Ransack

2019 Atlanta Braves Regular Season Thread

387 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Nereek said:

That means he wont accept trade to Braves right?

No, it means he gave himself control. The language of the deal allows him to block any 8 teams. He turned in his list recently and it includes all contenders for 2019. Basically it gives him the power to personally receive compensation. He may be happy with the Braves and waive it for nothing. He also has the power to say, give me a check for $1M to waive it. He might also say let's talk about a 2 or 3 year deal in exchange for waiving.

Nereek likes this

56 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

No, it means he gave himself control. The language of the deal allows him to block any 8 teams. He turned in his list recently and it includes all contenders for 2019. Basically it gives him the power to personally receive compensation. He may be happy with the Braves and waive it for nothing. He also has the power to say, give me a check for $1M to waive it. He might also say let's talk about a 2 or 3 year deal in exchange for waiving.

...so you’re saying there’s a chance?  Yessssss, I read you. 

Bumgarner was raised in North Carolina and grew up a Braves fan, his idol is Greg Maddux. I have no doubt he would approve a trade that satisfied his requirements. 

23 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Bumgarner was raised in North Carolina and grew up a Braves fan, his idol is Greg Maddux. I have no doubt he would approve a trade that satisfied his requirements. 

What do the Braves give up? 

Luke Jackson is a real thing right now and I love it, it's lunacy. His slider stood out to me last year but his tendency to McCullers' it (rely a lot on your off speed instead of pitching off your fastball) has taken a leap forward so far in 2019. Who knows if it continues but if it does I want the league to select him for the all star team.

8 hours ago, Black Francis said:

What do the Braves give up? 

Itll cost them. SF media reported a few days ago the Giants believed price on Bumgarner is four close to MLB ready prospects. He is a rental right now so I dont know if the Giants will get that price. If Bumgarner wants an extension to waive his no trade then that will give the Giants more leverage because he wouldnt be a rental.

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Itll cost them. SF media reported a few days ago the Giants believed price on Bumgarner is four close to MLB ready prospects. He is a rental right now so I dont know if the Giants will get that price. If Bumgarner wants an extension to waive his no trade then that will give the Giants more leverage because he wouldnt be a rental.

If that’s the case then I don’t see the Braves being legitimate buyers. Who knows though?

3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Buster Olney says Bumgarner will likely seek a $1-2.5M bonus to waive his no trade. 

The reports are either over done, or Bum isn't coming here. I mean we could can go get Dallas Keuchel and/of Craig Kimbrel for zero prospects.

MadBum has negative WAR right now. They'd be trying to sell on name, not performance, and baseball executives are smarter about that these days.

K26dp likes this

7 hours ago, Dawggone said:

The reports are either over done, or Bum isn't coming here. I mean we could can go get Dallas Keuchel and/of Craig Kimbrel for zero prospects.

Im skeptical of Keuchel. If you sign him after the draft he'll need all of June to go through Spring Training. He could return fine but he also might have a couple of weeks of settling back in. You never know how someone will respond after sitting out the first 2 or 3 months. Kimbrel would be an easier transition to me.

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Im skeptical of Keuchel. If you sign him after the draft he'll need all of June to go through Spring Training. He could return fine but he also might have a couple of weeks of settling back in. You never know how someone will respond after sitting out the first 2 or 3 months. Kimbrel would be an easier transition to me.

I suppose I am just not sold on Bum for a cost of 4 MLB ready guys. What do you take that to mean? Maybe I am thinking it is more than it is.

1 hour ago, Dawggone said:

I suppose I am just not sold on Bum for a cost of 4 MLB ready guys. What do you take that to mean? Maybe I am thinking it is more than it is.

I wouldn't pay that to SF. I highly doubt they'll get it.

May 15th was a terrific day for the Braves. Austin Riley made his MLB debut and promptly homered in his second at-bat. Mike Soroka gave up zero runs, somehow lowering his ERA to 0.98. And a moron who ran onto the field got brutally tackled into a brick wall by an overzealous security guard. 

59 minutes ago, jidady said:

May 15th was a terrific day for the Braves. Austin Riley made his MLB debut and promptly homered in his second at-bat. Mike Soroka gave up zero runs, somehow lowering his ERA to 0.98. And a moron who ran onto the field got brutally tackled into a brick wall by an overzealous security guard. 

And to add a cherry on it....the phillies lost

Not sure what we're getting back cash wise but we've managed to spend $17 million on one injured bullpen arm and one bullpen arm that's having a ****** season.

46 minutes ago, Ransack said:

Not sure what we're getting back cash wise but we've managed to spend $17 million on one injured bullpen arm and one bullpen arm that's having a ****** season.

They are getting the cash necessary to even out the salaries. To quote someone else, this is the Braves essentially getting a "free look" at Swarzak for two guys that most likely were never going to pitch in a Braves uniform again.

Falconsfan567 and falconsd56 like this

6 hours ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

Any chance we get J.J Bleday?

I dont think he'll be there when we pick but if he is I'm not sure we'd pull the trigger on him. If we go with a bat my guess would be Shea Langeliers out of Baylor.

Dodgers take the lead. 6 outs away from being 1 game back after a not so good week 

Phillies pen implodes...Braves now only a game back.

I watched alittle bit of the phillies and Dodgers.......Kapler still seems clueless

TheTrue7 likes this

Braves and Keuchel are reportedly not agreeing on his value. Cardinals also not matching up so far. Yankees are said to be closer to what he wants.

57 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Braves and Keuchel are reportedly not agreeing on his value. Cardinals also not matching up so far. Yankees are said to be closer to what he wants.

Jeez, imagine that.  :rolleyes: