jfalconsp

Daniel Jeremiah 1st Mock Draft

40 posts in this topic

Outside of Mayock I always like following what DJ sees before the draft. This is his first mock.

Daniel Jeremiah 1st Mock Draft

“We have a full view of the 2019 NFL Draft class now that the league has released the list of underclassmen that have been granted early entry. Of course, this means Mock Draft Season is upon us! With 97 days until the real draft, here's the first iteration of how I could see the first round unfolding.

NOTE: The order for picks 29-32 has not yet been set. The final four teams are ordered below based on playoff seed, with record and strength of schedule as the tiebreakers.

PICK

Nick Bosa - Edge

ARI.png

School: Ohio State | Year: Junior 
Bosa is a polished pass rusher and he'll excel opposite Chandler Jones

PICK

Rashan Gary - Edge

SF.png

School: Michigan | Year: Junior 
Gary has the size of a defensive tackle but the skill set to play on the edge. He'll give the 49ers one of the best young D-lines in the NFL. 

PICK

Josh Allen - Edge

NYJ.png

School: Kentucky | Year: Senior 
The Jets need to address the O-line, but Allen will be too tempting to pass up. He's a bendy edge rusher with excellent production. 

PICK

Quinnen Williams - DT

OAK.png

School: Alabama | Year: Sophomore (RS) 
The Raiders are desperate for pass rushers. Williams offers tremendous upside in that department and dominates against the run. 

PICK

Josh Jacobs - RB

TB.png

School: Alabama | Year: Junior 
The Bucs didn't see any return on their investment in Ronald Jones, a second-round pick last year. Jacobs is a dynamic player with ideal toughness. 

PICK

Dwayne Haskins - QB

NYG.png

School: Ohio State | Year: Sophomore (RS) 
Haskins lacks the ideal mobility, but he's a pure pocket passer with excellent arm strength and accuracy. 

PICK

Jeffery Simmons - DT

JAC.png

School: Mississippi State | Year: Junior 
I wouldn't be surprised if Simmons were to go earlier than this spot. Teams are buzzing about his talent. 

PICK

T.J. Hockenson - TE

DET.png

School: Iowa | Year: Sophomore (RS) 
This might be a little early for Hockenson, but he fits the physical identity the Lions have been attempting to build. 

PICK

Jawaan Taylor - OT

BUF.png

School: Florida | Year: Junior 
Taylor could start at right tackle or either of the guard spots. He is a powerful run blocker with the agility to hold up in pass protection. 

PICK

Devin White - LB

DEN.png

School: LSU | Year: Junior 
White is the ideal modern linebacker. He can run, cover and blitz. 

PICK

Cody Ford - OT

CIN.png

School: Oklahoma | Year: Junior (RS) 
The Bengals need to upgrade their offensive line and Ford offers the flexibility to play inside or outside. 

PICK

Clelin Ferrell - Edge

GB.png

School: Clemson | Year: Junior (RS) 
Ferrell is an overachiever with excellent production and effort. The Packers need to add some punch to their edge rush. 

PICK

Daniel Jones - QB

MIA.png

School: Duke | Year: Junior (RS) 
The Dolphins have a bunch of needs to fill and could go in myriad directions. However, finding the quarterback of the future is right at the top of the list. 

PICK

Ed Oliver - DT

ATL.png

School: Houston | Year: Junior 
Oliver is a perfect fit in this scheme and he'd be a terror in the NFC South. 

PICK

Marquise Brown - WR

WAS.png

School: Oklahoma | Year: Junior 
The Redskins need to sort out the QB situation following Alex Smith's injury. If they address that need in free agency, Brown would be a tempting option with this pick. 

PICK

Greedy Williams - CB

CAR.png

School: LSU | Year: Sophomore (RS) 
Williams' play was up and down in the fall, but the Panthers hit on an LSU cornerback in last year's draft (Donte Jackson) and they might double down this spring. 

PICK

Andre Dillard - OT

CLE.png

School: Washington State | Year: Senior (RS) 
I believe Dillard is the top left tackle prospect in the draft and his pass-protecting prowess is just what Baker Mayfield needs. 

PICK

Jonah Williams - OG

MIN.png

Williams is a solid offensive tackle prospect, but I believe he has All-Pro potential at guard. The Vikingsneed to address the O-line this offseason. 

PICK

D.K. Metcalf - WR

TEN.png

School: Mississippi | Year: Sophomore (RS) 
Metcalf has a rare blend of size and speed. He'd be the perfect partner for Corey Davis

PICK

Devin Bush - LB

PIT.png

School: Michigan | Year: Junior 
Bush has outstanding play speed and he fills a need for the Steelers' defense. 

PICK

Montez Sweat - DE

SEA.png

School: Mississippi State | Year: Senior 
The Seahawks need to find a complementary pass rusher for Frank Clark, whom I expect to be back in Seattle next season even though he's due to become a free agent this offseason. Sweat has outstanding length, burst and production. 

PICK

Nasir Adderley - S

BAL.png

School: Delaware | Year: Senior 
Adderley is a perfect fit to take over for Eric Weddle, whether that transition takes place this year or next year. Weddle has one year left on his contract and recently said he'll either play for the Ravens in 2019 or retire if the team decides to move on without him. Adderley offers a similar skill set and toughness. 

PICK

Deandre Baker - CB

HOU.png

School: Georgia | Year: Senior 
Baker is a competitive cornerback with the versatility to fit in any scheme. 

PICK

Jaylon Ferguson - DE

OAK.png

School: Louisiana Tech | Year: Senior (RS) 
Ferguson has some stiffness, but his length, power and production will be very appealing to a team in need of edge rushers. 

PICK

Christian Wilkins - DT

PHI.png

School: Clemson | Year: Senior 
This would be the steal of the draft for the Eagles. Wilkins is a top-10 talent. 

PICK

Johnathan Abram - S

IND.png

School: Mississippi State | Year: Senior 
Abram is one of my favorite players in the draft. He fits what the Colts are building on defense. 

PICK

Trayvon Mullen - CB

OAK.png

School: Clemson | Year: Junior 
It would be a surprise if the Raiders used all three of their first-round picks on defensive players, but it might be wise to fix one side of the ball before addressing the other. 

PICK

Mack Wilson - LB

LAC.png

The Chargers need to get better at the linebacker position and Wilson is a true three-down player. 

PICK

Kyler Murray - QB

NE.png

School: Oklahoma | Year: Junior (RS) 
Murray is the ultimate wild card in this draft. The Patriots need to find the heir apparent to Tom Bradyand Murray could contribute while Brady is still playing. 

PICK

Dexter Lawrence - DT

LA.png

School: Clemson | Year: Junior 
The Rams might need someone to replace Ndamukong Suh, who's due to become a free agent this offseason. Lawrence has a very similar skill set and playing style. 

PICK

Byron Murphy - CB

KC.png

School: Washington | Year: Sophomore (RS) 
The Chiefs are set on offense, but they need to add some playmakers to the backend of their defense. 

PICK

Noah Fant - TE

GB.png

School: Iowa | Year: Junior 
Fant is an athletic freak and would be a nice complement to the young WR corps in Green Bay. Jimmy Graham isn't the long-term answer at the position.”

Emmitt and Falcons_Frenzy like this

9 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

This predicts something.... wicked

Yeah it does.  I'm mad at this dude now.

Jacobs to the Bucs would make me lol, but I do not want Kyler to fall to the Patriots’ greedy hands. No way. 

3 of my 4 guys went back-to-back-to-back with White, Ford, Ferrell. I thought my other guy, Oliver, was about to go to the Dolphins one pick before ours. But, nope!

Oliver in the ATL would be cool with me! 

Love our pick but Jacobs to the Bucs is hilarious.  Hope it happens...and I love Jacobs. In the 3rd round

Greedy Williams falling to #16 may shock  TD into an epileptic seizure.  Great value at #16 though.  Hope he isn’t who the Panthers take

Edited by Falconsin2012
FalconFanSince1970 likes this

5 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

Jacobs to the Bucs would make me lol, but I do not want Kyler to fall to the Patriots’ greedy hands. No way. 

The guy's shorter than the cheerleaders, he's a bust waiting to happen at QB.

30 minutes ago, Malachore said:

The guy's shorter than the cheerleaders, he's a bust waiting to happen at QB.

Tell that to Russ, or Baker, or Brees. 

I'm sorry not sorry to say but it's hard to believe with the 14th pick if Dexter Lawrence or Christian Wilkins is there we are not taking one of them since we want to get big and nasty.

HouseofEuphoria likes this

50 minutes ago, Malachore said:

He has to stand on a stool to look those manlets in the eye too.

I bet plenty of dudes in college talked **** to Kyler the same way you are. And he whooped them all. 

1 hour ago, Falcanuck said:

I bet plenty of dudes in college talked **** to Kyler the same way you are. And he whooped them all. 

He's not going to be in college anymore.

11 minutes ago, Malachore said:

He's not going to be in college anymore.

Would you call TJ Dillashaw a manlet to his face?