Sidecar Falcon

If Kyler Murray makes it to the 14th pick...

55 posts in this topic

On 1/18/2019 at 9:41 AM, Stryka said:

Depends.  The only team immediately behind us that may want a QB is Washington.  They may not as they were having a very good year before A. Smith went down.  They also traded for the guy.  Panthers, Browns, Vikings, Titans, Steelers, Ravens, Texans, Raiders, Eagles, Colts, Chargers, Patriots, Chiefs, Rams and Packers round out the 1st round.  ALL of those teams have what they believe is their franchise QB on board already and none would be interested in K. Murray. That means no trade up from another team all the way up to 14th.  The teams that need QBs are all in front of us.

Unless the Titans are iffy on Mariota and the Raiders(more likely) feel Carr isn't in their longterm plans....Murray dropping has no bearing on us. IMO

You can make an argument for the Pats, Chargers and Steelers wanting their qbs of the future... could also potentially see the Vikings given how poor Kirk Cousins played.... remember he only signed a three-year deal...

Then you have the Panthers who are in a very interesting spot depending on what's going on with Cams injury.

So while I will agree... I think if you start looking a little bit deeper you could see a potential trade partner.

But again like I've talked about at length here with another poster it's all about how much they are willing to pay.

Stryka likes this

8 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

You can make an argument for the Pats, Chargers and Steelers wanting their qbs of the future... could also potentially see the Vikings given how poor Kirk Cousins played.... remember he only signed a three-year deal...

Then you have the Panthers who are in a very interesting spot depending on what's going on with Cams injury.

So while I will agree... I think if you start looking a little bit deeper you could see a potential trade partner.

But again like I've talked about at length here with another poster it's all about how much they are willing to pay.

Yes potentially those 3 teams could want their new QB.  I believe they are in WIN NOW mode though.  I don't think either drafts a 1st round QB, they still want to add around their star QB, especially Steelers with them set to lose potentially 2 big pieces.  Panthers could cause some intrigue but Cam is still young so I don't see it being like a Peyton Manning situation in which he was much older.

I cant argue that the draft usually brings some unforeseen madness so all of those are in play but I think we may need to take our eggs out of that basket for now.

4 hours ago, Stryka said:

Yes potentially those 3 teams could want their new QB.  I believe they are in WIN NOW mode though.  I don't think either drafts a 1st round QB, they still want to add around their star QB, especially Steelers with them set to lose potentially 2 big pieces.  Panthers could cause some intrigue but Cam is still young so I don't see it being like a Peyton Manning situation in which he was much older.

I cant argue that the draft usually brings some unforeseen madness so all of those are in play but I think we may need to take our eggs out of that basket for now.

I think that you can still be in a win now mode and still be looking to the future.......but i do agree 109%....we should not base our draft plans around ability to trade down.

If we are smart in FA we can sit back and let the draft come to us.