gazoo

If Matty Ice had exact game Brees did, this place would be ready to lynch him

53 posts in this topic

I can’t help but recall Ryan playing close to perfect games in the playoffs, yet still being blamed exclusively for a loss.

Brees was flat out outplayed by Goff today when it mattered. Brees’ QBR was 60.1 and Goff’s was 75.1. When it was time to step up and make plays, Goff stepped up and not sure where Brees was.

I recall reading so much garbage here after a playoff loss where it was Ryan’s fault we lost, he can’t elevate the team, doesn’t step up in big games, being picked apart for missing an open receiver or throwing a pick.

Yet we see Brees blow the game today by missing an open receiver down field that would have changed the game. He’s lucky not to have been picked off on that terrible throw.  Brees also took two sacks instead of throwing it away, another nonsense criticism of Ryan, and let’s not forget that interception Brees threw.  Man, Ryan throws a pick in a playoff game, even though Brady throws pick 6s in Super Bowls, and Ryan is blamed exclusively for the loss. 

And don’t tell me about officiating. Matt Ryan has had to deal with all kinds of terrible officiating in playoff losses and wins. Roddy White was all but mugged in 2012 playoff game where we would have advanced to Super Bowl had he caught that.

I love Matt Ryan, but can’t we just just bask in the saints glorious defeat for tonight? But I’ll agree Brees sucked tonight :D

actually we can bask in Matt Ryan’s glory too. He’s Had 2 of the best NFC championships in NFL history. Brees and Rodgers do not come close as far as NFCCGs

Edited by Drew4719

I’ve never blamed Matt Ryan ever for any of our playoff games. Not sure why anyone who actually watched the games would. If he had a Top 5 D, he’d have multiple rings by now. Some people just don’t understand the team game aspect. 

Edited by NeonDeion

Just now, Vandy said:

No he’s not. He didn’t play well today, but he’s one of the best all-time.

Captain checkdown with upper tier oline his whole career.

If he played behind some of these olines he'd be treated like people treat Matt but we'll just have to disagree. 

Vandy, gazoo, falconsd56 and 2 others like this

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Brees is indeed a HOF. 100%

Imagine if we had a loyal offensive genius instead of Matt being used as a stepping stone for the OCs...

Or a truly elite defensive minded HC. Quinn needs to produce next year. Get that D to spot us on O instead of it being all Matt. Just like Manning. Matt isn't Peyton, but he's on a HOF trajectory.

This whole notion you have to be the best of all time or you aren't elite is just stupid.

Ryan could wind up being a top 10 QB in history. Imagine having that SB51 ring already. Some people would be on that page narrative given his lack of Defenses and/or consistent coaching staff.

Atlanta doesn't deserve Matt, but we sure need him. And some fans do appreciate.

The loudest tweeters and radio callers are the worst.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
gazoo, TNFalcon1, Vandy and 4 others like this

6 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Imagine if we had a loyal offensive genius instead of Matt being used as a stepping stone for the OCs...

Or a truly elite defensive minded HC. Quinn needs to produce.

Not sure what that rant has to do with what I said, my friend. But rant on!

We had an offensive genius, and Quinn blew it. So yes, I 100% Agree Quinn needs to produce. 

1 hour ago, Drew4719 said:

I love Matt Ryan, but can’t we just just bask in the saints glorious defeat for tonight? But I’ll agree Brees sucked tonight :D

actually we can bask in Matt Ryan’s glory too. He’s Had 2 of the best NFC championships in NFL history. Brees and Rodgers do not come close as far as NFCCGs

YES! THIS! THANKS!

g-dawg likes this

8 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Not sure what that rant has to do with what I said, my friend. But rant on!

We had an offensive genius, and Quinn blew it. So yes, I 100% Agree Quinn needs to produce. 

Sorry, I'm scatter brained. Edited after.:tiphat:

Vandy likes this

17 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Said it in the game thread.

Brees is overrated. 

Bress is a great QB who will end up in top3 or top 5 all time. He is  underrated compared to other QBs who get hyped every year. 

Ergo Proxy and Vandy like this

14 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Bress is a great QB who will end up in top3 or top 5 all time. He is  underrated compared to other QBs who get hyped every year. 

While I agree to some degree, He isn’t nearly as underrated as Matt Ryan. 

A big difference is Ryan is underrated by many of his own fans, and Brees is universally appreciated by his. 

Halcon-1, jay1k2, robertap and 1 other like this

Brees is probably a better all around QB than Matt. Not by much IMO, but I'll concede overall he has had a better career. Having said that Brees is questionabily top 3-5 all time IMO, so that is not throwing any shade on Matt whatsoever. In the 13,999,999,999 parallel universes where Matt has his SuperBowl ring no one questions if he is a HOF QB. 

gazoo likes this

26 minutes ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

Lol they had like 50 yards rushing the whole game and their defense??? Really???? Lol

Kamara was and still is the only reason why they make the playoffs and win games.  So yeah, I would want their O line and Kamara.  Their defense actually has a heart beat and can pass rush

For what it's worth, Ryan and Brees have almost exactly the same overall rating for playoff games.  Brees had a really good playoff rating the year the Saints won the Super Bowl, but it wasn't nearly good as Ryan's from two years ago.  Their career ratings for regular season games are pretty close, also.

gazoo likes this

Pretty sure no one would be talking about Ryan. TATF would be citing the blown PI call as absolute proof of an anti-Falcons conspiracy. 

16 hours ago, Vandy said:

Right? 

40 year old QB has a handful of not great plays after a Top ~5 all time career.

OVERRATED!

lol wut

20 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Kamara was and still is the only reason why they make the playoffs and win games.  So yeah, I would want their O line and Kamara.  Their defense actually has a heart beat and can pass rush

I like Kamara as a RB myself and their Oline was bad for years and it just now started getting good. Im just saying there are better teams to want to emulate.