Faithful Falcon

Terry Godwin

25 posts in this topic

I think Goodwin will be a far better pro than he was college player.  Chaney sucks Coordinating the passing game.  But we have no need or room for another good young receiver

Would love to see him work the slot for NE

Edited by Falconsin2012
Faithful Falcon likes this

10 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I think Goodwin will be a far better pro than he was college player.  Chaney sucks Coordinating the passing game.  But we have no need or room for another good young receiver

Would love to see him work the slot for NE

Justin Hardy is a FA so there's at least one spot. Godwin can return punts also so essentially he would just be replacing a body for a body.

4 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Rather have Mecole. Primarily as a returner. He could fix our sorry as return game.

Yeah, but with the type of speed that Mecole possesses, it will be hard to see him not picked in the 1st. 

29 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Yeah, but with the type of speed that Mecole possesses, it will be hard to see him not picked in the 1st. 

I thought Mecole was mid-round projection?  So much wasted talent on UGA’s roster

1 hour ago, Faithful Falcon said:

He'll be a mid rounder. He's not even ranked above Riley Ridley.

Flying Falcon likes this

I hope Mecole is there in the 4th where we can get it but I think he will do well at the Combine and may go in the 2nd or 3rd.

10 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

He'll be a mid rounder. He's not even ranked above Riley Ridley.

It will all depend on what he's does at the Combine. All 3 will be starting week 1.

9 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Not that the Falcons are hurting at the WR position but I'd love to have Riley Ridley. Ridley brothers unite!!

He would definitely be an option, especially if we can't somehow keep Sanu.

17 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

It will all depend on what he's does at the Combine. All 3 will be starting week 1.

As long as we get a decent returner I'm good. Preferably one that can handle both KR and PR. Won't matter if it's a WR, CB or RB. There should be an open slot on the roster for him.

Just a thought-- 

the Falcons could get about 3 good FAs

and about 3 "?ready to play?" Draftees  and maybe one UDFA

so around 6/7 players will be added**

I just think there are many more holes to fill-- than adding  another talented WR 

Jones, Sanu, Ridley, Gage,  re-signed Hall

HARDY????

** oh they will add several more but mostly in backup positions

Kick returner---a waste to get a specific player for that  job--- in today's environment--I'm guessing about 90% or more KOs are kicked out of the end zone---so in any given game there is maybe about 1 chance to return a kickoff

punt returner???--3 out of 4 punt returns are called back because of a penalty  ---- just fair catch all and you will wind up  with almost the same field position

16 hours ago, mqg96 said:

Senior Bowl going on? 

Shriners  plus some NFL players sponsered college bowl

Senior bowl next weekend  and I think one other still left to be played

10 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Not that the Falcons are hurting at the WR position but I'd love to have Riley Ridley. Ridley brothers unite!!

Wouldn’t that be fun? Gotta replace Hardy. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

1 hour ago, delaigle said:

Kick returner---a waste to get a specific player for that  job--- in today's environment--I'm guessing about 90% or more KOs are kicked out of the end zone---so in any given game there is maybe about 1 chance to return a kickoff

punt returner???--3 out of 4 punt returns are called back because of a penalty  ---- just fair catch all and you will wind up  with almost the same field position

That's a pretty conservative approach. I'd rather be more aggressive. We had 31 kick returns this year so it's more like two per game. Try to flip field position on one at least every other game. We had 147 punt returns which is more than nine per game. I agree we get a lot of penalties on PRs. We can cut those down. I think I remember when Smitty's squad cut a lot of those out. I prefer a returner that can handle both KR and PR. Those guys are rare because they require different skills. Andre Roberts is a free agent. Bring him back. He was first in PRs and 2nd in KRs this year. We were 19th at 7.0 YPPR and 17th at 22.2 in YPKR this year. Remember when Weems averaged 12.8 YPPR and 27.5 YPKR with 2 TD returns in 2010? He was also a beast on coverage teams, had some good runs and caught a few balls. He went to a Pro Bowl. We need a guy like that.

And don't be afraid to let a key player return kicks and punts. Antonio Brown, Tyreek Hill, Tarik Cohen and Julian Edelman all return. Why can't we let Calvin Ridley return? He looked pretty good on his returns. Don't be scared.

3 hours ago, Vandy said:

Wouldn’t that be fun? Gotta replace Hardy. 

Yep. Sure would be. Julio, Sanu, Ridley brothers, Hooper, Freeman!! Oh my!!! Talk about offensive weapons galore!!

BTW, I'm surprised no one got the Power Rangers reference there!! LOL!

I find it pretty bizarre how some of the Georgia fans here can overrate Georgia players. Here's the truth on Mecole: 1st round athlete, but as of today, he'd be drafted in the 4th or 5th round. It wasn't going to happen for him on defense, but if he had stayed at CB and developed well, he'd be a 1st/2nd round pick. 

The NFL does not draft receivers that are shorter than 6'0" in the first round or even the second most of the time. Even a guy like Marquise "Hollywood" Brown who killed it in the Big 12 where they're very pass happy, I'll be quite surprised if he goes higher than mid 2nd round, and would bet on the 3rd simply because he's not big.

I actually wouldn't mind taking Mecole after addressing the other issues higher in the draft. He's a guy that still needs more development as a receiver, JMO. You could draft him for his special teams work and continue working on his receiving ability during the weeks. I've actually said that if he fully gets there, he could be better than Riley Ridley at the NFL level, but right now, Riley is the better player and he's the guy that is going to show how underutilized the Georgia passing game was.

38 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

I find it pretty bizarre how some of the Georgia fans here can overrate Georgia players. Here's the truth on Mecole: 1st round athlete, but as of today, he'd be drafted in the 4th or 5th round. It wasn't going to happen for him on defense, but if he had stayed at CB and developed well, he'd be a 1st/2nd round pick. 

The NFL does not draft receivers that are shorter than 6'0" in the first round or even the second most of the time. Even a guy like Marquise "Hollywood" Brown who killed it in the Big 12 where they're very pass happy, I'll be quite surprised if he goes higher than mid 2nd round, and would bet on the 3rd simply because he's not big.

I actually wouldn't mind taking Mecole after addressing the other issues higher in the draft. He's a guy that still needs more development as a receiver, JMO. You could draft him for his special teams work and continue working on his receiving ability during the weeks. I've actually said that if he fully gets there, he could be better than Riley Ridley at the NFL level, but right now, Riley is the better player and he's the guy that is going to show how underutilized the Georgia passing game was.

Say what you wanna say. Georgia players are never overrated. 

12 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Say what you wanna say. Georgia players are never overrated. 

Did you even read most of this post?

I'll leave this board again for a while if Mecole gets drafted higher than mid 3rd round. It'd go completely against what the NFL does draft wise. 

BTW: I'm a Georgia fan. I'm just AMAZED at how much some of the other Georgia fans here overrate their players with NFL future ability. Not all of them are big time next level players. 

We need Mecole or a Mecole type not just for Special Teams but also to have a quick twitch player.

A player that is almost guaranteed yards if played in man with a option route.

Even Teco wasn't that type because Teco's quick twitch was limited by his lack of balance. 

3 of the 4 final teams have that type of player