Ransack

2019 Atlanta Braves Regular Season Thread

168 posts in this topic

Right off the bat with Philly and the Cubs. Interesting.

And Kansas City Chiefs Septemeber 24th and 25th? We know of interleague play, but inter-sports play? Manfred must have really jumped the shark this time.

I kid, I kid.

Falconsfan567 likes this

1 hour ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Right off the bat with Philly and the Cubs. Interesting.

And Kansas City Chiefs Septemeber 24th and 25th? We know of interleague play, but inter-sports play? Manfred must have really jumped the shark this time.

I kid, I kid.

Dammit. Thanks for pointing that out to me so I can fix it.

3 minutes ago, Malachore said:

**** we don't go to DC till late June? I don't want to wait that long. :(

Only 5 games against the Nationals in the 1st half of the season. Insane. I don't know how they do the MLB schedule. Last year by the 2nd week of May the Red Sox had already played the Rays 10 times. MLB scheduling is a mess.

Malachore likes this

4 minutes ago, Malachore said:

**** we don't go to DC till late June? I don't want to wait that long. :(

Price of having a competitive team. They loaded up the back end of the schedule with the Phillies and Nats. They hope to have the drama of a close finish.

Drew4719 and Malachore like this

4 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Price of having a competitive team. They loaded up the back end of the schedule with the Phillies and Nats. They hope to have the drama of a close finish.

Yeah sucks, I live in VA. Usually I get tickets for the series for my Birthday. Only way I get to see them unless we draw the O's away in Interleague. 

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

Yeah sucks, I live in VA. Usually I get tickets for the series for my Birthday. Only way I get to see them unless we draw the O's away in Interleague. 

Same here, I live close to DC. So, I get to watch them easily when they play the Nats (ok) or Orioles (yuck). 

The Nats stadium is pretty nice and a few minutes away, so I will probably catch some in person this year with my wife. 

Malachore likes this

37 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Same here, I live close to DC. So, I get to watch them easily when they play the Nats (ok) or Orioles (yuck). 

The Nats stadium is pretty nice and a few minutes away, so I will probably catch some in person this year with my wife. 

Yeah it's definitely nice but Camden Yards will always be special to me even if it is in Baltimore lol

K26dp and ATL Fan in the DMV like this

On 1/20/2019 at 11:36 PM, Malachore said:

Yeah it's definitely nice but Camden Yards will always be special to me even if it is in Baltimore lol

Taking the family on vacation to DC on spring break. I'll be at the home openers for both the Nationals and the Orioles. 

Malachore and jidady like this

1 hour ago, K26dp said:

Taking the family on vacation to DC on spring break. I'll be at the home openers for both the Nationals and the Orioles. 

Nice! Hope you enjoy it! Nats park reminds me a bit of Turner Field and Camden Yards just feels nostalgic. 

The ushers at Nats Park are some of the nicest people I've been around FWIW too.

6 hours ago, RLD said:

The Braves sure need to have Greinke as their opening day starter.

The Braves beat likely Phillies opening day starter Aaron Nola three out of five starts in 2018. 

Braves starters:

Sanchez: 1-1
Teheran: 2-1

On 2/4/2019 at 0:45 PM, Unkn0wn said:

Not for the $35M a year he makes. Not to mention his contract requires a $2M payment the day you acquire him.

**** lol

On 1/17/2019 at 7:58 AM, CrimsonFalcon said:

First 6 games are gonna say alot about our team.

Yep, come out slugging young men. Hoping to watch folty torch some Bryce Harper.