Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons_Frenzy

Mock draft by CBS Chris Trapasso

73 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Ita just a joke bud, and how does he not get appreciated? He's known by all as the football savant

Edit: didn't see it was you that posted this. Thought someone was being snarky.

I wasn’t sending that to you.  It was a general thought.  Definitely not directed to you personally.  

Now that I read the post I can see the last sentence seems directed to you.  It wasn’t and I apologize that it appeared to

Edited by Falconsin2012
Vandy likes this

8 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I would only take Ford if we transition to power gap.  6’4, 335 lbs  he bullies people in the run game but struggles in space.  Not an ideal ZBS tackle.  Still not great in pass pro.  

I would pass quite honestly

I know PFF isn’t the best measure of everything, but they watch every snap.  Of all the 2019 Draft Prospects who played in the College Football Playoffs (just 4 teams), they graded Ford  24th best

Struggling in space is an issue....if we pick an olineman ... I really don't want to try to experiment and take a tackle and move them inside or take a guard and move them outside if I want him to be a tackle or a guard that played those positions in college

8 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Struggling in space is an issue....if we pick an olineman ... I really don't want to try to experiment and take a tackle and move them inside or take a guard and move them outside if I want him to be a tackle or a guard that played those positions in college

He is an OG in the NFL...so that reduces most of the risk

Stryka likes this

3 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Christian Wilkins is better and plays more positions. Jussayin 

I’d take Wilkins all day over Oliver. Not even close

Knight of God likes this

58 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Christian Wilkins is better and plays more positions. Jussayin 

Wilkins is great.  Don’t know who is better, but I’ll take either.  I’d actually prefer Lawrence over Oliver or Wilkins

Edited by Falconsin2012

13 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Love this idea for all of us.  Just a running thread that each member updated each time Falcons are on the clock.  

Would be fun to revisit every once in a while.  Mine would be amusing as I’m completely unqualified to critique anything outside the SEC.  

That would be pretty amusing, I am sure we could start a draft night thread and the picks are only valid if made before the Falcons make theirs. Legends and fools would be made in a nice little post. I'm down if I don't go to the stadium for draft night.

Falconsin2012 likes this

5 minutes ago, Cheyakita said:

That would be pretty amusing, I am sure we could start a draft night thread and the picks are only valid if made before the Falcons make theirs. Legends and fools would be made in a nice little post. I'm down if I don't go to the stadium for draft night.

You’ve been tasked.  Remember on draft day go have the mods Pin the thread

Cheyakita likes this

On 1/18/2019 at 1:12 PM, kiwifalcon said:

Don’t get me wrong I don’t mind Oliver at all he’s an athletic freak but to me right now he’s a one trick pony.His hand usage isn’t up to scratch in my eyes and relies too much on power which has its advantages.At the next level you know how this goes he’ll get neutralised.

From what I’ve seen of Ford the only thing I worry about is if he turns out like Greg Robinson big physical but doesn’t translate to the next level.Upside is when I watch Ford is he’s so physical he tries to take your heart every play when he gets his hands on you he finishes you and I mean finishes you drops that 340 on you when he falls over.I like that lol.

Ford has no bend and still a little raw, Olivers game translates perfectly to the pros, and his hand usage is actually not too shabby.

On 1/18/2019 at 7:51 PM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Gonna depend on what we do in free agency. Tankers better be ready if Ed Oliver drops to us and we pass for an OL or CB. Dimi already said we're going need this year. Hopefully his last draft. Still think a TATF draft crew would have blown him outta the water over the last eleven years. Me, KoG, Fat, Vel, GDawg and a couple others would have gotten it done. For free. Buddy was not the roster builder TATF thought he was. Trust me.

TD has had one weakness in drafting. There are FOs out there who can't put together an offense or defense and you want TD to go because he can't draft offensive linemen. 

Not every GM is perfect. 

Dutty Ole Bird likes this

3 hours ago, osiruz said:

Ford has no bend and still a little raw, Olivers game translates perfectly to the pros, and his hand usage is actually not too shabby.

Nah his hands are average man he doesn’t disengage enough for my liking if he had good hands he’d be up there with Quinnen Williams.

10 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I wasn’t sending that to you.  It was a general thought.  Definitely not directed to you personally.  

Now that I read the post I can see the last sentence seems directed to you.  It wasn’t and I apologize that it appeared to

No worries. After noticing that it was you who posted it, I was able to understand the context from your previous posts.

Falconsin2012 likes this

7 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Nah his hands are average man he doesn’t disengage enough for my liking if he had good hands he’d be up there with Quinnen Williams.

His hands are good enough at the next level he is going to refine and work on his technique and use his hands more. He will have Grady, DQ, and BY to learn from and I am sure he will work with Chuck Smith a bit. His speed and his strength are ridiculous and cant be taught. He can rush from any of the 4 positions on the DL. The thing with Cosy Ford is he needs a lot of work on his technique. Honestly I am only comfortable with taking Jonah Williams out of all the OL.

20 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Def wasn't the best or 2nd best of available players.

To be fair, no OL after Wes has come close to his playing production, and overall players after Wes have been overall garbage or spec teams players, with a few exceptions; none of which are exactly lighting it up....

Derek Watt

Anthony Zettel

Elandon Roberts

Jalen Mills

falconsd56 likes this

17 hours ago, MSalmon said:

I’d take Wilkins all day over Oliver. Not even close

40.5 TFL, 16 sacks, 2 FF in 4 years on a team stacked with DL talent

53 TFL, 13.5 sacks, 5 FF in 3 years on a team that has not as good DL talent(but 2 good pass rushing LB's)

Going into last season, both were considered top 3 prospects.

On 1/19/2019 at 9:23 AM, Falconsin2012 said:

Love this idea for all of us.  Just a running thread that each member updated each time Falcons are on the clock.  

Would be fun to revisit every once in a while.  Mine would be amusing as I’m completely unqualified to critique anything outside the SEC.  

We mentioned that a few times. Nobody really pulled it off. You have to be on the board for every pick over three days. Hard for most. I posted a few Real Time Draft threads but they got shut down by TATF because they were posted after the draft. Even though they included players drafted later or undrafted. :rolleyes: They are still out there in the archives somewhere. See my 2015 real time mock. Picked up Gurley, Gregory, Amos and Zenner in that draft. Dimi got Grady, Beasley, Teco, Hardy and Collins in that draft. Not bad at all but I think we'd better off right now with mine. And that was on two weeks of YouTube research with no senior bowl, combine, pro days, work outs or interviews. Didn't post my 2011 or 2012 real time drafts but got Justin Houston, Demarco Murray, Kevin Zeitler and Virgil Green in those. Still believe we would have been better off instead of going explosive and still might have Houston and Zeitler who we could have used the last seven or eight years.

Falconsin2012 likes this

46 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

We mentioned that a few times. Nobody really pulled it off. You have to be on the board for every pick over three days. Hard for most. I posted a few Real Time Draft threads but they got shut down by TATF because they were posted after the draft. Even though they included players drafted later or undrafted. :rolleyes: They are still out there in the archives somewhere. See my 2015 real time mock. Picked up Gurley, Gregory, Amos and Zenner in that draft. Dimi got Grady, Beasley, Teco, Hardy and Collins in that draft. Not bad at all but I think we'd better off right now with mine. And that was on two weeks of YouTube research with no senior bowl, combine, pro days, work outs or interviews. Didn't post my 2011 or 2012 real time drafts but got Justin Houston, Demarco Murray, Kevin Zeitler and Virgil Green in those. Still believe we would have been better off instead of going explosive and still might have Houston and Zeitler who we could have used the last seven or eight years.

Love Julio, but I really wanted a Justin Houston for us in that draft. Passing on Geno Atkins the year before. SMH, Falcons always overlooking talent right in their own backyard. 

I am really hoping that the falcons do enough in free agency that they have options. In the draft.

Like i hope that they have signed a dt or 2 to give us the luxery of not having to draft a dt.....but they do so because that guy is the best player on the boars at the time

Vandy likes this

1 hour ago, ki46dinah said:

40.5 TFL, 16 sacks, 2 FF in 4 years on a team stacked with DL talent

53 TFL, 13.5 sacks, 5 FF in 3 years on a team that has not as good DL talent(but 2 good pass rushing LB's)

Going into last season, both were considered top 3 prospects.

Different competition level has to be factored in. Wilkins has proven kn the biggest stage he can play. Oliver played navy, smu abd a host of garbage schools. Watch his tape his balance and body control is raw at best

12 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Good observation. I noticed that and he’s one speed. Several games you see OL who won’t sniff the pros pushing him out away from QB. A guy like brees stepping up the pocket will kill him.

8 hours ago, ki46dinah said:

To be fair, no OL after Wes has come close to his playing production, and overall players after Wes have been overall garbage or spec teams players, with a few exceptions; none of which are exactly lighting it up....

Derek Watt

Anthony Zettel

Elandon Roberts

Jalen Mills

Didn't have to draft an OG though.