Ransack

2019 MLB Season Thread

909 posts in this topic

Oh man, Yelich fouled a ball off his kneecap and fractured the bone. He's done for the year. And the worst part is that the Brewers didn't appreciate the severity of it. So, he walked off the field and DOWN THE STAIRS into the clubhouse. I cringed watching it.

36 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Yeah, you can tell football started and the Braves are comfortably up. Forum has been kind of dead lately.

Was more speaking towards the repetitive posts.. but yea it has been a lot quieter in here.. I’m sure it’ll pick up as playoffs near..

go Bravos!

5 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Was more speaking towards the repetitive posts.. but yea it has been a lot quieter in here.. I’m sure it’ll pick up as playoffs near..

go Bravos!

Everyone is too focused on the apocalypse that was week one for the falcons.  

33 minutes ago, Born Again Georgian said:

That did leave me pretty sad. Waited all offseason and then they come out and do ...whatever that was. I guess the Braves did the same thing though. They got ran out of Philly like they had no business being on the same field as Philly to start the year.

1 hour ago, Born Again Georgian said:

Ah yes.. the sky is falling again.. after week one.. fire everyone!

lol

seriously though, yea I was upset with the outcome.. but it’s week one.. lets at least make it through a half a season before we start really assessing them.. 

Sounds like Joe Maddon is probably done in Chicago. Yesterday Theo told the media theres no excuses, no injuries, nothing to stop them but they cant get off the ground. He sounded like a frustrated man who is about to bring in a new voice 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Sounds like Joe Maddon is probably done in Chicago. Yesterday Theo told the media theres no excuses, no injuries, nothing to stop them but they cant get off the ground. He sounded like a frustrated man who is about to bring in a new voice 

Good idea, Maddon was terrible for signing Chatwood, Darvish, Morrow, Heyward, and Kimbrel to those big contacts. He also shouldn't have gutted the farm for Jose Quintana. So glad Maddon will be held accountable.

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

Brewers even with losing Yelich have won 7 straight games to pull into a tie with the Cubs for the 2nd WC spot. They're 4 games behind the Cardinals in the Central.

Last night the Reds became the first team in history to allow 1 baserunner and lose. The only hit the Reds allowed was a triple. Dbacks got a sac fly and won 1-0. 

Diamondbacks and Las Vegas signed a non disclosure agreement last year in regards to the stadium talks. Dbacks have deflected all questions by saying they're focused on Arizona. Vegas mayor says it may or may not happen.

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Well, I take it all back. I never want to see him put on a Braves uniform. He also got into a fight a few weeks ago in the clubhouse. 

Suddenly I want to trade for Kyle Crick. If he was fighting with this rapist jackass, maybe he's someone I want on our side.

jidady likes this

4 more charges have been filed against Vasquez. Apparently he met a 13 year old while in the dugout at PNC. The two began communicating via text messages and apps. 

Cole is probably the angriest pitcher in the league. Dude is just beyond angry you have the audacity to step in the box against him. I love him for it. His catcher hit him with a ball last night

He K'd Guzman on 3 straight pitches immediately after.

The Brewers are currently 3 back of the Cards, but they have a very favorable schedule while the Cubs and Cards still have 6 games against each other. The Brewers have the Pirates, Reds, and Rockies left. The Cards even have 3 with the Diamondbacks left as well. 

Hoping for a game 163 between the Brewers and Cards. Winner gets the Braves, loser the Nats in the WC race. Nats/Cards vs. Dodgers and Brewers vs. Braves. 

9 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Miami and Don Mattingly have agreed to a 2 year extension that includes an option for a 3rd.

Don Mattingly is an idiot. I would have gotten as far away from that cess pool as possible.