Ransack

2019 MLB Season Thread

788 posts in this topic

Something I always loved about gigantic Dante Bichette is that his baseball intellect was outrageous. He had subpar speed yet he stole 152 bases in his career, including 31 in a season. I'm not surprised that he coached his son to greatness. I always thought he'd be a phenomenal hitting coach, but he tried it once with the Rockies and clearly didn't like it.

youngbloodz likes this

Stroman said he look forward to pitching in the playoffs this year. We all laughed. The Mets are 0.5 back of the #2 WC right now.

Greinke gave up 5 runs in his Houston debut. Greinke told the media he got bored because the Astros kept scoring runs. Houston put 11 on the board for him 

Falconsfan567 likes this

5 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Stroman said he look forward to pitching in the playoffs this year. We all laughed. The Mets are 0.5 back of the #2 WC right now.

True. Winning 13 of the last 14 games can quickly change your prospects. The nationals play them next starting tomorrow I believe. 

5 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Greinke gave up 5 runs in his Houston debut. Greinke told the media he got bored because the Astros kept scoring runs. Houston put 11 on the board for him 

He is a different dude for sure... I can only imagine the reaction around here if he had that kind of performance with Atlanta

TheTrue7 likes this

MLB announced the Yankees and White Sox will play a regular season game in Iowa next year. It will be played on the field from the movie Field of Dreams. MLB will soon begin modifying it to hold about 8,000 people but the cornfields will remain the backdrop.

7 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

LOL!!!

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

MLB announced the Yankees and White Sox will play a regular season game in Iowa next year. It will be played on the field from the movie Field of Dreams. MLB will soon begin modifying it to hold about 8,000 people but the cornfields will remain the backdrop.

In my top 5 movies of all time.

Falconsfan567 and jidady like this

10 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

He is a different dude for sure... I can only imagine the reaction around here if he had that kind of performance with Atlanta

I can think of some people...  never mind. 

falconsd56 and TheTrue7 like this

LOL!! OMG!! This Diamondbacks/Dodgers game ended with fireworks!! Totally crazy!! Benches emptied after the game because Archie Bradley was barking at the Dodgers bench. And now Dave Roberts is going bananas!! This is ******* crazy!!!

39 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

LOL!! OMG!! This Diamondbacks/Dodgers game ended with fireworks!! Totally crazy!! Benches emptied after the game because Archie Bradley was barking at the Dodgers bench. And now Dave Roberts is going bananas!! This is ******* crazy!!!

I watched that live....man i wish i was a fly on the wall in those club houses.

Whole lot of dooshness going on out there

Falconsfan567 likes this

Mets announced Tim Tebow is out for the year with a hand injury. Tebow was not good in his first appearance in AAA. He hit .163/.240/.255 with 98 K in 239 ABs. Tebow is expected to return for another season. 

On 8/10/2019 at 0:39 PM, Unknøwn said:

Mets announced Tim Tebow is out for the year with a hand injury. Tebow was not good in his first appearance in AAA. He hit .163/.240/.255 with 98 K in 239 ABs. Tebow is expected to return for another season. 

If you can't at the AAA level this year, I don't know why you'd come back for another season.

How do you properly pronounce Joey Lucchesi's name? The way Kevin Burkhart is saying it on the Rays broadcast is COMPLETELY different than the way Chip Caray says it. WTF?

LOL!! Baseball is epic!! Ian Kinsler hasn't started a game since July 19th because he's been in that bad a slump. Well he just pitched a scoreless 9th inning and then hit a homerun!! He's the first Padres pitcher to hit a homerun this year. LOL!!!

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

Phillies fired hitting coach John Mallee. They've hired former manager Charlie Manuel as hitting coach. Manuel has remained in the organization but this will be his first full time gig since leaving the dugout. Right now hes just expected to be interim.

16 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

How do you properly pronounce Joey Lucchesi's name? The way Kevin Burkhart is saying it on the Rays broadcast is COMPLETELY different than the way Chip Caray says it. WTF?

When I've heard it from other announcers, it is pronounced with hard K instead of the CH like in cheese. I prefer the latter. 

Kevin Burkhart just Chip Caray'd everyone!! "AND THERE IT GOES HIGH INTO THE NIGHT!!! Oh wait, it's gonna stay in, and it's caught."