What are we good at?

ramonezy

I read far too many threads bagging our coaching staff and FO for a variety of reasons even though I can't remember a more dominant stretch in Falcons history. 

So simple question, what are we good at? What is it that you have confidence our team does well? 

My pick is I think we're great at drafting and developing defensive talent in the front 7...especially in mid rounds where scouting plays a huge role. 

Edited by ramonezy

55 minutes ago, ramonezy said:

I read far too many threads bagging our coaching staff and FO for a variety of reasons even though I can't remember a more dominant stretch in Falcons history. 

So simple question, what are we good at? What is it that you have confidence our team does well? 

My pick is I think we're great at drafting and developing defensive talent in the front 7...especially in mid rounds where scouting plays a huge role. 

Screw up golden opportunities!

Player development under Quinn has been the best I've ever seen as a fan of this team.  Matt Ryan also seems to have turned the corner from being a playoff caliber QB to an elite QB.  We obviously need to fix the offensive line this offseason and thereby fix the running game, but I feel we are a lot closer than some may think hence not firing Quinn.

12 minutes ago, coastiemike said:

We are good at passing.  We have an MVP QB and a top 3-4 WR Corp.  The middle of our D is top 10 (Grady, Debo, and Keanu).  Other than that, we are average to mediocre.

Yep. We are a top passing team when the OL us competent. 

Everything else is middlin. We’ve been a good passing team for awhile, so the obvious hope was you pair that with a top 5 defense courtesy of Quinn, and you have a contender. Obviously hasn’t worked that way. 

Im more a fan of leanin into your strengths. Would have preferred a bright mind offensive coach and a proven DC.