Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wartownfalcon

So basically we will draft.....

47 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, osiruz said:

I wouldn't mind if we traded up to get Oliver to be honest, I see him as a Calais Campbell type. He carries OL everywhere he goes and is a bad man. Here is a voch Lombardi video breakdown, he is basically a 3 down player and will be in the probowl soon.

Oliver reminds me of Strahan!

10 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Canuck advocated resting injured players and giving younger players some reps, not outright tanking.  Big difference

And that’s why the CFL sucks.they embrace the practice squad:)

jk @Falcanuck:)

Falconsin2012 likes this

12 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Tankers and Madden boys are showing up already.

BPA. Every pick. Even at QB. Dont fall in a need chasm.

If you like BPA, you should be excited about Oliver because that's what he'd be if we were picking even 5 spots higher.

11 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Canuck advocated resting injured players and giving younger players some reps, not outright tanking.  Big difference

And hoping for a loss. That's tanking no matter how you sugar coat it.

13 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

As I have already posted ,, I hope we get all our OL HELP IN Facy,,, and draft our a DE, DT,  in the first two rounds of the draft. And maybe draft an OL in the 3rd or 4th rounds...just to make sure we have our OL covered,, That's a must in order for Ryan to be the best he can be... Which if he's not ,, we have no chance for the play offs next season.... 

Yep, hit the trenches hard in free agency and draft. Then on the backend of the draft hit a CB, LBer, and S or RB. 

Draftnut57 likes this

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

And hoping for a loss. That's tanking no matter how you sugar coat it.

Tanking is intentionally trying to lose. Assessing young talent and resting stars with the understanding you don't have as good of a chance to win is smart coaching. We actually did this btw. 

aer2033 and Dutty Ole Bird like this

1 hour ago, E. T. said:

Yea for sure he's got some power to his game. If he masters the power slip dude can end up putting some nasty stats.

E. T. likes this

10 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

Tanking is intentionally trying to lose. Assessing young talent and resting stars with the understanding you don't have as good of a chance to win is smart coaching. We actually did this btw. 

We tried to win and won. That ain't tankin. Canuck and the TATF Tanker Boys were hoping like hail we lost so we could move up in the draft. That's flat out tankin.

1 hour ago, MSalmon said:

And that’s why the CFL sucks.they embrace the practice squad:)

jk @Falcanuck:)

No you ain’t wrong here. I used to work in the head office of a CFL team. The CFL does suck. 

MSalmon likes this

Just now, Falcanuck said:

No you ain’t wrong here. I used to work in the head office of a CFL team. The CFL does suck. 

Did you really? I watched it in the 80s and 90s when a lot of nfl talent slipped through the cracks and ended up there.

1 hour ago, E. T. said:

Strahan? Please elaborate I’m not getting that comparison 

9 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Did you really? I watched it in the 80s and 90s when a lot of nfl talent slipped through the cracks and ended up there.

Yes, the Edmonton Eskimos (I’ve moved back to Toronto since and am doing my MBA now). But the league was fun back before scouting became so good. Now there’s film on everyone and barely any talent gets missed. The quality of play is still decent, though. Guys like Ricky Williams and Manziel thought they could walk through everyone. They were wrong. But I’m just not fond of the rules, the field size, the ball size, etc. I do like their kick return rules though. That’s the only one. 

MSalmon likes this

6 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Yes, the Edmonton Eskimos (I’ve moved back to Toronto since and am doing my MBA now). But the league was fun back before scouting became so good. Now there’s film on everyone and barely any talent gets missed. The quality of play is still decent, though. Guys like Ricky Williams and Manziel thought they could walk through everyone. They were wrong. But I’m just not fond of the rules, the field size, the ball size, etc. I do like their kick return rules though. That’s the only one. 

True all. I like their kick returns. The field size was cool when you had guys like Moon and Flutie slipping through the cracks, like you pointed out. Now it's very arena footballsh. I often wondered why the CFL and NFL didn't join together in some ways. It'd be kinda cool to hVE. legit championship game between the two

5 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Strahan? Please elaborate I’m not getting that comparison 

His moves, his hand technique, his overall physical appearance. I see Strahan in this kid. Not a bad thing, just my opinion.

17 hours ago, osiruz said:

Should've tanked, it was a moron delf defeating move not to tank but there's no use crying over spilled milk. Hopefully we can put a decent package together and move up for Ed Oliver if needed be. It's typical of the falcons to undermine our future even in a losing season. 

But how do you tank?  I don't understand how you try to lose outside of obviously doing so.  If you want to throw the games, we should just forfeit to keep guys from getting injured.  All you can really do is pull starters (we actually did put a lot of backups in and they played well).  How do you tell individuals on your team to strategically fail? 

• "Hey Matt, I need you to miss that 3rd down throw." 
  • "Ryan...I need you to ignore that guy on the edge so Matt gets sacked and be sure to false start on the play after that."
  • "Debo, I need you to let that TE go by you."
  • "Sark...I'm going to need you to hold the offense back...promise I won't fire you at the end of the season."

This don't have anything to do with this post,, But I had Micheal Thomas in the last Mock in the year he was drafted,, In other words.. That last Mock is the one only one that matters to me because it's the one I really want. BTW,, I pick Saints to win today,, Brees just to good,,with to much exsperiance ,, Game just came on. 

On 1/18/2019 at 8:10 PM, RING OF HONOR said:

I'm more excited about free agency at this point...that's going to tell me all I need to know if they're serious about what they say....

If they are....the draft becomes very easy...

Hopefully, after resigning Grady, they spend the rest on the offensive line.

RING OF HONOR likes this