Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MSalmon

Let’s talk about Greedy Williams

42 posts in this topic

I like him. Good, strong, and physical corner. He would make Trufant expendable in a year, maybe less. Between him and Oliver we would have a physical presence at CB which could allow our FS to roam and make plays. 

MSalmon likes this

Just now, Sidecar Falcon said:

I like him. Good, strong, and physical corner. He would make Trufant expendable in a year, maybe less. Between him and Oliver we would have a physical presence at CB which could allow our FS to roam and make plays. 

I like him too. You noticed how he’s turning his head towards the ball already? That’s a pro ready trait. He’s long...I agree he’d make the sting of letting Alford go easier and pave the way to move on from trufant if need be next year

Sidecar Falcon likes this

He's fantastic. He has incredible instincts and timing.

Watching that highlight video, I realized that Trufant would have dropped every single one of those interceptions he made. So you can add in that he has solid hands.

Pacific_Falcon and MSalmon like this

1 hour ago, MSalmon said:

I like him too. You noticed how he’s turning his head towards the ball already? That’s a pro ready trait. He’s long...I agree he’d make the sting of letting Alford go easier and pave the way to move on from trufant if need be next year

Honestly. I wouldn’t mind drafting him and trying to move Trufant that same season and let the young men learn under fire. Use the extra money, and potentially a pick, to make a splash in FA and the Draft to strengthen the DL/OL. 

1 minute ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Honestly. I wouldn’t mind drafting him and trying to move Trufant that same season and let the young men learn under fire. Use the extra money, and potentially a pick, to make a splash in FA and the Draft to strengthen the DL/OL. 

Interesting. I’m pretty sure we’d roll with trufant for a year. We certainly could save moving on from Alford.

hes got rare ball skills and length. Very loose hips and deceptive speed

@FalconFanSince1970 you’re a greedy fan, right?

Sidecar Falcon likes this

Just now, MSalmon said:

Interesting. I’m pretty sure we’d roll with trufant for a year. We certainly could save moving on from Alford.

hes got rare ball skills and length. Very loose hips and deceptive speed

@FalconFanSince1970 you’re a greedy fan, right?

Call me crazy but I think a combo of Oliver/Greedy would be better than Trufant/Alford. 

56 minutes ago, KCartledge85 said:

Probably going to be a great player. Falcons would have to do A LOT in FA for me to be comfortable with a CB round 1.

I get that thought logic but at 14 I could see them going a multitude of directions. CB is arguably a need btw with Alford due so much and even if Oliver is ready to start trufant is getting expensive. It’s a premimum position too so expensive to find in FA

DT which many are focused on is one which we’ve never really expended high picks on and DQ has never had a very high pick in all his years. I think shill was the highest pick. Plus lots of depth and were not bereft in the middle.

Edhe is a spot we could see as pick. But greedy at 14 would be bpa avd a need. That’s a TD and DQ pick

egoprime II likes this

3 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Call me crazy but I think a combo of Oliver/Greedy would be better than Trufant/Alford. 

I think so too long term. I’d love a line up of tru, Oliver and greedy for next year

Just now, MSalmon said:

I think so too long term. I’d love a line up of tru, Oliver and greedy for next year

I actually think Oliver/Greedy would be a considerable upgrade over the 2018 Trufant/Alford. I don’t think they could possibly be worse. 

MSalmon likes this

13 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

I can definitely see CB being in play in the first. Byron Murphy is my favorite CB prospect, but Greedy and Baker could be in play

I haven’t scouted Murphy as much. Baker is definitely tailor made for our zone and physical 

I've seen Greedy projected as the 4th pick to the 10th pick. More than likely it would have to be a trade up for him. Only person I would trade up for is Quinnen. 

As good as Greedy is, I think we have to take the top rated Oline or Dline guy. Cody Ford/Jonah Williams/Jawaan Taylor or Wilkins/ Simmons etc. What we do in the first round will dictate what we do rest of the draft. Actually what we do in FA will determine that. Lots of possibilities for the Falcons

IfTheBirdsCouldTalk likes this

The game they had against Miss State concerned me. I mean 70+ points. I know he's not the only one on the defense but sheesh we play Brees twice a year.. and he wasn't stopping anything to my knowledge. (Only saw game on TV)

32 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Over greedy? Why?

I personally love the physicality that Murphy plays with. Plus he has incredible instincts and explosiveness when he does diagnose the play.  Ball skills are on par with Greedy.