Atlchamp99

Mel Kiper's Full Mock Draft

43 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

Kind of surprising to see both Cody Ford and Jawaan Taylor not available. 

Jawaan Taylor is so raw but he had a helluva season for us.  He is already a mauler in the run game but he held up well vs the pass rush this season.  He would have been a bonafide top 10 pick with a year of seasoning.  I think he may go high due to lack of tackles available but could also last to 2nd rounds due to teams not seeing the value of a prospect with potential yet not quite polished.

4 minutes ago, Stryka said:

Jawaan Taylor is so raw but he had a helluva season for us.  He is already a mauler in the run game but he held up well vs the pass rush this season.  He would have been a bonafide top 10 pick with a year of seasoning.  I think he may go high due to lack of tackles available but could also last to 2nd rounds due to teams not seeing the value of a prospect with potential yet not quite polished.

1. I don't think Taylor is raw at all. He's been starting since he was a true freshman. He's been really good for a while. 

2. It's more a comment on two offensive linemen who don't play left tackle going before pick #14. That almost never happens. 

13 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

1. I don't think Taylor is raw at all. He's been starting since he was a true freshman. He's been really good for a while. 

2. It's more a comment on two offensive linemen who don't play left tackle going before pick #14. That almost never happens. 

Taylor definitely needs work on his technique.  He has great size and ability but he is so big that he struggles with speed rushers at times.  Trust me I have been watching him for years.  Yes he started at UF as a freshman but he had plenty of lumps.  Thing is these UF lineman tend to be better in college than their "star ranking" and they also turn into very good NFL OL.  Marcus Gilbert in Pittsburgh, The Pouncey twins are both starting Cs, J. Taylor and M. Ivey both look to be 1st rounders and all of them outside of Ivey were 3 star recruits coming out of high school.   J. Taylor is more a RT than anything.  I can almost assure you he isn't ready yet for elite edge rushers he would face at LT.

4 hours ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Where did he run off to? Did he read one of my posts about chasing around european swimsuit models? I was just screwing around.

GM of the Las OakVegas Raiders.

4 hours ago, weezy01212 said:

Just listened to the NFL Live podcast that was posted today talking only about the Mock Draft with Mel and Todd.

They projected Ed Oliver to drop to us at 14.

Does Todd say the same?  Both agree that we take Oliver at 14?

Love Scott Wright's draftcountdown.com too - He says we take Wilkins at 14.

Edited by Maltese Falcon
PokerSteve likes this

4 hours ago, JDaveG said:

This.  What a dumb premise.

Agreed. Sign Grady, Draft Oliver, and sign either Zach Kerr/Danny Shelton/Jordan Phillips to rotate at at NT with Senat and let them all eat. 

Schwarzwald likes this

15 minutes ago, GleasonForever! said:

Agreed. Sign Grady, Draft Oliver, and sign either Zach Kerr/Danny Shelton/Jordan Phillips to rotate at at NT with Senat and let them all eat. 

I think that fixes the DT position. A heavy run stuffer with some ability to push in FA and another stud who can play 1 tech and 3 tech. Jack Crawford stays our nickel rusher and Senat proves to be valuable depth. I still believe we need a pass rusher upgrade despite what happens to Vic

6 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

And free agent activity....there are always a few guys who are surprise cuts that throws teams draft plans out of whack a bit

After the combine you could have guys dropping out of the 1st round entirely and guys coming from nowhere into the top of the 1st round.

Hopefully there will be a few Dontari Poe’s that have such great workouts it throws them into the top 10 so Oliver remains a strong possibility.

Or Oliver could have a great workout and go in the top 5....

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

After the combine you could have guys dropping out of the 1st round entirely and guys coming from nowhere into the top of the 1st round.

Hopefully there will be a few Dontari Poe’s that have such great workouts it throws them into the top 10 so Oliver remains a strong possibility.

Or Oliver could have a great workout and go in the top 5....

Yup.....happpens every year.

Mock drafts in january are usually for far off.

Remember 2011? Remember who the number 1 pick was going to be in January??

Daquan Bowers

If the draft fell like this,  I'd beg and plead for a trade back. My no1 target is Ford., but if he's gone and Oliver, Simmons, Lawerence and Wilkins are all still there,  moving back for an extra 2nd would be too good to pass up. 

Edited by RubberDucky

5 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Isn't Oliver one of the guys tankers wanted to tank for?

Gonna lmao if he drops to us and we take someone else.

Was thinking the same thing..