Ransack

2019 MLB Season Thread

788 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

After failing to land pitching help the Dodgers are calling up top prospect Dustin May

Hope we tee off on them! 

3 hours ago, jidady said:

That's super-weird.

Very weird, I'd take him back. How was he doing at Gwinnett? I just saw too much potential in him last year to think he just forgot how to pitch overnight. In fact, he was the guy I was actually hated to see traded the most.

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Very weird, I'd take him back. How was he doing at Gwinnett? I just saw too much potential in him last year to think he just forgot how to pitch overnight. In fact, he was the guy I was actually hated to see traded the most.

He was pretty pedestrian down there, but honestly, I'm not lending too much credence to AAA numbers this year. Pitching has been sub-par across the board at that level (a lot due to the new baseball). 

Falconsfan567 likes this

1 minute ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

Winkler completely lost his command this year. Honestly, might be another "new ball" casualty.

I think so. His HR/FB% has skyrocketed (5.2 to 20.8), while his FB% has only slightly gone up (36.3 to 40.7).

Suspensions are in:

"Major League Baseball on Thursday suspended six players and both managers for their roles in the benches-clearing brawl between the Pittsburgh Pirates and Cincinnati Reds on Tuesday night.

Reds manager David Bell (six games) and pitchers Amir Garrett (eight games) and Jared Hughes (three games) were disciplined. Yasiel Puig, who acknowledged after Tuesday's game that he had been traded to the Cleveland Indians before Wednesday's official announcement, was suspended for three games.

Pirates pitcher Keone Kela got the longest ban at 10 games for "intentionally" throwing a pitch near the head of the Reds' Derek Dietrich and later instigating the brawl. Teammates Jose Osuna (five games) and Kyle Crick (three games) and manager Clint Hurdle (two games) also were disciplined by MLB."

Man. What does it say about Torre's stance on throwing a guy's head if Kela gets 10 for it, while Garrett only gets 8 for Leroy Jenkins'ing the Pirates' dugout? 

Beef and Falconsfan567 like this

2 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Man. What does it say about Torre's stance on throwing a guy's head if Kela gets 10 for it, while Garrett only gets 8 for Leroy Jenkins'ing the Pirates' dugout? 

Torre's mistake was honestly. All of the Reds were going, "Gee, it slipped" or "I had a bad grip." After the game, he was like, "**** yeah! Gimme another ball and I'll hit him again!" 

I think Hurdle and Bell both got underpunished. Bell went back on the field to fight after being ejected. A manager just can't do that ever. And Hurdle's the reason why the Pirates are feuding with everyone else in the NL Central. He's the causality on all of this nonsense.

ATLBrave likes this

17 minutes ago, jidady said:

Torre's mistake was honestly. All of the Reds were going, "Gee, it slipped" or "I had a bad grip." After the game, he was like, "**** yeah! Gimme another ball and I'll hit him again!" 

I think Hurdle and Bell both got underpunished. Bell went back on the field to fight after being ejected. A manager just can't do that ever. And Hurdle's the reason why the Pirates are feuding with everyone else in the NL Central. He's the causality on all of this nonsense.

Clint Hurdle and the Pirates have been doing this for years too. They had those 3 winning seasons in a row from 2013-2015 and its like they got too big for their britches.

News just broke that the Diamondbacks have engaged Henderson, Nevada in stadium talks. Henderson is just barely outside Las Vegas.

I know Cole is going to get a blank check in free agency but I'd love to have him

Lindor is my favorite thing about this. Hes left in a clear state of shock and confusion. 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

I know Cole is going to get a blank check in free agency but I'd love to have him

Lindor is my favorite thing about this. Hes left in a clear state of shock and confusion. 

Man, I am right there with you. I know it's a risky play going after a guy that close to 30 who's going to command $200m+, but ******** if he wouldn't put us right there with the Dodgers.

22 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

News just broke that the Diamondbacks have engaged Henderson, Nevada in stadium talks. Henderson is just barely outside Las Vegas.

According to the local sports media.... It was more wishful thinking on Henderson's part than the Dbacks persuring  them.

Although apparently they do want to move fron Chase field to another part of the Phoenix area

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

According to the local sports media.... It was more wishful thinking on Henderson's part than the Dbacks persuring  them.

Although apparently they do want to move fron Chase field to another part of the Phoenix area

They've been in a dispute with Phoenix. Apparently the city has failed to maintain the conditions of the stadium. Dbacks have been saying they breached the lease agreement by not doing upkeep. 

6 hours ago, ATLBrave said:

Man, I am right there with you. I know it's a risky play going after a guy that close to 30 who's going to command $200m+, but ******** if he wouldn't put us right there with the Dodgers.

Wait, I thought the deadline was past.  Why are folks talking about acquiring Garrit Cole?

13 minutes ago, Beef said:

Wait, I thought the deadline was past.  Why are folks talking about acquiring Garrit Cole?

Free agency

42 minutes ago, Beef said:

Hes a free agent after the season.

48 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

Lucroy designated for assignment...

How the mighty have fallen...

Still better than Tyler Flowers.