atljbo

3 things the playoffs has shown me

45 posts in this topic

Dependability over talent.  Scheme over talent. Don’tarket pice for anyone outside of QB.  

Looking at you Freeman, Trufant, Alford, Matthews, Schraeder, Beasley etc

m2Falcons likes this

58 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

It’s shown me that NFL coaches couldn’t manage a clock if their lives depended on it

Its apparently an epidemic. Waiting to see if Andy Reid pulls his usual last two-minute schtick against Belichick. 

Falconsin2012 likes this

6 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Off topic but,

Didn't the Aints give up quite a few draft picks last year? Don't they have to resign key players THIS year?

lol

Yup...they are down a 1st,3rd and i think a 4th or 5th...but they are down 3 picks

BoomGoesTheDynamite likes this

45 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Didn’t Cowboys struggle w/o Elliott last year? Don’t recall if they had major line injuries too.

LOL at board thinking RBs don’t matter. Kamera and  Gurley are among top RBs in all of football, and their teams would not be in playoffs without them. And Michel soon will soon join them among the elite as well.

we missed freeman a lot more than TAFT admits. 

2 hours ago, HEIST said:

RBs are in a weird spot where I wouldn't pay em big money but you really really want a good RB. These receiving backs are nightmares for linebackers. James White and Kamara bro..

James Williams out of WSU is an intriguing late round RB with receiving ability....

Colts last year took Hines and let him do that roll for them...

Curious if teams look for these 5’11 200lbs slot WRs and see if they can teach them to pick up blitzes, etc (ala Montgomery)...then they really become a weapon...

Its why I’m fine rolling Neal down to LB in passing situations with Allen and Kazee at S

Edited by Matt_The Iceman_Ryan

3 hours ago, atljbo said:

1. The NFC is soooo wide open man ... No team was overly impressive... 

I feel like healthy we are in the mix but with a good offseason we can take a big step up.

2. Why pay a RB... I mean that ... Why ... Rather its rookie RBs or Vets like Adrain Peterson or Chris Anderson ... They may not be as good as the best back (evendors tho Anderson has been better then Gurley)... They are good wnough... Look at ito

3  them saints loss :rolleyes:

It showed me that none of these teams today had all that good of a defense, imho. The Chiefs had the worse and was still in it literally till the end. The others defenses were meh. 

Build the lines and upgrade the defense and we got this next season.

3 hours ago, atljbo said:

I agree .. The Oline is the Key... A good O-Line makes your whole O look better.

Coaching it sure helps aswell when you’ve had one of the best in the business coaching them for the last decade on that Oline.

A lot to be said for consistency in key spots.

Throw in the best strategist and coach in NFL history consistency at OC.

Best QB onfield coach in history argh Patriots are a bad example no one else has anything like they have.

raysnill1 likes this

6 hours ago, sdogg said:

Should have done that years ago. 

Tried it in 2012, missed with both picks, seems to have scared them off of that. Think 2 of the first 3 picks should be OL, other pick should be DL, 2 biggest FAs need to be DL and OL as well. Get those right, Falcons can roll next year.

sdogg and FalconinPA like this

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

Tried it in 2012, missed with both picks, seems to have scared them off of that. Think 2 of the first 3 picks should be OL, other pick should be DL, 2 biggest FAs need to be DL and OL as well. Get those right, Falcons can roll next year.

Totally agree!!

9 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Dependability over talent.  Scheme over talent. Don’tarket pice for anyone outside of QB.  

Looking at you Freeman, Trufant, Alford, Matthews, Schraeder, Beasley etc

Speaking of dependability....  >> Edelman is a stone cold killer!

Every time.

vitaman likes this

10 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Didn’t Cowboys struggle w/o Elliott last year? Don’t recall if they had major line injuries too

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers

10 hours ago, Vandy said:

LOL at board thinking RBs don’t matter. Kamera and  Gurley are among top RBs in all of football, and their teams would not be in playoffs without them. And Michel soon will soon join them among the elite as well.

we missed freeman a lot more than TAFT admits. 

Michel and gurley are both first rounders. Kamera a third rounder, Ingram a second rounder and yet rbs are dime a dozen and best found in 7th and UDFA and other pseudo 1990s/early 2000s bronco logic? 

I think that ship sailed with gurley and Zeke brilliant gong back the positin

Vandy likes this

All this talk about RBs.  What every team that lost this weekend needed was a defense that could get one more stop than they did.  While I missed most of both games due to an Xfinity outage, Saints and Chiefs were done in by defenses that could not get one more stop.  It was particularly painful to see the way the Chiefs fell to the Pats.  They beat the Chiefs D the way they beat ours in 2016...kept converting 3rd downs and making more athletic teams slow and weak by hitting them with an ungodly number of plays.  Same will happen to Rams. 

Vandy likes this

29 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Michel and gurley are both first rounders. Kamera a third rounder, Ingram a second rounder and yet rbs are dime a dozen and best found in 7th and UDFA and other pseudo 1990s/early 2000s bronco logic? 

I think that ship sailed with gurley and Zeke brilliant gong back the positin

Barkley is another to add to the list.  RBs were devalued for a bit in the NFL with all this RB by committee and platoon systems in place.  Those are for when you don't have a good RB, you have to use multiple RBs to fill that whole.  Pats do it well but S. Michel is there bellcow,  J. White is the 3rd down back and Rex is the RB2 who can spell both backs and be effective. 

D. Freeman's aren't a dime a dozen.  Certain guys are special.  Now the ZBS scheme can still produce with lesser guys but it takes an OL with some chemistry.

MSalmon likes this

16 minutes ago, Stryka said:

Barkley is another to add to the list.  RBs were devalued for a bit in the NFL with all this RB by committee and platoon systems in place.  Those are for when you don't have a good RB, you have to use multiple RBs to fill that whole.  Pats do it well but S. Michel is there bellcow,  J. White is the 3rd down back and Rex is the RB2 who can spell both backs and be effective. 

D. Freeman's aren't a dime a dozen.  Certain guys are special.  Now the ZBS scheme can still produce with lesser guys but it takes an OL with some chemistry.

Good post. It seems the rbbc has evolved to having at least one who can pound a bit. People forget how physical Michel is. Devontae could bounce back, but who knows and you’re right that zbs has to be on point for a guy like that

5 hours ago, falconidae said:

I agree

falconidae likes this