Sidecar Falcon

If Kyler Murray makes it to the 14th pick...

55 posts in this topic

If the top players on our big board are gone. What is the potential trade value for this pick if he’s still on the board? Would it be advantageous to try and trade down with a team like the Titans/Raiders and potentially pick up an extra 2nd round pick, perhaps more. 

PokerSteve likes this

Just now, Sidecar Falcon said:

If the top players on our big board are gone. What is the potential trade value for this pick if he’s still on the board? Would it be advantageous to try and trade down with a team like the Titans/Raiders and potentially pick up an extra 2nd round pick, perhaps more. 

Depends.  The only team immediately behind us that may want a QB is Washington.  They may not as they were having a very good year before A. Smith went down.  They also traded for the guy.  Panthers, Browns, Vikings, Titans, Steelers, Ravens, Texans, Raiders, Eagles, Colts, Chargers, Patriots, Chiefs, Rams and Packers round out the 1st round.  ALL of those teams have what they believe is their franchise QB on board already and none would be interested in K. Murray. That means no trade up from another team all the way up to 14th.  The teams that need QBs are all in front of us.

Unless the Titans are iffy on Mariota and the Raiders(more likely) feel Carr isn't in their longterm plans....Murray dropping has no bearing on us. IMO

I have a hard time seeing a team investing a top 16 pick on a guy who was a one year wonder, is built like a slot corner and on top of that may go play baseball if he doesn't like you drafting him.

Someone wanting to jump the skins may make sense but the Dolphins also need a QB and you can make the case for the Bengals too with a new coach so I would assume if a team was crazy enough for Kyler they would trade to 9-10.

autigerfan and thanat0s like this

1 minute ago, Stryka said:

Depends.  The only team immediately behind us that may want a QB is Washington.  They may not as they were having a very good year before A. Smith went down.  They also traded for the guy.  Panthers, Browns, Vikings, Titans, Steelers, Ravens, Texans, Raiders, Eagles, Colts, Chargers, Patriots, Chiefs, Rams and Packers round out the 1st round.  ALL of those teams have what they believe is their franchise QB on board already and none would be interested in K. Murray. That means no trade up from another team all the way up to 14th.  The teams that need QBs are all in front of us.

Unless the Titans are iffy on Mariota and the Raiders(more likely) feel Carr isn't in their longterm plans....Murray dropping has no bearing on us. IMO

This ^^

No one immediately behind us except maybe Washington would take him. There is probably a better opportunity for someone interested to make a deal with a team with a lower pick than ours and give up less.... if a deal even needs to be done at all. I really don't see much opportunity for trading #14 to someone wanting Murray. If Washington wants him, they take him at the #15 because we aren't taking him.

1 hour ago, Stryka said:

From what I understand the Titans organization isn’t too happy with Mariota. Between his injury history and his lack of development, they may look to move on from him. I don’t place the blame of his development on Mariota, he hasn’t had a consistent OC since he’s been there. 

Raiders may look to try and move Carr in the offseason. My best guess to a trade partner would be NYG, which would could drop Murray down further. Raiders are also looking at getting into a new stadium in a new city soon. Having a young and exciting QB could help sell tickets. 

I agree that the Redskins do need a QB, bu I doubt they would trade their 1st and a 2nd to move up a spot. 

Stryka likes this

12 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Never said anything about the Falcons selecting him. What were you reading? LOL

Not your OP. 

1 minute ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

So who’s post said anything about selecting Kyler Murray with our pick? LOL 

I thought he was saying the other poster obviously didn't read your original post.

6 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

I think Kyler Murray gets overdrafted due to the success of Russell Wilson.

He’s talented, I’ll give him that. However he’ll need to have the right offensive scheme working with him in order to be successful. He’s definitely a playmaker. His measurables will have a huge impact on his draft stock. Initial reports have him listed as 5’9”. If he’s any smaller he may drop out of the first 3 rounds. 

1 minute ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I thought he was saying the other poster obviously didn't read your original post.

Yeah I’m thinking he didn’t read the post and just reacted. It happens a lot on these boards. 

ya_boi_j likes this

15 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

So who’s post said anything about selecting Kyler Murray with our pick? LOL 

Mine

LOL

1 hour ago, Romfal said:

I have a hard time seeing a team investing a top 16 pick on a guy who was a one year wonder, is built like a slot corner and on top of that may go play baseball if he doesn't like you drafting him.

Someone wanting to jump the skins may make sense but the Dolphins also need a QB and you can make the case for the Bengals too with a new coach so I would assume if a team was crazy enough for Kyler they would trade to 9-10.

Sounds like someone the Browns have drafted before. 

Call me crazy and I'm a MR2 fan but if KM was there at 14 it would be tempted to grab him for our future and/or trade considerations. The guy is 5'9 7/8 and could be the next Russell Wilson. This cat has value and could be very very special....and then there's a risk factor - he chooses baseball or maybe his height won't allow him to be great. Prolly too much of a gamble.....but it still makes one think what if