Falcons Fan MVP

Which one of our offensive weapons will benefit the most from having Dirk Koetter as an offensive coordinator?

47 posts in this topic

I expect Julio to get into the end zone more consistently under Dirk Koetter. I expect Devonta Freeman to be used more creatively under Dirk Koetter. I think Tevin Coleman would do very well in Koetters screen game. And of course Hooper should have great days ahead. What do you guys think?

17 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

Probably Matthew Iceman Ryan.  Normally he takes a year to warm up, but this time he can keep it cold from game one!

Coleman is gone dog!

Matt Ryan should be on fire if the line plays well. I hope that we keep Coleman but I know the odds are against it.

22 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Our stats were already plenty good.  I don’t see anyone’s stats outside of Hooper taking a jump.  I just care about consistency on a drive-to-drive basis...and not folding like a cheap rug against physical defenses

We will be tested against physical defenses this season. Vikings, Eagles, Jaguars, Texans, Titans are all on the schedule this year.

Falconsin2012 likes this

7 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Matt Ryan should be on fire if the line plays well. I hope that we keep Coleman but I know the odds are against it.

I’m alomost certain he is gone. The trenches will be the focus I hope and that will not leave room for Coleman. 

8 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I expect Julio to get into the end zone more consistently under Dirk Koetter. I expect Devonta Freeman to be used more creatively under Dirk Koetter. I think Tevin Coleman would do very well in Koetters screen game. And of course Hooper should have great days ahead. What do you guys think?

Hooper and whoever is our 2nd TE will benefit most. 

SoCalFalconFan likes this

Hooper and Saubert stand to benefit the most.  They can both get vertical and Kutty loves to run 12 personnel and feature his TEs.  Look no further than C. Brate and OJ Howard. I think Ryan doesn't benefit as he is already great coming off a great season but he doesn't take the hit like he has with the installing of new systems.

Fernando C. and gazoo like this

I think the tight ends obviously and maybe Sanu. Koetter loves to use big physical receivers in the middle of the field

Ryan and Julio will get back to those down field bombs. Ryan had one of the best deep balls in the league from 12-14. 

Emmitt likes this

10 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Our stats were already plenty good.  I don’t see anyone’s stats outside of Hooper taking a jump.  I just care about consistency on a drive-to-drive basis...and not folding like a cheap rug against physical defenses

Ridley's will jump the most.

11 hours ago, DogIsYourName said:

Probably Matthew Iceman Ryan.  Normally he takes a year to warm up, but this time he can keep it cold from game one!

Coleman is gone dog!

Ryan just threw for 4900+ yards (8 YPA), 39 total TDs, and just 7 INTs. He'll benefit, but hardly the most.

Hooper and Saubert are the ones to keep an eye on.

Freeman would be a pleasant surprise, considering DK didn't run the football much the last time he was in Atlanta.