Ransack

2019 Atlanta Braves Regular Season Thread

387 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, TheTrue7 said:

Dream..

shattered..

He is racking up hits but hes also racking up Ks. Hes K'd 19 times in 51 ABs. Hes still learning.

24 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

He is racking up hits but hes also racking up Ks. Hes K'd 19 times in 51 ABs. Hes still learning.

Ah.. Is Duvall still learning as well?

lol I kid I kid 

I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility. A plus defender at all three OF positions with power and speed, I could see him added in September and maybe even get a post-season spot (he'd be at least as usefull as Lane Adams was last year). It doesn't mean he'd be handed a spot in Spring Training. 

TheTrue7 and falconsd56 like this

1 hour ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

Don't like it.. reach over the crowd foul catches are part of the game.

Yeah I don't like it either.

I can understand dugout to dugout but how many people getting hurt in the OF?

NashvilleFalcon01 likes this

3 hours ago, K26dp said:

I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility. A plus defender at all three OF positions with power and speed, I could see him added in September and maybe even get a post-season spot (he'd be at least as usefull as Lane Adams was last year). It doesn't mean he'd be handed a spot in Spring Training. 

Well, I guess this can also be said about Billy Hamilton. Well, except the power part.

6 minutes ago, K26dp said:

Well, I guess this can also be said about Billy Hamilton. Well, except the power part.

Poor mans Otis Nixon?

pretty much broke

17 hours ago, Malachore said:

Yeah I don't like it either.

I can understand dugout to dugout but how many people getting hurt in the OF?

I understand people being leery of it. But if 1 kid gets seriously injured its 1 too many. And if I remember correctly there has been 1 or 2 beyond the dugouts.

On 8/19/2019 at 4:58 PM, Unknøwn said:

Maybe remove the netting and replace it with shatterproof glass is a better option so fans can still see the game.

43 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Maybe remove the netting and replace it with shatterproof glass is a better option so fans can still see the game.

The netting is about an eighth of a inch... you barely notice it

Just now, CrimsonFalcon said:

The netting is about an eighth of a inch... you barely notice it

As long as it doesn't ruin fans pov.

2 minutes ago, Nereek said:

As long as it doesn't ruin fans pov.

You dont notice the netting. It's really not an issue.

22 minutes ago, Nereek said:

I can notice it.

You can still sit in the OF. Theres no netting beyond the OF wall. Those seats are pretty good too.

24 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

You can still sit in the OF. Theres no netting beyond the OF wall. Those seats are pretty good too.

Already have. I also had seats behind the net too this season.

On 9/8/2019 at 6:16 PM, Unknøwn said:

Braves traded OF Ryan LaMarre to the Twins for cash. Twins need CF depth after the injury to Buxton. 

Ryan LaMarre hit a HR tonight for the Twins.

Tonight could be an awesome night. Two straight division titles is always a good thing. Not looking too forward to Flaherty in game 1 against the Cards potentially, but hey, we can do it. Let's get pay back from when the ended Medlin's hot streak in 2012. 

5 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Tonight could be an awesome night. Two straight division titles is always a good thing. Not looking too forward to Flaherty in game 1 against the Cards potentially, but hey, we can do it. Let's get pay back from when the ended Medlin's hot streak in 2012. 

I'm not giving up hope on the Brewers over taking them. Brewers have gone from 7.5 to 3 behind in the last 2 weeks. Brewers are 15-4 in their last 19 games and have the easiest remaining schedule in the NL. 3 at home with the Pirates, 3 at Cincinnati, and 3 at Colorado. The Cardinals meanwhile have 3 at Chicago, 3 at Arizona and 3 at home against the Cubs. While the Cardinals had been hot in the second half of the season running neck-and-neck with the Braves for best record since the ASG, they've cooled off over the last couple of weeks. They're 8-7 in their last 15 games.

It's also not lock that the Nationals will be playing in October. They're only 1 up on the Brewers and 2 up on the Cubs.