Ransack

2019 MLB Season Thread

704 posts in this topic

This Yankees vs. Red Sox game is nothing like I've ever seen!! A wild pitch scores yet another run in this game and it's 17-12 in the 7th inning. This game is 4 hours old.

Another run and it's 17-13!! The only other game I've ever seen like this was a Braves at Marlins game in 2008 in a lost season for both teams that the Braves won 16-14.

What is wrong with the Indians? Orioles beat them 13-0 yesterday and beating their socks off again today. It's 11-0 Orioles!!

Angels starting pitcher Tyler Skaggs has died in Texas at the age of 27. He started on Saturday.

No word on what happened yet. The game today has been canceled. The team was just informed 90 minutes ago. More details will come.

Saw a police report that no foul play was suspected. Hate that'll likely be suicide or accidental overdose.

We will have to wait on the autopsy to know what happened. Police are only saying no foul play suspected 

Just saw the news about Tyler Skaggs and it's so heartbreaking!! Especially since it's not been that long since the tragedy with Nick Adenhart.

15 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Saw a police report that no foul play was suspected. Hate that'll likely be suicide or accidental overdose.

Respectfully, let's not speculate yet. Darryl Kile had an undiagnosed heart condition.

K26dp and Malachore like this

We've had so many tragic deaths in baseball in the last 15 or so years. Some names that come to mind.

Darryl Kile
Cory Lidle
Josh Hancock
Nick Adenhart
Jose Fernandez
Yordano Ventura
Oscar Tavares
Roy Halladay
Tyler Skaggs

So heartbreaking.

2 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

Tommy Hanson

Yes. Don't know how I failed to mention him. Just so many names to try to remember.

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yes. Don't know how I failed to mention him. Just so many names to try to remember.

Yeah and then I see Jared Lorenzen passed away today.  Different sport,  but young guy. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

18 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

We've had so many tragic deaths in baseball in the last 15 or so years. Some names that come to mind.

Darryl Kile
Cory Lidle
Josh Hancock
Nick Adenhart
Jose Fernandez
Yordano Ventura
Oscar Tavares
Roy Halladay
Tyler Skaggs

So heartbreaking.

Steve Belcher, Luis Valbuena, Andy Marte, Joe Kennedy. Number of Hispanic players have been killed recently in “car accidents” (including a few mentioned already). 

Falconsfan567 likes this

5 hours ago, ATLBrave said:

Steve Belcher, Luis Valbuena, Andy Marte, Joe Kennedy. Number of Hispanic players have been killed recently in “car accidents” (including a few mentioned already). 

Yep. There's just been so many!!