting, and I did not interact with them. I did hear them direct derogatory insults at our school group.

The protestors said hateful things. They called us "racists," "bigots," "white crackers," "******s," and "incest kids." They also taunted an African American student from my school by telling him that we would "harvest his organs." I have no idea what that insult means, but it was startling to hear.

Because we were being loudly attacked and taunted in public, a student in our group asked one of our teacher chaperones for permission to begin our school spirit chants to counter the hateful things that were being shouted at our group. The chants are commonly used at sporting events. They are all positive in nature and sound like what you would hear at any high school. Our chaperone gave us permission to use our school chants. We would not have done that without obtaining permission from the adults in charge of our group.

At no time did I hear any student chant anything other than the school spirit chants. I did not witness or hear any students chant "build that wall" or anything hateful or racist at any time. Assertions to the contrary are simply false. Our chants were loud because we wanted to drown out the hateful comments that were being shouted at us by the protestors.

After a few minutes of chanting, the Native American protestors, who I hadn't previously noticed, approached our group. The Native American protestors had drums and were accompanied by at least one person with a camera.

The protestor everyone has seen in the video began playing his drum as he waded into the crowd, which parted for him. I did not see anyone try to block his path. He locked eyes with me and approached me, coming within inches of my face. He played his drum the entire time he was in my face.

I never interacted with this protestor. I did not speak to him. I did not make any hand gestures or other aggressive moves. To be honest, I was startled and confused as to why he had approached me. We had already been yelled at by another group of protestors, and when the second group approached I was worried that a situation was getting out of control where adults were attempting to provoke teenagers.

I believed that by remaining motionless and calm, I was helping to diffuse the situation. I realized everyone had cameras and that perhaps a group of adults was trying to provoke a group of teenagers into a larger conflict. I said a silent prayer that the situation would not get out of hand.

During the period of the drumming, a member of the protestor's entourage began yelling at a fellow student that we "stole our land" and that we should "go back to Europe." I heard one of my fellow students begin to respond. I motioned to my classmate and tried to get him to stop engaging with the protestor, as I was still in the mindset that we needed to calm down tensions.

I never felt like I was blocking the Native American protestor. He did not make any attempt to go around me. It was clear to me that he had singled me out for a confrontation, although I am not sure why.

The engagement ended when one of our teachers told me the busses had arrived and it was time to go. I obeyed my teacher and simply walked to the busses. At that moment, I thought I had diffused the situation by remaining calm, and I was thankful nothing physical had occurred."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

They were standing in the path of the natives march, the natives tried to walk around them but the kids blocked them off, then you get the scenes we're familiar with, then after a few minutes when it was clear the kids were not going to move, clear a path, stop mocking them, or saying **** like it was good that the native's lands were stolen they gave up, left, and sought a different path around them.

So, no. The right's attempt to run interference for them has been lacking, at best.

The incident occured on the STEPS. The March was on the road.

How exactly did the kids BLOCK them?

And how exactly is an ADULT beating a drum next to a Teenagers neck trying to get around him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Watched the whole video:

Are you talking about the edited "viral" video that caused the FAKE NEWs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Doozer said:

The incident occured on the STEPS. The March was on the road.

How exactly did the kids BLOCK them?

And how exactly is an ADULT beating a drum next to a Teenagers neck trying to get around him?

The march was designated to end at the Lincoln Memorial, dumb dumb.

51 minutes ago, Doozer said:

Are you talking about the edited "viral" video that caused the FAKE NEWs?

The one posted by Reason, since they thought it was a silver bullet to blame minorities instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mdrake34 said:

Glenn "I'm perfect and if you're not, **** you" Greenwald isn't a fan.

 

But he's right. The social media mobs are forming on both sides forming a narrative of what happened based on what they wish be the truth. 

I was a part of it as well. Given the history of ****goonery perpetrated by those in MAGA hats, I saw the images and made a conclusion. And now I honestly have no idea if that conclusion is correct because I wasn't there to see it for my self and there doesn't seem to be any source that doesn't have an agenda. 

So at this point, I have no idea what happened. With two conflicting stories, my experience has taught me the truth is somewhere in the middle. 

So I'm pretty much done with this. I'm sure "justice" will be meted out in one form or another, but to me this just looks like another situation where neither side can be trusted to provide all the facts. 

thofin21, mdrake34 and shc like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

But he's right. The social media mobs are forming on both sides forming a narrative of what happened based on what they wish be the truth. 

I was a part of it as well. Given the history of ****goonery perpetrated by those in MAGA hats, I saw the images and made a conclusion. And now I honestly have no idea if that conclusion is correct because I wasn't there to see it for my self and there doesn't seem to be any source that doesn't have an agenda. 

So at this point, I have no idea what happened. With two conflicting stories, my experience has taught me the truth is somewhere in the middle. 

So I'm pretty much done with this. I'm sure "justice" will be meted out in one form or another, but to me this just looks like another situation where neither side can be trusted to provide all the facts. 

Yeah I was too.  But I just can't get over that smug look on the kid's face. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

 I'm pretty much done with this. I'm sure "justice" will be meted out in one form or another, but to me this just looks like another situation where neither side can be trusted to provide all the facts. 

Only one side of the story makes sense.  A teenager standing there smiling, vs an Adult beating a drum against his face. A proven activist with a history of provoking conflict, vs a teenager on a catholic school sponsored trip.

Plus a video from BHI yelling racist and homophobic insults. Why isn't this the news causing outrage?

Anyone who has any experience with catholic schools know that many adhere to a strict archaic "kids are seen not heard" doctrine. It makes A LOT more sense that they had to ask PERMISSION to start a school chant, than to spontaneously yell random stuff at a crowd of marchers. (maybe laughing, snickering, and whispering...at most). 

Edited by Doozer
NCFalconfan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

But he's right. The social media mobs are forming on both sides forming a narrative of what happened based on what they wish be the truth. 

I was a part of it as well. Given the history of ****goonery perpetrated by those in MAGA hats, I saw the images and made a conclusion. And now I honestly have no idea if that conclusion is correct because I wasn't there to see it for my self and there doesn't seem to be any source that doesn't have an agenda. 

So at this point, I have no idea what happened. With two conflicting stories, my experience has taught me the truth is somewhere in the middle. 

So I'm pretty much done with this. I'm sure "justice" will be meted out in one form or another, but to me this just looks like another situation where neither side can be trusted to provide all the facts. 

Oh there is definitely alot more context to be added to the story. It's just business as usual to watch the usual chuds quickly take to the "no they weren't mocking the native American vet...it was in solidarity. ..yes!" despite that being an incredibly ****ing stupid slant for anyone that actually watched the video, while the quiet part is they pretty much think once the black cultists were revealed "whelp sorry, them Indians is fair game"

Gritzblitz 2.0 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0