Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ransack

2019 MLB Season Thread

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, oztin said:

How desperate are the gNats

I think they're pretty desperate for some September depth. One of the great things the Braves have going. We can add Wright, Wilson, Touki, Weigel, Dayton and Walker to our bullpen on September 1. We could throw a bullpen game to rest the SPs and not even sweat it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

I think they're pretty desperate for some September depth. One of the great things the Braves have going. We can add Wright, Wilson, Touki, Weigel, Dayton and Walker to our bullpen on September 1. We could throw a bullpen game to rest the SPs and not even sweat it.

Glad they are making that desperation move instead of us.   I think Dayton especially could really help us from the port-side in the bullpen.   Touki has been down right awful this year in MLB and AAA, got to wonder when or if the light will come on for them.  I think Wright and Wilson really blossom for us as starters in 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 007dawg said:

Glad they are making that desperation move instead of us.   I think Dayton especially could really help us from the port-side in the bullpen.   Touki has been down right awful this year in MLB and AAA, got to wonder when or if the light will come on for them.  I think Wright and Wilson really blossom for us as starters in 2020.

I think Touki has just made it clear that hes not meant to be a RP. His routine got all out of sorts and he couldn't recover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

I think Touki has just made it clear that hes not meant to be a RP. His routine got all out of sorts and he couldn't recover.

Agreed.   Hopefully, he will stay a SP.   Probably should play Winter Ball and work on his control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to a new embargo placed by the Trump administration MLB is prohibiting any MLB or minor league players from joining winter teams in Venezuela. MLB is currently trying to figure out how to navigate the embargo if they can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Due to a new embargo placed by the Trump administration MLB is prohibiting any MLB or minor league players from joining winter teams in Venezuela. MLB is currently trying to figure out how to navigate the embargo if they can.

I wouldnt send my prospects down there to start with. MLBPA argues about protecting players from splinters but is willing to send them down at this time in their history? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

I wouldnt send my prospects down there to start with. MLBPA argues about protecting players from splinters but is willing to send them down at this time in their history? 

Well, it's where a bunch of them live so....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Due to a new embargo placed by the Trump administration MLB is prohibiting any MLB or minor league players from joining winter teams in Venezuela. MLB is currently trying to figure out how to navigate the embargo if they can.

He should get some of these things right *by accident*. It's a law of averages thing. And yet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, K26dp said:

Well, it's where a bunch of them live so....

Idc. I would be more inclined to get guys out of there not get more in. Just a few weeks ago a guy on his way to testify about corruption was murdered. This need not break down to a political debate but baseball is the least of Venezuela's concerns right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dawggone said:

Idc. I would be more inclined to get guys out of there not get more in. Just a few weeks ago a guy on his way to testify about corruption was murdered. This need not break down to a political debate but baseball is the least of Venezuela's concerns right now.

You cant keep guys from going home. For the record, they aren't. They can still return home. The impact is all those guys cant go home and still work on their abilities. That's the problem with this. They should be allowed to spend their offseason at home with family and playing winter ball if they want. The Venezuelan league is one of the most popular ones because Venezuela produces more players than any other foreign country

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Giants releasing July acquisition Scooter Gennett. Since the Giants decided not to sell they've drifted back to 4.5 out of the #2 WC and a game under .500. Their playoff odds are 0.1%

The new strategy without August trades is just to release guys. More notable names placed on release waivers than I can remember this August.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Braves ended the Mets season. Braves swept the Mets and then the Cubs turned around and swept the Mets. That's 6 straight home losses for the Mets against teams ahead of them in the standings. Mets are now 13 out in the division and 5 out in the wild card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
  • Create New...