Ransack

2019 MLB Season Thread

723 posts in this topic

Lucas Sims also not benefiting from the change of scenery. He has a 5.24 ERA in AAA for Cincy this year. 

The Cubs are 22-28 in their last 50 games and Theo Epstein isn't happy. Epstein is threatening to blow up the team if they don't turn it around. Let's also not forget that Joe Maddon is managing without a contract for next year. So not only are the players on the hot seat, Maddon is as well.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/07/theo-epstein-on-cubs-slide-not-acceptable.html

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

The Cubs are 22-28 in their last 50 games and Theo Epstein isn't happy. Epstein is threatening to blow up the team if they don't turn it around. Let's also not forget that Joe Maddon is managing without a contract for next year. So not only are the players on the hot seat, Maddon is as well.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/07/theo-epstein-on-cubs-slide-not-acceptable.html

Snit is doing a fine job....but if the Braves could get Madden.......that would be awesome

Cubs probably need a new voice. Some times the message goes stale. For whatever reason Maddon just isn't getting through anymore. Kimbrel has also been a disappointment so far.

19 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Snit is doing a fine job....but if the Braves could get Madden.......that would be awesome

I've actually cooled on Maddon a bit. He would be better than Snitker but I've seen some things from him since the Cubs won the World Series that I'm not a fan of. Some of the way he has handled certain players and some of his management decisions.

This is why I said we shouldn't expect anything from Kimbrel or Keuchel until after the break or possibly August. It's just brutal for a guy to come in off the street and face hitters who are 200+ at-bats into the season. So far, Keuchel's clearly been the better value of the two (although I really, really wanted both).

Malachore and Falconsfan567 like this

3 minutes ago, jidady said:

This is why I said we shouldn't expect anything from Kimbrel or Keuchel until after the break or possibly August. It's just brutal for a guy to come in off the street and face hitters who are 200+ at-bats into the season. So far, Keuchel's clearly been the better value of the two (although I really, really wanted both).

Yep. I was saying the same thing. I've been very surprised that Keuchel has been as good as he has so far.

47 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I will take Maddon in Atlanta 

I'll take him. I've just cooled on him a bit from where I used to be on him when he left the Rays.

youngbloodz likes this

Just now, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Maddon wiould make one helliuva washing machine. Looks like I discovered his career after baseball...

LOL!! Makes me think of those Maytag commercials!!

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

Yesterday they had a 6.6 magnitude earthquake in California and just now they just had another one in LA that measured at 7.1 They never stopped the Padres/Dodgers game.

Jake Arrieta has a bone spur in his right elbow. According to the Athletic it will require surgery and the Phillies aren't certain they can put it off much longer.