Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
matthew1025

Which was better?

Two events that suggest there is a (football) God...   32 members have voted

1. 1. Which made you happier...

• Rams hit 57 Yard FG
    • The Minneapolis Miracle

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 posts in this topic

Case for #1 = the hated Saints would have been playing in our house for their second Suberbowl.  We literally would never have heard the end of it.  It would have been THE definition of Atlanta sports misery.

Case for #2 = Falcons had just squandered what seemed (initially) to be an easy path back to the Superbowl.  Two backup QB's stood in our way... but we blew it on four straight goal line plays, including an inexplicable Julio Jones drop.  Then, the very next day... all was made right with the world.  The catharsis of that game-ending play made me instantly okay with the dissapointing season outcome.

Both were completely amazing.  Against all odds and against everything that the football gods have shown they will do to keep Atlanta sports fans in perpetual misery...

Edited by matthew1025
NeonDeion likes this

Definitely today. If the Saints had won a SB in our dome before we played a playoff there we'd never *ever* hear the end of it. 

Now they have 2 back to back playoffs chokes we can dog them for, also!!

1 hour ago, I give lengthy responses said:

This because it directly prevented them from making the Super Bowl in our stadium

:tiphat:end of thread!!!

3 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Minny miracle, easy. That was soul crushing to whiff on an open field tackle like that and have Diggs run it in. Que the Titanic music 

Agreed. This loss just pissed saints fans off. The Minny Miracle ripped their soul right out of them

A Dog Named Brian likes this

I think I like the no call better now that I think about it more, The saints have lived off of the Katrina REFS for well over a decade I'm glad the refs screwed them this time, they deserve it. Also Goff got totally face masked late in the game near the goal line and the refs didn't call it so Saints fans can suck it both teams had some major no calls

1 hour ago, I give lengthy responses said:

This because it directly prevented them from making the Super Bowl in our stadium

1 hour ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

The 57 yard field goal by far, because it happened in the Saints stadium, and kept them out of the Falcons locker room and training facility.

This.

The Minny Miracle was better in that the game was over. Over. And they found a way to blow it. Which was never the case tonight. 

HOWEVER, tonight kept them out of our house and thus wins out anyway in my heart.