Ransack

2019 Atlanta Braves Regular Season Thread

387 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Unknøwn said:

Mods locked it last night because of the argument going on it.

I had to go back and read. It got pretty intense. I understand everyone's passion as a fan, but it should have never gone that far.

Hope the MOD unlocks it soon!

29 minutes ago, E. T. said:

I had to go back and read. It got pretty intense. I understand everyone's passion as a fan, but it should have never gone that far.

I just went back and read the thread and it did get bad unfortunately.   Everyone’s frustrated with the bp.  Heck, they fail so often that I expect them to fail and I’m just amazed when they actually do their job.  It’s just easier to be pleasantly surprised when they get the job done than to melt down when they don’t 

37 minutes ago, E. T. said:

It’s friggin’ annoying.  We have to suffer because a select few can’t cool it. 

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

3 minutes ago, Dirty South Bird said:

It’s friggin’ annoying.  We have to suffer because a select few can’t cool it. 

I’ll apologize for my part.. I could have easily just not answered back but at some point some need to understand that others don’t share the same opinions.. AND at the same time refrain from the petty demeaning behavior and name calling.. 

Born Again Georgian likes this

On 8/7/2019 at 9:18 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

What makes it shortsighted? I hate the cheesy uniforms and names on the jerseys. I don't apologize for wanting the classic Braves uniforms for every game!! I don't apologize for wanting to see Freeman on the back of Freddie's jersey or Acuna or Albies or whoever instead of some other name. This is Major League Baseball. Not the XFL!! All this is is another moneygrab by MLB just like those stupid NFL color rush uniforms!! It's all about the benjamins!!! If MLB wasn't getting a big chunk in extra sales from people buying these jerseys they wouldn't do this. Players weekend my ***!!

cool

58 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Mods locked it last night because of the argument going on it.

can we create a new one?

22 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

I’ll apologize for my part.. I could have easily just not answered back but at some point some need to understand that others don’t share the same opinions.. AND at the same time refrain from the petty demeaning behavior and name calling.. 

I totally understand where you and Malachore are coming from brother. Both of you are Braves fans with different views....once you guys understand that, and know there's no changing it, life will be so much easier. 

We all have different views. We all have to respect that and move on. This is not directed at you, but something we all can hopefully agree on.

Chop On!

2 minutes ago, E. T. said:

I totally understand where you and Malachore are coming from brother. Both of you are Braves fans with different views....once you guys understand that, and know there's no changing it, life will be so much easier. 

We all have different views. We all have to respect that and move on. This is not directed at you, but something we all can hopefully agree on.

Chop On!

I’d say it’s more along the lines of understanding that differing opinions are fine.. taking it to the next level with the derogatory comments is beyond petty.. calling someone a clueless homer, idiot, moron etc. isn’t necessary.. but it’s really par for the course for some.. from the GM, to the coach, to the players, to other posters.. it’s the go to..

As someone that frequents many boards on the net I find that this overall site has the most drama, whether here or over at the falcons board hawks board and so on. Lots of folks with 20,000 post or more but there post are terrible, non stop bashing each other, you post something and 10 old timers will chime in negatively just to get a post count up even when they are wrong. just a very interesting place overall.

but I enjoy it lol

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

Just now, Unknøwn said:

Yeah, this section of the forum could use it's own dedicated mod really. Theres enough drama in here for it. I dont really venture up to TATF anymore. 

I hear ya 

2 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

I’d say it’s more along the lines of understanding that differing opinions are fine.. taking it to the next level with the derogatory comments is beyond petty.. calling someone a clueless homer, idiot, moron etc. isn’t necessary.. but it’s really par for the course for some.. from the GM, to the coach, to the players, to other posters.. it’s the go to..

Best thing is to ignore it and move on brother. Don't feed into it. As soon as you reply to something that you know is not going to go your way, you've set yourself up in the trap. 

29 minutes ago, E. T. said:

Best thing is to ignore it and move on brother. Don't feed into it. As soon as you reply to something that you know is not going to go your way, you've set yourself up in the trap. 

Lol.. as much as he says that I bait him, I’d venture to say I’m not the one getting trapped.. 

So now this thread has devolved into the thread to talk about why the other thread is locked. Smfh. If u dont wanna talk baseball gtfo

8 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

So now this thread has devolved into the thread to talk about why the other thread is locked. Smfh. If u dont wanna talk baseball gtfo

Wow.. my bad.. was just conversing.. as you were

8 hours ago, Dawggone said:

lol

8 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Wow.. my bad.. was just conversing.. as you were

Its over.  Everyone in the forum should learn to DM each other if you need to talk about anything other than baseball or to have personal conversations. And we should all learn the directions to the high road myself included.

K26dp likes this

31 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

Its over.  Everyone in the forum should learn to DM each other if you need to talk about anything other than baseball or to have personal conversations. And we should all learn the directions to the high road myself included.

**** man, take your own advice and talk baseball or gtfo..

:lol: I’m totally kidding 

Dawggone likes this

Posted (edited)

Anyone got any info on Dansby? Ozzies comment is a little worrisome.

Such great team chemistry on this club

Edited by TheTrue7
tl;dr likes this

9 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Anyone got any info on Dansby? Ozzies comment is a little worrisome.

Such great team chemistry on this club

Snit said on Saturday that it hasnt taken the turn the team hoped.

7 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Snit said on Saturday that it hasnt taken the turn the team hoped.

So it took a turn for the worse or hasn’t changed?

9 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

So it took a turn for the worse or hasn’t changed?

Hasn't changed. Still the same. Unknown when he'll be back.

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Hasn't changed. Still the same. Unknown when he'll be back.

Conflicted on whether to like this post or not.. thanks for the info but that still kinda sucks