Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Francis York Morgan

Jeffrey Simmons in the 1st Round

25 posts in this topic

Jeffrey Simmons | 6'4 300 lbs | Mississippi State | Defensive Tackle

Decided to make a highlight video that showed off what a beast he is. All due respect to the others making highlight videos for him, but they're crappy. Tons of close ups and everything is going too fast. This should give you an idea of the absurd strength he has, the leverage he plays with, and how disruptive he is. Hate comparing players too much, especially since this guy is going to be a whole other animal of his own with Pro Bowls on his belt (imho), but if anything he's a lot like Fletcher Cox.

((sorry//not sorry for the music, I love LUM and the song is hilarious))

Feel free to watch him in full games on YouTube as well - had tons of other plays pushing the pocket like crazy or redirecting runs that I didn't include.

And before you say he isn't large enough to be good against the run...please watch. The push he gets on a consistent basis is phenomenal. Rarely rocked back, and usually only on double teams.

Anyways, yeah. One of many draft crushes. Here's hoping.

@MSalmon@Knight of God@ltstorm2@runshoot Pretty sure you were all unimpressed with him before, if not my bad for tagging.

MSalmon, Osiruz, gazoo and 11 others like this

Well. I said I wanted to see something more on film and you delivered. IMO I see a player making plays instead of waiting for plays coming to him (in the previous youtube).

100, or whatever the kids say these days.

41 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Decided to make a highlight video that showed off what a beast he is. All due respect to the others making highlight videos for him, but they're crappy. Tons of close ups and everything is going too fast. This should give you an idea of the absurd strength he has, the leverage he plays with, and how disruptive he is. Hate comparing players too much, especially since this guy is going to be a whole other animal of his own with Pro Bowls on his belt (imho), but if anything he's a lot like Fletcher Cox.

Feel free to watch him in full games on YouTube as well - had tons of other plays pushing the pocket like crazy or redirecting runs that I didn't include.

And before you say he isn't large enough to be good against the run...please watch. The push he gets on a consistent basis is phenomenal. Rarely rocked back, and usually only on double teams.

@MSalmon@Knight of God@ltstorm2@runshoot Pretty sure you were all unimpressed with him before, if not my bad for tagging.

I can dig it. Great video Yorkie, confirms a lot on what one of my sources is telling me. 

7 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

My current mock has:

1. Jeffrey Simmons, DT

2. Andre Dillard, OT

3. Darell Henderson, RB

4. Rock Ya-Sin, CB

so, naturally, I love it. And when I post the full mock I’ll use your video

what about OG? I think it will be wise to invest in an OT and OG in the draft

27 minutes ago, FalconBlood23 said:

what about OG? I think it will be wise to invest in an OT and OG in the draft

I'd want to sign Saffold or Foster in FA. And let the RG spot go to the winner of Fusco and Wes. Re-sign Ty as well.

Vandy likes this

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

True power player stout as **** at the point of attack.

Got to think if he’s there he’ll be real hard to pass up.

Simmons and Jarrett him it’s got a ring to it.

My crystal ball sees Tackle for a Loss.

That's the thing. Seen some people say he's too small, they've had enough "small" players...you kidding me?

Cole World and kiwifalcon like this

4 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Nah, I like him pretty good, I like this vid. He’s strong as an ox. I’d much rather Simmons than Ed Oliver any day

5 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Nah, I like him pretty good, I like this vid. He’s strong as an ox. I’d much rather Simmons than Ed Oliver any day

My b. Yeah I definitely confused you for other people in that thread about who we should pick at 14 I think

Simmons has been my guy since I started looking into this years draft. He’s on a lot of current Falcon mock drafts as well.

To beat Brady and Brees, you have to get a lot of interior pressure. 

Speak8mg of such,I hope Donald has a career day tomorrow.

This has been, and will continue to be the guy I want us to take. Hopefully he's there when we pick. If it weren't for his incident, he probably could have went top 10. I think a lot of teams will pass on him because of it, and I hope we take advantage of that. 

Francis York Morgan and Vandy like this

16 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

we cannot waste time on defensive tackles at the number one spot we have to get a defensive end.

9 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

My b. Yeah I definitely confused you for other people in that thread about who we should pick at 14 I think

No worries lol I like the video clips a lot. He’s a big and active dude 

im the one not clamoring fur Ed Oliver 

that said, didn’t Simmons have assault charges against a woman against him? I’m not sure the falcons will take a chance on that, although it was white College I believe

FalconsIn2012 likes this

1 hour ago, MSalmon said:

No worries lol I like the video clips a lot. He’s a big and active dude 

im the one not clamoring fur Ed Oliver 

that said, didn’t Simmons have assault charges against a woman against him? I’m not sure the falcons will take a chance on that, although it was white College I believe

He did - but I did digging and it was provoked/family related. Woman was attacking his sister and insulting his two dead nephews. No issues since then.

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

We need bigger guys along the DL, 320lbs plus

Lmao this has jack all to do with how good DL is, look at all the best DLs in the league. Literally any of them. If we get a big boy they'll be on the field maybe 20% of snaps.

Cole World likes this

20 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Didn’t catch that @MSalmon brought this up already

Good work.  As a player I love him.  As a human being, the jury is out. @osiruz just brought this to my attention.

But another element will factor into Simmons’ draft stock when the junior chooses to leave school – a 2016 viral video in which he’s shown repeatedly striking Sophia Taylor.

“It concerns you a lot,” said NFL.com writer and legendary NFL executive Gil Brandt, who ranks Simmons as his fourth overall inside defender in the 2019 draft class based purely on talent. “You have to find out what events took place and why it took place and so forth. When I’m evaluating players, I’ve got a hard time putting a premium on a player that’s had character problems, and to me that’s a character problem.”

Edited by Falconsin2012
Osiruz likes this

17 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

That's the thing. Seen some people say he's too small, they've had enough "small" players...you kidding me?

Yeah it’s the fight in the dawg not the size of it is how I look at it.

Funny how 300 is now small.

Alot round here don’t like Ed Oliver’s size either.

2 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Didn’t catch that @MSalmon brought this up already

Good work.  As a player I love him.  As a human being, the jury is out. @osiruz just brought this to my attention.

But another element will factor into Simmons’ draft stock when the junior chooses to leave school – a 2016 viral video in which he’s shown repeatedly striking Sophia Taylor.

“It concerns you a lot,” said NFL.com writer and legendary NFL executive Gil Brandt, who ranks Simmons as his fourth overall inside defender in the 2019 draft class based purely on talent. “You have to find out what events took place and why it took place and so forth. When I’m evaluating players, I’ve got a hard time putting a premium on a player that’s had character problems, and to me that’s a character problem.”

He might slip. But given his character since the incident I doubt he will too much. Ideally, it's enough to land with us.

Cole World and Vandy like this