Ransack

2019 MLB Season Thread

789 posts in this topic

Cubs DFA Brad Brach. Brach posted a 1.52 in his 27 games as a Braves after the deadline last year. Earned him a $1.65M deal this year but posted a 6.13 in 42 games. 

56 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

So teams can still claim guys who were DFA right??

Waiver process is unchanged. You just cant trade players that clear waivers anymore. Brach will either have to accept a AAA role or ask for his release if he clears. If a player is claimed it's normal procedure, claiming team gets your rights. 

falconsd56 likes this

Just now, Unknøwn said:

Waiver process is unchanged. You just cant trade players that clear waivers anymore. Brach will either have to accept a AAA role or ask for his release if he clears. If a player is claimed it's normal procedure, claiming team gets your rights. 

Cool , thought as much...thanks for confirming

Demeritte tripled, walked twice and stole a base in his MLB debut. He was also facing Texas, the team that drafted him and later traded him to Atlanta for Lucas Harrell and Dario Alvarez. 

jidady and ATL Fan in the DMV like this

I know he strikes out too much, but I can absolutely see Demeritte being one of those guys who surprises on the major league level. Whenever he's struggled in the minors, he's worked his way through it. Perseverance is that x-factor in pro sports.

9 hours ago, jidady said:

I know he strikes out too much, but I can absolutely see Demeritte being one of those guys who surprises on the major league level. Whenever he's struggled in the minors, he's worked his way through it. Perseverance is that x-factor in pro sports.

If he keeps his K% to ~25% like he has this season he'll be fine because he draws walks and hits dingerz. Really happy he's getting an opportunity.

Houston just has this thing figured out. Aaron Sanchez had a 6.07 with Toronto and had a 7.49 ERA over his last 17 starts. Of course he goes to Houston in a trade and immediately throws a no hitter.

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Houston just has this thing figured out. Aaron Sanchez had a 6.07 with Toronto and had a 7.49 ERA over his last 17 starts. Of course he goes to Houston in a trade and immediately throws a no hitter.

6 innings of a no-hitter to be correct.

Playoff schedule is set. NLDS begins on October 3rd. Times are TBD but both start on the 3rd. TBS will carry the NL playoffs this year.

" The Cubs placed closer Craig Kimbrel on the IL with right knee inflammation."

It's a shame. After a rough start, he'd had 10 scoreless appearances out of his last 11. 

2 hours ago, jidady said:

" The Cubs placed closer Craig Kimbrel on the IL with right knee inflammation."

It's a shame. After a rough start, he'd had 10 scoreless appearances out of his last 11. 

Was giving up a ton of base runners though. WHIP of almost 1.50. 

On 8/5/2019 at 1:56 PM, Unknøwn said:

Playoff schedule is set. NLDS begins on October 3rd. Times are TBD but both start on the 3rd. TBS will carry the NL playoffs this year.

TBS needs to carry more games.  I miss the old days of the Braves and Hawks on TBS.  One of the worst things to happen to Atlanta sports is Ted selling the Braves and Hawks...:(

Image result for atlanta braves on tbs

The Reds are taking every pitcher in the league. They signed Brad Boxberger to a minors deal. Boxberger was just released by the Nats.

47 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

The Reds are taking every pitcher in the league. They signed Brad Boxberger to a minors deal. Boxberger was just released by the Nats.

The Nats? When did they get him from the Diamondbacks?

20 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

The Nats? When did they get him from the Diamondbacks?

Boxberger was a FA last winter. Signed with KC, released by them and signed by the Nats.

15 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Boxberger was a FA last winter. Signed with KC, released by them and signed by the Nats.

I meant Royals because I questioned early in the season him not being given a chance to close for them when they couldn't find a closer.

Bo Bichette set the MLB record with 10 extra base hits in his first 9 games. Hes hitting .415/.455/.805 to begin his career. The trio of former MLB stars kids are looking promising for the Jays. 

jidady and K26dp like this