Ransack

2019 MLB Season Thread

806 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, oztin said:

How desperate are the gNats

I think they're pretty desperate for some September depth. One of the great things the Braves have going. We can add Wright, Wilson, Touki, Weigel, Dayton and Walker to our bullpen on September 1. We could throw a bullpen game to rest the SPs and not even sweat it.

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

I think they're pretty desperate for some September depth. One of the great things the Braves have going. We can add Wright, Wilson, Touki, Weigel, Dayton and Walker to our bullpen on September 1. We could throw a bullpen game to rest the SPs and not even sweat it.

Glad they are making that desperation move instead of us.   I think Dayton especially could really help us from the port-side in the bullpen.   Touki has been down right awful this year in MLB and AAA, got to wonder when or if the light will come on for them.  I think Wright and Wilson really blossom for us as starters in 2020.

1 hour ago, 007dawg said:

Glad they are making that desperation move instead of us.   I think Dayton especially could really help us from the port-side in the bullpen.   Touki has been down right awful this year in MLB and AAA, got to wonder when or if the light will come on for them.  I think Wright and Wilson really blossom for us as starters in 2020.

I think Touki has just made it clear that hes not meant to be a RP. His routine got all out of sorts and he couldn't recover.

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

I think Touki has just made it clear that hes not meant to be a RP. His routine got all out of sorts and he couldn't recover.

Agreed.   Hopefully, he will stay a SP.   Probably should play Winter Ball and work on his control.

Due to a new embargo placed by the Trump administration MLB is prohibiting any MLB or minor league players from joining winter teams in Venezuela. MLB is currently trying to figure out how to navigate the embargo if they can.

4 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Due to a new embargo placed by the Trump administration MLB is prohibiting any MLB or minor league players from joining winter teams in Venezuela. MLB is currently trying to figure out how to navigate the embargo if they can.

I wouldnt send my prospects down there to start with. MLBPA argues about protecting players from splinters but is willing to send them down at this time in their history? 

Falconsfan567 likes this

19 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

I wouldnt send my prospects down there to start with. MLBPA argues about protecting players from splinters but is willing to send them down at this time in their history? 

Well, it's where a bunch of them live so....

5 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

He should get some of these things right *by accident*. It's a law of averages thing. And yet...

youngbloodz likes this

7 hours ago, K26dp said:

Well, it's where a bunch of them live so....

Idc. I would be more inclined to get guys out of there not get more in. Just a few weeks ago a guy on his way to testify about corruption was murdered. This need not break down to a political debate but baseball is the least of Venezuela's concerns right now.

1 hour ago, Dawggone said:

Idc. I would be more inclined to get guys out of there not get more in. Just a few weeks ago a guy on his way to testify about corruption was murdered. This need not break down to a political debate but baseball is the least of Venezuela's concerns right now.

You cant keep guys from going home. For the record, they aren't. They can still return home. The impact is all those guys cant go home and still work on their abilities. That's the problem with this. They should be allowed to spend their offseason at home with family and playing winter ball if they want. The Venezuelan league is one of the most popular ones because Venezuela produces more players than any other foreign country

1 hour ago, oztin said:

Kind of feel sorry for Yelich just got the record is going to be broken this season by Ronald Acuna

Yelich will be fine. Hes got a shot at being the first to 50/25 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Yelich will be fine. Hes got a shot at being the first to 50/25 

Well at least he will have that record for a year.

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

Giants releasing July acquisition Scooter Gennett. Since the Giants decided not to sell they've drifted back to 4.5 out of the #2 WC and a game under .500. Their playoff odds are 0.1%

The new strategy without August trades is just to release guys. More notable names placed on release waivers than I can remember this August.

Rays AA pitcher Blake Bivens is going through an unimaginable night. Bivens wife and child were murdered by Bivens brother in law. 

17 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Rays AA pitcher Blake Bivens is going through an unimaginable night. Bivens wife and child were murdered by Bivens brother in law. 

Wow

wtf

49 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Holy ****!! That's just awful. There are no words.

I think the Braves ended the Mets season. Braves swept the Mets and then the Cubs turned around and swept the Mets. That's 6 straight home losses for the Mets against teams ahead of them in the standings. Mets are now 13 out in the division and 5 out in the wild card.